Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I was just going to add that it looks as though there may be no more Gray lot.

I hope they do away with it. Makes getting out of the stadium from the green lot where the ES Tailgate is a pain. Will move a lot faster with no gray lot.

Strange. When I called the TO and asked about staying in the Gray Lot, the guy said they were "reworking" the gray lot but didn't say anything about eliminating it. In fact, he offered to put me back in the gray lot if I did not want the Green B3.

Has everyone in Gray really moved to Green B3? Put differently, is there anyone out there who had Gray but did not receive the upgrade-to-Green-B3 e-mail yesterday?

I prefer the ease of getting to and from the Gray Lot and the tailgating on grass even if it is less energy than the other lots.

Also, anyone with experience getting out of the Green B3? How long does that take?

Strange. When I called the TO and asked about staying in the Gray Lot, the guy said they were "reworking" the gray lot but didn't say anything about eliminating it.

I'd be really surprised if they actually do away with it. They just bought the land and opened it a couple years ago. Unless someone made them an offer they couldn't refuse, or taking the seats out really lowered parking demand I just don't see it.

I also doubt the Redskinsare doing away with the gray lot. As HOF said, it was just opened a few years ago and it accounts for a lot of cars. I wonder if ticket renewals are down a lot which also means more spaces opening up inside the FedEx area. I would not think so because the excitement of drafting RG3 should encourage sales.

Anyon who parked in Green B-3 last year.....was the lot full for the divisional games? Or was there a lot of open spaces for those games that were highly attended?

Has anyone had success moving back rows. I currently have 2 seats in section 112 on row 4. I've been here the last two seasons. I like being this close in the endzone. I, however, do not want to be this close to the field from the sidelines. Players and other team officials will block our view.

Has anyone had success moving back rows. I currently have 2 seats in section 112 on row 4. I've been here the last two seasons. I like being this close in the endzone. I, however, do not want to be this close to the field from the sidelines. Players and other team officials will block our view.

I have a request in with my upgrade that where ever they move me it's in the 200's row 4 or higher, I'm in the 200's row 2 now.

Edited by HOF44

I also have a request on my account to be "downgraded" to the 200 level, row 4 or higher. We'll see if it works.

Anybody have an idea when the OV "tag-a-seat" day will be this year? Last year it was August, so I'm guessing I haven't missed anything yet.

Do you get a chance to move earlier than the tag-a-seat day if you have OV year after year? I don't remember them asking me the three years I had them if I wanted to move down.

I was just going to add that it looks as though there may be no more Gray lot.

On a side note, has anyone on here ever upgraded 3 tickets? I was considering adding a 3rd ticket this season because of another family member going to games, but I'm not sure if that would help or hurt my upgrade chances. I'm in the lower level and just want to get closer to midfield.

I have 3 tickets for about 5 yrs now and when I first got the 3rd ticket added it got me down to the LL endzone but so far I havent moved from those same seats...Hoping that changes this year and I atleast get to the corner....HAIL!!!!!!!

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 01:52 PM ----------

I also doubt the Redskinsare doing away with the gray lot. As HOF said, it was just opened a few years ago and it accounts for a lot of cars. I wonder if ticket renewals are down a lot which also means more spaces opening up inside the FedEx area. I would not think so because the excitement of drafting RG3 should encourage sales.

Anyon who parked in Green B-3 last year.....was the lot full for the divisional games? Or was there a lot of open spaces for those games that were highly attended?

Last yr was my first year in the B-3 lot and the games I showed up early to the parking was great and lots of room for tailgaiting(even with the canopy up).. The Eagles game I was running late for and got there about an hr before kickoff and still got a good parking place.

The walk to the stadium is FAST...Only takes about 5 min if that to get to the gate

After the games exiting the parking lot isnt all that bad but I do have LL seats so I get out quick(dont know what it would be like in the Uppers)...I would say from the time I get in my car to get back on 495 heading home it takes about 10 to 15 mins so I dont think that is all that bad...

Hope this helps anyone out....HTTR!!!!!!

Edited by spyder462

Anybody have an idea when the OV "tag-a-seat" day will be this year? Last year it was August, so I'm guessing I haven't missed anything yet.

Pick a seat days usually happen around May-June-July. In recent years, only the worst of the very worst seats have been available for harvest.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anymore pick a seat days. I have a feeling the Cave days may be coming to an end in the next year or two. I have zero evidence of this, just speculation that a new premium seating level will one day replace the OV seating area now that the upper loges are gone. I suspect the effort to continue with the downsizing of the stadium will keep rolling and new ideas and seating space will be needed to keep the market fresh.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anymore pick a seat days. I have a feeling the Cave days may be coming to an end in the next year or two. I have zero evidence of this, just speculation that a new premium seating level will one day replace the OV seating area now that the upper loges are gone..

