Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I also believe that much of the conflict between tailgate parties and later arriving vehicles happens on the north side. The poor layout of parking rows is conducive for inconsiderate tailgaters to sprawl their setups across the vehicle travel lanes between the rows of parked cars. This problem doesn't occur as frequently on the south and west sides because the feeder lanes properly funnel the later arriving vehicles into the open space, unlike the north and east side where its a free for all to go nowhere inside of 2 hrs before kickoff.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Just got another e-mail from the TO after asking them the chance of buying Grey this year and being upgraded to Green B3 before the year starts. They responded:

"Great news!!. Based on availability, the Ticket Office can add a Green B3 parking pass to your account for the 2012 season. You will then be eligible (based on availability) to upgrade to our Green lot for the 2013 season."

Just FYI. This is my 2nd season having tickets, no parking pass last season.

Wow, congrats to you. This will be my 4th year in the gray lot and was told that I most likely wouldn't get a b3 upgrade. Guess things haven't changed as much as we thought up there.

Edit - Spoke with Chris at the ticket office, very nice guy, who said they were working on the parking and based on availability I should be able to get in to the B3 lot. He took the time to look at my account, figure things out and said that hopefully I would find out within the next couple weeks but maybe not. Guess it is still a game of who you talk to, didn't ask about seat upgrades though as Inwas already fortunate with my previous upgrades.

He didnt have an answer to why some people already got the offer and got it "out of turn," but I didn't expect him to as those things are bound to happen when dealing with 90k seats and who know how many parking passes.

Edited by LaxinFish29

Just got my first set of season tickets! and wanted to post it somewhere and thought this was the best place.

Finally earning enough to make the leap though now I may not make an away game this year which is what I focused on before.

I had been reading through this post just to get ideas so thanks for the now less secret driving directions :)

Just got my first set of season tickets! and wanted to post it somewhere and thought this was the best place.

Finally earning enough to make the leap though now I may not make an away game this year which is what I focused on before.

I had been reading through this post just to get ideas so thanks for the now less secret driving directions :)

If you make it to 1 away game, make it Pittsburgh... check out the Invade PIttsburgh 2012 thread... more info to come soon. and congrats on the tickets!

Congrats and welcome to owning your own, Hoover-ball.

Now for the requisite comments from season ticket naysayers...

5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

Thats a good post, especially to someone who is excited about getting seats. I'll never understand why it matters to you what others spend their money on.

I'll never understand why it matters to you what others spend their money on.

There are just so many price conscience 'Skins fans around that hate to see so many of their fellow fans hornswaggled by the TO, you see. If everybody would only buy their tickets on the secondary market prices would have to come down. :silly:

In all seriousness, if this team starts winning, and with the reduction in seat numbers, I imagine the secondary market will get much tighter and there won't be as many people advocating for giving up season tickets in favor of finding single games on Stub Hub. It bothers me that there are prominent members on this board advocating that.

The secondary market is the reason why I have to wade through so many idiot fans (of both teams) on Sundays. The occassional attendee has nothing invested in the team other than a few eight dollar beers and the price of the ticket. They won't be coming back next week so it's easy to act like a fool, get drunk, and behave badly. They know that they won't lose their season tickets for acting up and that hurts the game day experience for everyone. /rant

Edited by Section106

There are just so many price conscience 'Skins fans around that hate to see so many of their fellow fans hornswaggled by the TO, you see. If everybody would only buy their tickets on the secondary market prices would have to come down. :silly:

In all seriousness, if this team starts winning, and with the reduction in seat numbers, I imagine the secondary market will get much tighter and there won't be as many people advocating for giving up season tickets in favor of finding single games on Stub Hub. It bothers me that there are prominent members on this board advocating that.

The secondary market is the reason why I have to wade through so many idiot fans (of both teams) on Sundays. The occassional attendee has nothing invested in the team other than a few eight dollar beers and the price of the ticket. They won't be coming back next week so it's easy to act like a fool, get drunk, and behave badly. They know that they won't lose their season tickets for acting up and that hurts the game day experience for everyone. /rant

Now I get it. I agree and I didn't lose a dime last year including preseason on the tickets I sold but that can't be true. What row in 106?

Now I get it. I agree and I didn't lose a dime last year including preseason on the tickets I sold but that can't be true. What row in 106?

I'm in 304, row 10, seats 5-8. Section 106 is where we had our DC United season tix @ RFK.

To stay on topic I did "renew" my tix this year. Platinum parking too. I highly recommend it if you're coming from out of town like we are.

Edited by Section106

It was an AWESOME point...errr...except that nobody actually did it.

True 'nuff. Oh well-- no one took the bait (yet).

Either way, I'll continue to enjoy my season tickets and my slow march to midfield lower level. I love owning my own and building up seniority in the system. It's fun for me-- no disrespect to others, but I do know what it's worth to me and I renew because I do.

I also I own my car even though it's one of the few "investments" that is guaranteed to reduce in value over the course of ownership. Math says no, I say yes. I do it 'cause I do. And I'm happy.

Congrats again to Hoover-ball on joining the ranks. Good times!

