Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I have one more payment to make on mine. I didnt change because I love where I sit (I'm in section 443 row 5 -two end seats at the aisle with only row 4 in front....we're the seats wheresay rows 10-29 were removed for standing room) in the endzone). I really hope mine are not part of the new 4000 seats removed!!! I literally go up the 4/5stairs from the common area and my seats are right there. Full field view and dont have ot worry about folks filing up to row 29 anymore. Really cuts down the drunken population as well. Man I seriously hope they dont touch my area any more!!!

quick question for all of you guys in row 1-4 in the uppers.

I'm assuming on the Redskins side that the glass doesn't get in your way with the sun reflections. My brother and I are looking to upgrade down there from where we are, but not until next year. Was it a long wait to get down there or could you just say, "Hey, I want to be in the first four rows," and they took care of you?

+1, I find it hard to believe it doesn't benefit them to have it done online. Just looks tacky.

I mean it is what it is... But you would think that they wouldnt hit you with that... Last year they didnt... its something new for this year

Has anyones seats dissapeared yet from their invoice?

i wouldn't expect to see upgrade evidence until may at the earliest. I forget how early we saw it last year, might need to go back and look...

they're giving people who 'forgot', or just decided late, a chance to renew their tickets first. they're going to wait until we draft our QB at #2, because (dumb or not) there will be people who renew their tickets depending on that.

The upper deck sucks.

It can take literally 45 minutes to get from your car in Green parking to your seat. ANd it can take forever to get out too. I've seen the escalator from the top look like the fall of Saigon at the US Embassy and Black Friday at Target all in one. Plus that ridiculous stadium is huge and you are so far away from the action it's stupifying.

LL end zone craps all over any upper deck seat in my opinion. But hey whatever floats yer boats.

the upper deck vs LL endzone debate is one that is subjective. personally - i like the view of the field better from the UL sideline more than LL endzone. but i like the less walking part of the LL endzone, and the 'energy' is better simply because it feels louder. i haven't been in the LL with the new TV's, but before we got the new TV's it sucked when the ball was on the other side of the field - a problem you don't have in the upper levels, even in the endzone where i spent 4 years.

So I went back, June 1st was the first reports of upgrades taking place. Shortly after that post you see people reporting their new tickets showing up in their invoice online for the lower level:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?344991-Season-Ticket-Renewals&p=8324693&viewfull=1#post8324693

so yeah, we got a few more months to go. I'd be shocked if they ran it any earlier this year, but i suppose it's possible if the rush to renew due to drafting RG3 or Luck is big enough.

So I signed up for the waiting list for some GA season tickets the other week. Just the other night, the Skins called me offering me 2 premium tickets. It was a little late at night, and I was shocked. I ended up passing on them, as I figured the GA seats would be a better deal. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision, and just wanted to get some opinions.

So I signed up for the waiting list for some GA season tickets the other week. Just the other night, the Skins called me offering me 2 premium tickets. It was a little late at night, and I was shocked. I ended up passing on them, as I figured the GA seats would be a better deal. I'm starting to wonder if I made the right decision, and just wanted to get some opinions.

Well, you got what everyone gets every year - whether they are on the season ticket waiting list, or already have season tickets.

Thats the 'Hey, buy these premium (club) seats for x years, and we'll give you seats in y section aftewards'

As far as I'm aware, they actually hold up their end of the deal - you will get what they promised.

However, it's not the only way to get seats. And it's a contract - you're committing to the entire thing. You can't just bail after one season, they'll go after you in court (as they should, it's a contract you signed.). It's not the same as GA tickets which are year to year.

It's their way of selling club seats. You certainly don't have to do it, and in my opinion (unless you have cash to burn) you're better off snagging tickets on craigslist/ebay until you come up for GA tickets. There are quite a few people here that would argue you're better off doing that instead of GA tickets in general :)

They offered to put me in on the LL sideline if I bought 3 years of club tickets (6k a year) first. Thats 18k to move to the lower level side line. I'm not paying 18k to move to the lower level sideline. I'll wait my turn through auto upgrades like everyone else.

Edited by tshile

You definitely made the right decision. Premium seats have and always will be available for purchase at any time. If you really wanted some GA seats, you could probably get an agreement made to do a year in premium seats and then a transfer to GA seats after that.

how much are people paying for 2 upper level tickets with green parking pass a year?

Upper level endzone and upper level sideline rows 16+ are 64$/seat/game. upper level sideline rows 1-15 are 79$/seat/game. remember to include the 2 preseason games in your calculation.