I wonder they could fit some LL Suites over there like on the home side? Or maybe smaller versions.

I wonder they could fit some LL Suites over there like on the home side? Or maybe smaller versions.

Somewhere, Mark the Homer has a paper advertisement flyer from the mid 1990s which features renderings of what JKC Stadium was projected to look like on opening day in 1997.

The Owner's Club suites (as seen on the homeside today) were originally planned to wrap around the rim of the entire lower level. All of the 200 level seating was to have its own concourse above the 100 level concourse. The suites would have filled the area where the cave seating platforms are located today. For some reason, probably budget constraints and lack of demand, they scrapped the suites on the visitors side. The entire 200 level club concourse was left on the drawing board. It wasn't until 2004 that Snyder decided to exploit the empty space with the Cave seats seen today. The Cave seats gave birth to a few thousand (non obstructed) high quality seats in the low rows of the Cave.

*The Owners Club was added in the early 2000s after Snyder took over. The lower level suites on the homeside were press boxes and lounges from 1997-1999. In 2000, the press seating was moved down to the NW corner of the Owner's Club level to make room for the OC bar, lounge, and seating.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Thanks, spyder462, for the info on getting out of Green B3. 10-15 minutes to 495 certainly ain't bad at all. Just curious -- How do you get out of the lot? Do you snake back out to Morgan Boulevard or do you go out some other way? That took me forever when I was in B3 a year or two ago. I assume there's a better way.

Thanks, spyder462, for the info on getting out of Green B3. 10-15 minutes to 495 certainly ain't bad at all. Just curious -- How do you get out of the lot? Do you snake back out to Morgan Boulevard or do you go out some other way? That took me forever when I was in B3 a year or two ago. I assume there's a better way.

I just leave the B-3 lot going around all the other lots onto Morgan Boulevard...But like I said being in the LL makes it alot easier...I think if you are in the uppers and the crowd is all out it probably would take alot longer to get out but I havent had it bad at all.....Someone told me that you can go out the back way around the sports complex and get onto Sheiff Road then to 495 but never went that way so Im not to sure....Anyone with any information on that route any help would be appreciated....Thanks and HAIL!!!!!

Thanks Spyder462 - that's great information about the 3rd seat. Unbelievable that you didn't move at all last year when everyone got upgraded. Are you in the end zone by the tunnels or the opposite end zone? Thanks!

Unbelievable that you got no uppgrade. You must have gotten lost in the shuffle somehow. Good luck this year! I think Id call the ticket office if I were you and have them notate your account. Making noise may not help, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Unbelievable that you got no uppgrade. You must have gotten lost in the shuffle somehow. Good luck this year! I think Id call the ticket office if I were you and have them notate your account. Making noise may not help, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Well I did get the parking upgrade to B-3 lot so maybe they thought that was ok...I like my seats in 111 too just hoping to move over some. And im gonna call in late May or early June sometime to see what kind of upgrade I might be able to get. Im hoping with the odd number of tickets(3) that I get a major upgrade over....HTTR!!!!!

Pick a seat days usually happen around May-June-July. In recent years, only the worst of the very worst seats have been available for harvest.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see anymore pick a seat days. I have a feeling the Cave days may be coming to an end in the next year or two. I have zero evidence of this, just speculation that a new premium seating level will one day replace the OV seating area now that the upper loges are gone. I suspect the effort to continue with the downsizing of the stadium will keep rolling and new ideas and seating space will be needed to keep the market fresh.

Somewhere, Mark the Homer has a paper advertisement flyer from the mid 1990s which features renderings of what JKC Stadium was projected to look like on opening day in 1997.

The Owner's Club suites (as seen on the homeside today) were originally planned to wrap around the rim of the entire lower level. All of the 200 level seating was to have its own concourse above the 100 level concourse. The suites would have filled the area where the cave seating platforms are located today. For some reason, probably budget constraints and lack of demand, they scrapped the suites on the visitors side. The entire 200 level club concourse was left on the drawing board. It wasn't until 2004 that Snyder decided to exploit the empty space with the Cave seats seen today. The Cave seats gave birth to a few thousand (non obstructed) high quality seats in the low rows of the Cave.

Well, the Cave is one of the best deals going, um, if you shut your eyes when the game's on the 20% of the field that's behind a column. And worst seat is, obviously, what I'm expecting (see name).

