Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I bought season tickets and have heard nothing about it. I think they were doing it for premium contracts though.

my buddy bought season tickets for $1400 (so they aren't premium) and he claims he's getting a free authentic RG3 jersey. Sounds like a load of crap to me, but he may just be misinformed

Well, with the pics on the Skins Blog, it appears "only" the top 12 rows were removed and about 6 seats were left in the last sections against the fence. So that is right around 10,000 seats, plus the straight on endzone removals below row 12, which appear to be down to row 6. Roughly in the 12,000 total seats removed range.

so is it true that the redskins are giving out authentic RG3 jersey's to people who bought season tickets?
I bought season tickets and have heard nothing about it. I think they were doing it for premium contracts though.
my buddy bought season tickets for $1400 (so they aren't premium) and he claims he's getting a free authentic RG3 jersey. Sounds like a load of crap to me, but he may just be misinformed

i specifically recall seeing the offer that new season ticket holders would get a jersey of whoever the 2nd round pick was, which obviously is now an RG3 jersey.

i do not recall it mentioning elite (there is no more authentic...) - i'd be really surprised if it was the elite, it's probably the regular one (i think they're called 'game' jerseys now) but i can't remember.

i can't find where i saw that but I do remember sending it to some friends, mostly as a joke (there's no way they'd get season tickets again)

Did anyone else get this email this afternoon? I've been a STH for only one year and was surprised to get offered an upgrade to the LL End Zone. It was an extra $440 for 2 seats so I went ahead and did it. Hopefully I didnt get bamboozled into some whack obstructed view seats in the 200 level.

Thank you for renewing your 2012 Washington Redskins season tickets. Great news! We have begun our annual Auto Upgrade Program for our General Admission season ticket holders.

Your account is eligible for an upgrade, including a move to the Lower Level; however, quantities are limited and assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in improving your seats, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office immediately at 301-276-6050 and provide us with your seat upgrade preferences.

If you have already indicated your relocation preference, no action is required on your part. We appreciate your prompt attention to this important matter.

Hail to the Redskins!!

Did anyone else get this email this afternoon? I've been a STH for only one year and was surprised to get offered an upgrade to the LL End Zone. It was an extra $440 for 2 seats so I went ahead and did it. Hopefully I didnt get bamboozled into some whack obstructed view seats in the 200 level.

Thank you for renewing your 2012 Washington Redskins season tickets. Great news! We have begun our annual Auto Upgrade Program for our General Admission season ticket holders.

Your account is eligible for an upgrade, including a move to the Lower Level; however, quantities are limited and assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. If you are interested in improving your seats, please contact the Redskins Ticket Office immediately at 301-276-6050 and provide us with your seat upgrade preferences.

If you have already indicated your relocation preference, no action is required on your part. We appreciate your prompt attention to this important matter.

Hail to the Redskins!!

There are no obstructed view seats in the LL end zone. Besides the obstructed view seats are not GA season tickets.

Hail to the Redskins!!

yes, it was part of the discussion for the last two pages or so. i got the same email and called as well.

ticket sales are quite a bit worse than I though if this email went to every upper level ticket holder...

Just spoke with a frend whose current seats are in section 423 facing the side of the end zone and end zone corner. He spoke to the TO and his secton was not removed. So no sideline seats have been removed it appears. Will be interesting to get pictures and reports from folks who attend the draft day party on Saturday.

I think that's accurate. Seemed a lot fewer on the ends, but still sky high along the sidelines. Still having a hard time visualizing what they're going to put there.

It was pretty much the RG3 show only last night. The big party is Sat.

There were probably 2-3,000 people on the club level for the first two picks last night, and the crowd disbursed shortly after. The vibe in the air was amazing. I stomped the SRO platforms as the crowd cheered with glee. The field lights were off so it was a little too dark for pics. The local news teams picked up the fan reaction inside on the club level concourse, but I wanted to be outside in the seats w/ the big crowd watching the jumbos.

That's probably about right if you include the folks inside, maybe a little high? Was a little lame. I came to see the trophies, but apparently in typical, "We didn't say when," Snyder sales fashion, that's only for today/Saturday. But yeah, the excitement for an absolutely known commodity in RG3 was insane.

Did the NFL Network show FedEx during the pick or a bar? I thought I saw Chief Zee on the 'tron, but not inside.