Hey section106.......u r in 304? Those aren't ga tickets r they?

No, Club level. I signed on three years ago for the then offer of 50% off for Zone B. IIRC, Zone A was 40% off and Zone C was 60% off at that time. I have a 6 year contract with the standard 6% escalator. With the reserved parking the cost averages to $2,500 per ticket. Most folks on this board will tell you I'm a fool for signing the contract but I love the Club level and I'm paying much less than folks who are sitting in the corners. And when my contract is up I can let the tix go or renegotiate for a few more years.

Edited by Section106

Section106.....rg all....heck, it is your money, not up to me to tell you how to spend it. I have been approached many times concerning club level, but I didn't want to pay the price which was pretty much what you indicated. I pay $2500 for two tickets and parking. Heck, would love to take advantage of the cigar bar and Hooters!!

I had no clue about how pricey our tickets were....I was speaking with some season ticket holders for the Jax Jaguars...and they were paying under $1000 for two tickets and parking. Wow.

Section106.....rg all....heck, it is your money, not up to me to tell you how to spend it. I have been approached many times concerning club level, but I didn't want to pay the price which was pretty much what you indicated. I pay $2500 for two tickets and parking. Heck, would love to take advantage of the cigar bar and Hooters!!

I had no clue about how pricey our tickets were....I was speaking with some season ticket holders for the Jax Jaguars...and they were paying under $1000 for two tickets and parking. Wow.

Jacksonville is not a fair comparison at all. They cover 25% of the upper deck with tarps and still cannot sell out their stadium for most games. Absolutely no demand.

Team Marketing Report issues a report on all sports teams using a fan cost index. But in 2011, 9 teams had GA average ticket prices higher than the Redskins. Jacksonville has the lowest average ticket price in the entire league! And the Redskins were about 2 dollars above the average ticket price for the league. So it's really not bad compared to the other teams in the league considering the Redskins are in a high cost area.

Jacksonville is not a fair comparison at all. They cover 25% of the upper deck with tarps and still cannot sell out their stadium for most games. Absolutely no demand.

Team Marketing Report issues a report on all sports teams using a fan cost index. But in 2011, 9 teams had GA average ticket prices higher than the Redskins. Jacksonville has the lowest average ticket price in the entire league! And the Redskins were about 2 dollars above the average ticket price for the league. So it's really not bad compared to the other teams in the league considering the Redskins are in a high cost area.

Yeah, but let's face it, how many teams have seats that are OV for $29 each like we do? That's going to lower the average significantly.

Yeah, but let's face it, how many teams have seats that are OV for $29 each like we do? That's going to lower the average significantly.

Maybe...if they even count the OV seats correctly. After I wrote that, got to thinking about all the seats being removed over the past two seasons. Most of the seats were the cheapest seats in the stadium (except for the OV seats). That would force the average ticket cost up. TMR says they weight the ticket price by the number of seats. But I've caught their beer and hot dog prices as being too low. Since they don't share the actual weighting formula, I wonder how accurate their average ticket price is. Still, we have not had a ticket increase in six years and we don't pay no stinkin' personal seat licenses. So we are still better off than most of the big market teams.

While I still believe Redskins tickets are not that bad RELATIVE to other pro sports teams, I think all pro sports teams charge too much. But then it is what the market will bear; and I'm one of the guilty ones who buys season tickets every year.... :)

Edited by SonnyandSam

Today my mother informed that she heard a TO rep leaving a VM on my parents old time message recorder for the house phone they never answer. The rep was congratulating me on my ST eligibility.

'Why in the world would they be calling you here? She asked in bewilderment.

I have never given that number to the Skins so they must have somehow data mined for it. In fact, I was sure not to give my ph # when I put my name on the list a few years ago when I wanted to test the wait time.

While I still believe Redskins tickets are not that bad RELATIVE to other pro sports teams, I think all pro sports teams charge too much. But then it is what the market will bear; and I'm one of the guilty ones who buys season tickets every year.... :)

This is where I agree with you wholeheartedly. Redskins tickets with regards to pricing are a steal as compared to other sports teams in the area.

Unfortunately the tickets have a value from a resale perspective of next to nothing. That can be repaired with the team performing at a playoff caliber. The tickets will never be desired as they were at RFK during the championship years. That will never be duplicated.

So buy your tickets and be happy, but don't have season ticket elitist mentality. You will always be able to go to Redskins games cheaper as an outsider rather than a STH. But that's my opinion.

This is not about renewals but it is related to the redskins.com site. Today my virus protection blocked redskins.com because it was on their banned sites list. I've never had a problem with this before and I'll have to manually override my virus protection to access my account.

Anyone else having a problem with this and I wonder if it is something they added to their site when they were down for that day not too long ago?

This is not about renewals but it is related to the redskins.com site. Today my virus protection blocked redskins.com because it was on their banned sites list. I've never had a problem with this before and I'll have to manually override my virus protection to access my account.

Anyone else having a problem with this and I wonder if it is something they added to their site when they were down for that day not too long ago?

I'm having no issues; and I just tried again. Maybe your anti-virus programmer got :nutkick: by Danny?