Quick story: When I first got word of the Cave "jump to the front of the line... for less!" via email, the ticket office made you visit your seat and sign a release that you knew your seats stunk. They had the computer generated image, but that was it. I was in one of the Carolinas at the time (SC, I think), and didn't have the time to drive up to take a look during the off-season. Lots of Googling later, I got a bike courier based in DC to run up there for me (they'll stand in lines for you, so I figured they'd be game) and check things out. It was hilarious. I got a random call from a courier I'd never met who was borrowing the ticket sales' guy's cell phone. "Your friend who is here would like to talk to you quickly... [phone's handed over] Yeah, uh, this seat isn't that bad. Yeah. If you lean waaaaay forward, you can see pretty well. It's not that bad!" So she signed my release and BAM, I'm in the worst seat for a pro game I've ever had. Except that it was close enough to the game to be lots better than TV.

I think I owe the company a few preseason tickets. ;)

I guess filling it in with suites at some point makes sense, but with the way demand seems to be dropping for the club seats too (which I assume is somewhat indicative of suites), I'm not sure who they'd get to buy more suites. And the cave prices have dropped a good deal over the years. I seem to remember it being $540 or so one year, maybe more one year before that and in the $300s another? Aren't they $290+tax now? Maybe that's back to $330. So if OV seat prices have dropped and overall demand is still down, hopefully I'm in luck for another season or two, though the loge replacement is an interesting insight. (And you personally have a pretty good track record with ticket demand insights.) I just can't justify spending twice as much for seats that make the players look like ants and hope they keep the seats around.

Was just wondering if there was any way to slowly move up once you had them as if they were standard season tickets or if everyone started fresh at Tag-a-Seat if you didn't renew. I ended up changing seats each year because I didn't renew at invoice time, so I'm not sure what the process if you do renew is.

I guess filling it in with suites at some point makes sense, but with the way demand seems to be dropping for the club seats too (which I assume is somewhat indicative of suites), I'm not sure who they'd get to buy more suites. And the cave prices have dropped a good deal over the years. I seem to remember it being $540 or so one year, maybe more one year before that and in the $300s another? Aren't they $290+tax now? Maybe that's back to $330. So if OV seat prices have dropped and overall demand is still down, hopefully I'm in luck for another season or two, though the loge replacement is an interesting insight. (And you personally have a pretty good track record with ticket demand insights.) I just can't justify spending twice as much for seats that make the players look like ants and hope they keep the seats around.

Was just wondering if there was any way to slowly move up once you had them as if they were standard season tickets or if everyone started fresh at Tag-a-Seat if you didn't renew. I ended up changing seats each year because I didn't renew at invoice time, so I'm not sure what the process if you do renew is.

The ticket prices for the "cave" have not changed since they were installed. The obstructed view seats are $290, the limited view seats are $540, and the Terrace view seats are $790, plus taxes of course. As far as I know, they have no automatic upgrade process for the "cave". You can probably call them and request to be moved within the cave, or up price levels in the cave. I also bet you can get full price GA tickets anytime you wanted, you would probably start out high in the upper deck like all the people that are coming off the waiting list though.

The $79 seats are a pretty good deal for the location and some of the $540 seats aren't bad at all either. I would rather watch the game in the parking lot or at home on a 13 inch tv before I sat in the $290 seats. They are terrible.

The ticket prices for the "cave" have not changed since they were installed. The obstructed view seats are $290, the limited view seats are $540, and the Terrace view seats are $790, plus taxes of course.

In 2004, all of the above seats were the same price as the original (non obstructed) GA seats on the 200 level. The Cave was $690 per seat, regardless of the severity of the obstructions. There were no price breaks aside from a $100 per seat incentive credit in year one if you moved down from the 400s. The prices were lowered in 05 and again in 06, at which time the obstructed seats were reclassified into the three pricing tiers seen today; Obstructed, Limited, or Terrace view according to the severity of the obstruction.

Original Cave dwellers have been offered GA relocation to the LL endzones in each of the last 4 years, two times I was told 'its now or never' only to get similar offers the following year.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Was looking on StubHub and came across this in the season ticket for sale section. That sure is a whole bunch of cheap Zone A clubs dropped on there all at once.

Zone A Club 302 Row 17

Qty available 5-15

$1,500.00

Was looking on StubHub and came across this in the season ticket for sale section. That sure is a whole bunch of cheap Zone A clubs dropped on there all at once.

Zone A Club 302 Row 17

Qty available 5-15

$1,500.00

Who in the world would be selling those seats at such a loss? :obvious:

There are probably still a few neighboring STHs in that section paying out their contracts on mid 2000s prices. Zone As were 5k per seat, per season during Gibbs 2.0. This has got to sting if you're one of them.

Edited by RFKFedEx

sorry if i missed something and an repeating questions but...

it's safe to say upgrades have started? based on all the parking upgrades i would think so, and I believe S&S said his location is no longer on his invoice? Are other people in the lower level seeing the same thing?

I still see mine, but i'm upper level and we're (obviously) last :(