Green parking is the same for everyone - $350 a year

+ 3$ online transaction fee + 25$ shipping and handling fee + 10% pg county amusement tax.

Edited by tshile

Upper level endzone and upper level sideline rows 16+ are 64$/seat/game. I think upper level sideline rows 1-15 are 79$/seat/game.

Green parking is the same for everyone - $350 a year

+ 3$ online transaction fee + 25$ shipping and handling fee.

So there are 8 home games plus you still are required to buy 2 pre-season games right?

You absolutely made the right decision. You can buy "premium tickets" literally whenever you want. They have never been sold out, and they likely never will be sold out. If you change your mind in 2 days, call the Skins and they'll happily sell you club seats. No need to be pressured into that.

And how late at night was that call?

Edited by Crazy Levi

well, i mean you can use the calculator and come up with the same numbers i do. it depends on how many seats you want, in what section, and how many parking passes (if you get one).

its 704 a seat, with tax, for the cheaper seats and 869 a seat for the better seats.

that doesn't include parking or the shipping and handling fee, or the tax associated with either being added to the cost.

I mean it is what it is... But you would think that they wouldnt hit you with that... Last year they didnt... its something new for this year

Yes, there was a $3 internet service charge for online processing of the 3 month payment plan. $1 was charged for each payment.

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 12:36 PM ----------

So I went back, June 1st was the first reports of upgrades taking place. Shortly after that post you see people reporting their new tickets showing up in their invoice online for the lower level:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?344991-Season-Ticket-Renewals&p=8324693&viewfull=1#post8324693

so yeah, we got a few more months to go. I'd be shocked if they ran it any earlier this year, but i suppose it's possible if the rush to renew due to drafting RG3 or Luck is big enough.

Just checked my online account and my seats and parking cannot be found anywhere.....hmmmm

I agree with you. I don't see upgrades starting until early June. They already have to move up to tickets with the recent announcement of removing more seats. That will keep the TO busy, too.

Just checked my online account and my seats and parking cannot be found anywhere.....hmmmm

I agree with you. I don't see upgrades starting until early June. They already have to move up to tickets with the recent announcement of removing more seats. That will keep the TO busy, too.

Did they remove your invoice? That is where I can see my seats and parking. Go to Account Settings->View/Pay Invoices->2012 Invoice.

Yes, there was a $3 internet service charge for online processing of the 3 month payment plan. $1 was charged for each payment.

---------- Post added April-4th-2012 at 12:36 PM ----------

so if you split your payment in 3 the total fee stays the same, 1$ is applied to each payment? thats interesting. I paid $3 and paid in full. Doesn't really matter, but you'd think if it was a transaction fee it'd be x per transaction. doesn't really matter though.

as for your seats being gone, are you going to account management -> view invoices, and seeing what it says for your 2012 invoice? thats how you check. The whole log in and don't see anything on the main screen thing is normal.

It'd be nice if they just ran it now, let us all know, and let people who pay late deal with whatever is left, but they wont. They promise every year that they're going to stop letting late payers slide, or at the very least stop rewarding them, but it never happens.

Hell, last year I didn't renew when I found out about my seats being removed and not getting any answers from the ticket office. paid 2 months late and got green parking (yeah, you know the lots they say are full and you have to wait years for while you sit in grey?) as a bonus - i didn't even have parking at any point in time before.

oh well.

Hell, last year I didn't renew when I found out about my seats being removed and not getting any answers from the ticket office. paid 2 months late and got green parking (yeah, you know the lots they say are full and you have to wait years for while you sit in grey?) as a bonus - i didn't even have parking at any point in time before.

oh well.

You really know how to break a man down, tshile.

I'm going to bed.

;)

You guys think if I sign up for new upper level season tickets I'll get stuck in the upper level endzone? It's kind of a pain that you can't see which section you'll be in before you pay. Been going to 2-3 games a year and want to make the leap to season tickets, but not trying to sit in the end zone!

Did they remove your invoice? That is where I can see my seats and parking. Go to Account Settings->View/Pay Invoices->2012 Invoice.

I see the invoice with the amount billed, my two partial payments and one payment on May 1 to go. But no listing of my seats or parking pass. The seats and parking show on my 2011 invoice. I've been through this for ten years...I know what to look for. (sorry...that may come off as sarcastic....I just want to say I know what it is supposed to look like and where to find it...that's all)

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 06:51 PM ----------

You guys think if I sign up for new upper level season tickets I'll get stuck in the upper level endzone? It's kind of a pain that you can't see which section you'll be in before you pay. Been going to 2-3 games a year and want to make the leap to season tickets, but not trying to sit in the end zone!

