Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Another email blast today for the VT and WVA games this fall. Not much national interest for these match ups outside of the mid Atlantic states. Tix should be easy by game week.

Surprised the TO isn't using these games as free incentive for STHs to renew on time, especially the WVA/JMU game.

I think the Redskins got burned last year by the criticism by many fans that they did not get their first choice when they signed up last year. They can only give away so many "free" tickets. If you give them away to every STH, it leaves few tickets for revenue for the game. Besides, most STHs renew year to year despite the small number of loud fans on here who say they will not renew. Personally, I see no valid business reason to offer an incentive to current STHs. Maybe later in the renewal process, Skins offer an incentive for those who did not renew on time; but not now.

My wife finally got her email and letter over the past two weeks for GA season tickets. I think I signed her up about 5 years ago for a free something or other. She won't be buying season tickets. Hard enough to afford the two I have now.

Another email blast today for the VT and WVA games this fall. Not much national interest for these match ups outside of the mid Atlantic states. Tix should be easy by game week.

Surprised the TO isn't using these games as free incentive for STHs to renew on time, especially the WVA/JMU game.

>> Last year they dangled a few events as bait for people to renew well before the regular deadline. Mind you, this was at a time when the labor issue was still unresolved and the team was (secretly) ripping out seats from the endzone. Anyways, I can't see that happening this year.

An interesting detail to add in about the season ticket list, My friend signed up 3 years ago and was offered season tickets this year, My mom signed up last year just to receive marketing offers from the team and was also offered season tickets this year upper deck in the corner sections......

I have always shared season tickets but it was never under my name. This year I think I'm going to get my own account. I mainly want to do this so I can start to work my way up every year until I'm at or around where I usually sit now. Does anyone have any advice to share with me? Is this a good reason to buy tickets or should I just save myself the time and money and stick with the good deal I have now?

Right now I have access to section 135 row 6, 2 seats. I love the seats and the season ticket holder lets me pick and choose what games I want to go to, with exceptions for games that they might want to attend. BTW, can seats that low be transferred to someone or do they go back into circulation once that season ticket holder no longer wants them?

Thanks for the help!

I have always shared season tickets but it was never under my name. This year I think I'm going to get my own account. I mainly want to do this so I can start to work my way up every year until I'm at or around where I usually sit now. Does anyone have any advice to share with me? Is this a good reason to buy tickets or should I just save myself the time and money and stick with the good deal I have now?

Right now I have access to section 135 row 6, 2 seats. I love the seats and the season ticket holder lets me pick and choose what games I want to go to, with exceptions for games that they might want to attend. BTW, can seats that low be transferred to someone or do they go back into circulation once that season ticket holder no longer wants them?

Thanks for the help!

Season tickets can only be transferred between immediate family members; like father to son.

There are two schools of thought on this board about buying season tickets. Many believe that good seats will always be available at face value or less on the internet. Instead of buying tickets for all ten games including two worthless pre season games at full price, you can choose which games you want and how much you want to pay. If you only ever plan to go to a subset of home games then this is probably the best way to go.

Owning season tickets means you have the "cachet" of saying you are a season ticket holder; you know you have tickets for sure to every game; you do not have to go through the hassle of searching the internet/craigs list/friends to find tickets and parking passes for each game; you get to know other season ticket holders in your area; and you are guaranteed your seats for any home playoff games (whatever they are...)

If money is tight or means a lot to you, the first option is probably best. If you are a die hard fan committed to being part of the Redskins family and money is not a big deal in your budget, then season tickets may be the way to go.

I suppose there is also a third school of thought that watching the game on your own large screen HDTV in your home is better than watching in person. I think this is total bull****...but that's just my opinion.

I shared season tickets for a couple of years before getting an account in my own name. This will be my 4th year officially as a season ticket holder (6 if you count the other 2). If you renew early each year and ask to be upgraded without paying more you will likely move down a row or two each season until you hit the cutoff point where you have to pay more. I was in row 27 of 28 in the upper deck in 2009. Nose bleed central. In 2010 I was in row 21. Last year was in row 19 (which is a major difference from 27). Hoping to get to row 16 or 17 this upcoming season.