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 10:46 AM ----------

Pretty sure they learned their lesson on those. After all the (justified) complaining the first year (some classic Snyder Communications sales tactics then), you had to sign a form to get 'em saying you knew they stunk, and now I think they only sell the open ones on Tag-a-Seat day, right?

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 10:48 AM ----------

There are no obstructed view seats in the LL end zone. Besides the obstructed view seats are not GA season tickets.

The stuff in 213, 214, 230 & 229 is still OV isn't it? You can get pretty close to the scoreboard in the cave, iirc.

fedex_field_landover_ml.gif

Edited by worstSeat

ticket sales are quite a bit worse than I though if this email went to every upper level ticket holder...

It didn't go to every upper level ticket holder -- at least not yet. I've got seats in the front half of the sidelines and didn't get the e-mail. If I had to guess, they're only sending it to folks with lower price bracket seats in the upper deck. That way they can minimize the revenue impact of the additional seat removals. This assumption is based on the understanding that last season, anyone with a $44 seat from the upper end-zones was grandfathered at that price point in their new seats. The $44 seats seem to have now been completely eliminated from the stadium. So if they can get folks who were in the $44 seats to voluntarily upgrade, they get more revenue per seat without having to deal with putting them in a section that should be selling for more while keeping them at their old price.

Anyone in the lower sidelines in the upper deck get this e-mail?

Makes sense to me. Good logic there. I was one of the ones who lost their seats in the endzone last offseason, and was moved to a new section (422) at the 44$/seat price.

there's a couple different ways of looking at that.

first - they got me. i bit hard and am now paying significantly more to be in the lower level.

it's also a nice advantage of having your seats taken from you :)

sucks for the people who don't get into the lower level because we were leap frogged in front of them (probably) for the sole purpose of making more money per seat lol :)

Edited by tshile

It didn't go to every upper level ticket holder -- at least not yet. I've got seats in the front half of the sidelines and didn't get the e-mail.

I got it and I'm in Section 429, row 7.

Check out redskins.com and try to find the link to log into your season ticket account (under drop-down menu "tickets").

From what I can see, the option has disappeared. It's May 3 and quite probably the TO is working on upgrades/ overdue renewals?

Ticket Office seems to be on a very businesslike schedule this year, great to see. Upgrades were posted on June 20 last year, so it's still early, but things are apparently moving along.

Also, lots of new (?) links on home page to Facebook, fourquare, twitter, google+, and various boards including this one. Good stuff! I'm seeing lots of improvements this year.

Check out redskins.com and try to find the link to log into your season ticket account (under drop-down menu "tickets").

From what I can see, the option has disappeared. It's May 3 and quite probably the TO is working on upgrades/ overdue renewals?

Ticket Office seems to be on a very businesslike schedule this year, great to see. Upgrades were posted on June 20 last year, so it's still early, but things are apparently moving along.

Also, lots of new (?) links on home page to Facebook, fourquare, twitter, google+, and various boards including this one. Good stuff! I'm seeing lots of improvements this year.

They are working on upgrades. they told me on the phone it would be may and we should all know sometime in may, early june what our new assignments are.

I don't know anything about the link being gone, but you can still log into your account by going to redskins.com/myaccount

thats how i always log in so i wouldn't even notice the link being gone.

My seating assignment has disappeared from my invoice for 2012. The understanding that I have is that means upgrades in progress.

Edited by tshile

They are working on upgrades. they told me on the phone it would be may and we should all know sometime in may, early june what our new assignments are.

I don't know anything about the link being gone, but you can still log into your account by going to redskins.com/myaccount

thats how i always log in so i wouldn't even notice the link being gone.

My seating assignment has disappeared from my invoice for 2012. The understanding that I have is that means upgrades in progress.

Interesting.....Now that I have paid my final installment payment, I can now see my seats and parking on my invoice. This TicketMaster account software is quirky.

Got another email today saying I was eligible to move to the LL, this is the 2nd one I've received now.

I got it too. They said it's a first come first serve basis. I'd love to do it, but with a new baby girl, I don't have the cheddar this season. I'd love to get about 2 sections closer to mid field and then move down to the first 15 rows though. That'll due just fine for this fan for the rest of his life.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 02:49 PM ----------

Interesting.....Now that I have paid my final installment payment, I can now see my seats and parking on my invoice. This TicketMaster account software is quirky.