First, if you have not signed up for the season ticket wait list, don't expect to get offered GA seats this year. They will offer you club/premium seats because those are readily available. But GA seats are relatively limited each year....note I said relative folks.

Second, there are a lot fewer upper level end zone seats left any more. Odds are you may not be offered them at all. In any case, when the TO does call you, they will offer you the section number, row and seats. Feel free to ask for something else. If you want 50 yard line seats, ask. You want home side, ask them. You want below row 15, ask for them. Worse that can happen is they say they have none left. The TO will offer the closest to your preferences. Unless you are one of the very last on the list to be asked, you will have a nice selection to choose from. However, plan on nosebleed level above row 25 if you want sideline seats.

Finally, IF you don't like any of the options because you are one of the last to be called. You can decline and ask to be kept on the wait list for the following season when you will likely have a better selection of tickets to choose from.

---------- Post added April-5th-2012 at 07:06 PM ----------

so if you split your payment in 3 the total fee stays the same, 1$ is applied to each payment? thats interesting. I paid $3 and paid in full. Doesn't really matter, but you'd think if it was a transaction fee it'd be x per transaction. doesn't really matter though.

as for your seats being gone, are you going to account management -> view invoices, and seeing what it says for your 2012 invoice? thats how you check. The whole log in and don't see anything on the main screen thing is normal.

It'd be nice if they just ran it now, let us all know, and let people who pay late deal with whatever is left, but they wont. They promise every year that they're going to stop letting late payers slide, or at the very least stop rewarding them, but it never happens.

oh well.

The $3 fee is for the cost of Ticketmaster to run the season ticket online account. It does cost money to provide that service...programmers...servers....software....customer service.....IT support.... I'm always amazed how people think the internet is free. Did your computer come free? Is your internet connection from your ISP free? You really think Danny is going to foot the bill for the cost and reduce his revenue?

The Redskins cannot just run the upgrade software now. They have to wait until everyone is give an opportunity to renew their tickets. Even once the deadline passes, the TO will call those people to encourage them to renew/verify they no longer want their seats. That takes time. It is also good business sense. Some people can be talked into renewing. Some by persuasion; some by bribe. The bribe can vary from year to year. Last year, based on reporting here on the board, there were a lot fewer late payers who got a "deal" to renew. A lot of folks wrote that they tried to weasel a deal after the deadline and they got nothing offered.

But to tell people that paying late will still get you an upgrade is very misleading. Those of us who pay on time are at the front of the line for the best upgrades. People who pay late are put at the end of the line. They may or may not get an upgrade depending on what is left. I see nothing wrong giving a late payer an upgrade if it is available as long as they have to choose from the left over seats AFTER those of us who paid on time get upgraded first. That has been the way it has worked for the past two seasons since they changed their policy.

Your green parking pass reward was likely because the TO knew they had forced a lot of people out of their seats and they were trying to compensate you and others for your inconvenience. Many were forced into more expensive seats but allowed to pay the old cheaper seat price. I think folks affected by the removal of seats were dealt with differently than the normal upgrade process because of the unusual circumstances.

See my other reply for my answer to the invoice. Been at this for ten years now...know the online invoice system well.

I agree with SonnyandSam on all of the above. Been watching my invoices every year since they went online-- over ten years I think. This year the invoices / seat numbers are presented differently.

However, something, insignificant or significant, seems to be different every year. There's always a new part of the system.

I wouldn't pay a bit of attention to the invoices for clues to seat upgrades for six to eight weeks yet, at least.

Patience, people, patience. My tix have moved from the top (really, in truly, the very top-- I could see my car in the parking lot if I turned around during the game) of the upper deck to good lower-level goal-line sideline seats ever so gradually over the years. It does happen. Eventually.

Edited by Cameron

I have had 2 season tickets for past 3 sorry seasons. First two years we were in 425 area...and grey parking. This past season i called a couple of times to request lower level ga seats and home side of stadium. Don't know if that was a key but i ended up with seats in 200 lvl near visitors tunnel. Look forward to seeing the upgrade this season.

So how does one try to upgrade parking? Guess i thought that by being ga ticket holder that i was doomed to grey lot. Also how does one get field passes? I was given a pair of passes to the vikings game last dec by someone my wife and i met at the hotel we stay at in tysons corner.....random act of kindness. But would be great to have an option to get passes for future games....