I mainly have an account for playoff games. I want the guaranteed option to purchase tickets at face if we ever become a contender again. Also, it was nice last season getting free tickets to the Man U/FC Barcelona game.

Coming from Richmond I don't make it to that many games due to the drive. I usually go to 2-3 of the less desirable games (Rams, Cards, etc.) and sell off the more desirable games like Cowboys to maximize my resale value. It works out for me that way.

Coming from Richmond I don't make it to that many games due to the drive. I usually go to 2-3 of the less desirable games (Rams, Cards, etc.) and sell off the more desirable games like Cowboys to maximize my resale value. It works out for me that way.

Are you having a difficult time selling those games in recent years? I would probably do something similar to this and go to the more desireable games in my shared seats in section 135. Thanks to you both for all of your input, I want to make my decision on Monday and hopefully rows 1-15 are still open, as advertized, because they don't sound too bad at all.

Are you having a difficult time selling those games in recent years? I would probably do something similar to this and go to the more desireable games in my shared seats in section 135. Thanks to you both for all of your input, I want to make my decision on Monday and hopefully rows 1-15 are still open, as advertized, because they don't sound too bad at all.

Beware that you will likely need to put down a $50 nonrefundable processing fee per seat just to find out where the seats would be. This is what happened to my brother a couple of years ago and he ended up declining the offer.

Beware that you will likely need to put down a $50 nonrefundable processing fee per seat just to find out where the seats would be. This is what happened to my brother a couple of years ago and he ended up declining the offer.

Thanks for the tip! I could use all the advice I can get. I want to make sure I'm running that phone conversation on Monday haha.

If you got the credit, you can use some credit card deals to pad the cost. My wife and I have pentagon federal cu cards that are switching to a rewards card. Switch was made this week. Spend $1000 get $250 visa gift card. So, 2100 bill. 1050 on one card, 1050 on the other, and then we get $500 visa prepaid gift card. Chase has some good cc sign up deals (get $500 cash back when you spend 2500,etc)

Edit: oh yeah, be sure you have the funds to pay off the card. I never carry a balance, neither should you

Edited by Joe_328

Yes - but once you pay it, you don't have to pay it again. In other words, if you decline the offer, you can repeat the whole process in subsequent years and you won't have to pay the fee again. Your account will show the fee has been paid. And yes, you'll find you have an account for several years, even if you're not a current customer. :)

Yes - but once you pay it, you don't have to pay it again. In other words, if you decline the offer, you can repeat the whole process in subsequent years and you won't have to pay the fee again. Your account will show the fee has been paid. And yes, you'll find you have an account for several years, even if you're not a current customer. :)

I did this a few years ago and it worked out well. After I paid the $50 deposit, the offered seat location was corner end zone, top row. I decided to eat the $50 and not buy the seats. TO repeatedly called me back -- I eventually landed in section 427, row 13 (midfield) as a first year season ticket holder.

I was on the waiting list 7 years before they called my name but this was back during the good ol times so it took longer. We never did the UL though because they convinced me into doing the club level a couple of years and then moving to LL after that. We've been LL now for several years and love it.

To own or not to own though depends on the individual.

If the team ever gets good then it will be tougher to get good tickets. Nose bleed will be available but I'm getting too old to drag my fat arse all the way up there plus I like the quick exit from the LL. My boys are diehards too so I'll leave mine to them when I'm done with them.

Alright so today's the day!

$1,963.00 for two tickets UL sideline rows 1-15. I also get VT Hokies tickets as well, however I heard some fans got screwed with the whole event ticket giveaway last year.

If there's a year where I can afford to do this, it would be this one. I just hope that I'll be able to sell some of these as well, with the knowledge that I'm definitely eating the preseason tickets because I'll still be living in Louisiana at that time.