Are you upgrading at all SaS? Or do you get the same seats every year?

I can see parking, processing fee, and s&h.

i could see everything before I called to take them up on the offer to move to lower level.

i was the moved into a 'TBD' section according to the guy on the phone.

i think the bottom line is, as you stated, the software is quirky. my understanding is that the seats disappearing means the upgrade is going on. but... we're probably going to find out last week or may/first week of june where people in the lower level are. if i remember correctly they did the entire lower level last year, and then like a week later the upper level. but my memory isn't the greatest so i may be making that up :)

Finally SIZZLA3000 HAS COME BACK TO FED-EX FIELD!!!!! I'll be back in the house this year. WOO HOO. I couldn't afford it last year. Fortunately the ticket office came begging and offered me tickets near my old locataion. I cant wait to see RG3 HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!! and EFF DALLAS!!!

Are you upgrading at all SaS? Or do you get the same seats every year?

I try to upgrade each year. I'm in section 108 now. Was in section 109. And before that in section 424.

---------- Post added May-3rd-2012 at 07:07 PM ----------

I can see parking, processing fee, and s&h.

i could see everything before I called to take them up on the offer to move to lower level.

i was the moved into a 'TBD' section according to the guy on the phone.

i think the bottom line is, as you stated, the software is quirky. my understanding is that the seats disappearing means the upgrade is going on. but... we're probably going to find out last week or may/first week of june where people in the lower level are. if i remember correctly they did the entire lower level last year, and then like a week later the upper level. but my memory isn't the greatest so i may be making that up :)

Nope...you're right. They start with the LL then work their way up top. I think it was more like mid-June I found out last year but I could be wrong. I'd have to go look for my post about a year ago in this thread.

I'm moving down to LL end zone this year. I'm assuming they'll have me in one of the last rows since this is my first year in the LL. Anyone have LL end zone seats? What do you like/dislike about them?

One thing I'm happy about is not having to deal with walking up the ramp to the UL.

Finally SIZZLA3000 HAS COME BACK TO FED-EX FIELD!!!!! I'll be back in the house this year. WOO HOO. I couldn't afford it last year. Fortunately the ticket office came begging and offered me tickets near my old locataion. I cant wait to see RG3 HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!! and EFF DALLAS!!!

Congrats It's a good year to be back! Gamedays are too much fun.

I'm moving down to LL end zone this year. I'm assuming they'll have me in one of the last rows since this is my first year in the LL. Anyone have LL end zone seats? What do you like/dislike about them?

One thing I'm happy about is not having to deal with walking up the ramp to the UL.

Moving to the lower level was the best thing I ever did. More energy. Feel more part of the game atmosphere. Close to the action. Fast getaway after the game. The HD screens compensate a lot when action is on the other side of the 50 yard line. And when the Skins are coming at you the view can be awesome.

I started in row 14. Some have reported being moved as low as row 4. Some got moved to the 200 level that many of us believe are the best seats in the house. So you could go most anywhere.

It didn't go to every upper level ticket holder -- at least not yet. I've got seats in the front half of the sidelines and didn't get the e-mail. If I had to guess, they're only sending it to folks with lower price bracket seats in the upper deck. That way they can minimize the revenue impact of the additional seat removals. This assumption is based on the understanding that last season, anyone with a $44 seat from the upper end-zones was grandfathered at that price point in their new seats. The $44 seats seem to have now been completely eliminated from the stadium. So if they can get folks who were in the $44 seats to voluntarily upgrade, they get more revenue per seat without having to deal with putting them in a section that should be selling for more while keeping them at their old price.

We're in section 431, row 2, and didn't get the e-mail. I'm pretty sure that's because we love our seats and opted out of the upgrade option.

We have the aisle seats. The first 4 rows in the uppers are next to the tunnels, so there is none of that annoying foot traffic going up and down the center aisle to contend with. We have seats 3 & 4, (they removed seats 1 & 2), so I have room to stretch out and even stand up. We attend the occasional game as guests as friends of ours, (in section 242), so that's enough lower-level experience for us.

We moved to the LL 3 years ago (6 seats) and we got row 12 (end zone) so don't be surprised if you get decent seats. First year we didn't have the new video boards so didn't care for the seats that much. Now that the new screens are in, I love our location and have opted not to be upgraded last 2 years.

Edited by romank