I'm so nervous! I love the Redskins but at the same time having seats that far up at FedEx Field with a poor product on the field seems daunting to me. Anyone want to try and talk me out of it? Lol

I'm so nervous! I love the Redskins but at the same time having seats that far up at FedEx Field with a poor product on the field seems daunting to me. Anyone want to try and talk me out of it? Lol

Boston,

you've bought parking passes from me at face value so you know I'm a reliable member here. PM me about the games you wish to attend next year and I can almost guarantee I'll find you better deals per game (proportionately) than what you're about to pay the team for 400 level STs.

If you contact me in August I'll help you find STs anywhere in the upper level at face, just the 8 regular season games, no preseason. I can usually find lower level endzone STs as well. And as far as those free VT tix the TO is promising you, don't be baited by that junk. Those tix will be widely available game week, prices and seat locations are sure to be better than what the team is offering you in February.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Alright so today's the day!

$1,963.00 for two tickets UL sideline rows 1-15. I also get VT Hokies tickets as well, however I heard some fans got screwed with the whole event ticket giveaway last year.

If there's a year where I can afford to do this, it would be this one. I just hope that I'll be able to sell some of these as well, with the knowledge that I'm definitely eating the preseason tickets because I'll still be living in Louisiana at that time.

As long as you accept that you might lose some money for the next couple seasons, go for it. You will be able to resell 400 level seats for NFC East games and maybe other primo opponents, but don't count on making much profit (if any). I couldn't go to the Dallas game this year, and I posted my tickets (Section 446 Row 1, with a green parking pass) for sale about a week before the game. I got like 3 inquiries from people and sold them at face value. If you can't go to every game and you're looking to tread water financially, you'll probably have to sell the good games and go to the lousy games, which sorta defeats the purpose of having season tickets, IMO. Try to sell your tickets as early as possible to get the bets return.

You can donate your preseason tickets to charity (MostValuableKids is a good one) and get a tax write off worth about $20 - $40, depending on your bracket. This doesn't recoup your costs, but it's better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for the record.....Skins ticket office called my wife about whether she wanted season tickets. She had already gotten three emails over the last 2-3 weeks telling her she was at the top of the list and should call the ticket office. I told the agent that my wife was not interested. I had signed her up about 4-5 years ago for a free electronic press guide or some kind of give away....I forget now. She asked if my wife wanted to be removed from the wait list and I said yes.

The TO did the same for my son who rose to the top of the wait list three years ago. They took his name off and I have not gotten an email or phone call about buying seasont tickets under his name. So it seems they are trying to pare away at the list so they only have those who are interested in being contacted.

I currently have two tickets in section 108.

Just renewed my tickets, I selected move me down in my section for no price change (currently midfield but row 15) did I select the correct option.

Renewal Invoice Details

Do NOT move my seats for the 2012 season. N/A

Automatically Upgrade my Upper Level Seats - No Price Change.

Please select one from the drop down menu if you would like to upgrade your Upper Level Seats with no price change.

Move down within my section

Automatically Upgrade my Upper Level Seats - Price Increase

Please select "Move to LL Endzone" if you are currently in Rows 1-15 in the Upper Level and are willing to accept a price increase to move to the Lower Level Endzone.

Please select "Move me down to Rows 1-15" if you are currently in Rows 16-29 in the Upper Level and are willing to accept a price increase to upgrade your seats and remain in the Upper Level

N/A

Upgrade my seats only if my new location is on an aisle.

No

If you are interested in additional Upper Level tickets, please check this box.

No

Automatically Upgrade my Lower Level Seats (Does not apply to GA Seating in Sections 213-230, Rows 14-23)

N/A

If you are interested in Club Level season tickets, please check this box.

No

Paid the invoice in full about a week ago. I'm in section 402 row 18 and asked to be upgraded to rows 1-15. I paid $1400 for 2 seats.

It will stay in the same section, right? how much more should this run me?

Your tickets would go up to $87 per seat per game, so $1740 for the season or an increase of $340 for the season.

>> The 3 choices should be: Yes, No, LOL, you got to be kidding me, because I know I can do much better on the aftermarket.

If you are interested in Club Level season tickets, please check this box.

Guys,

I have 8 tickets (and parking passes) in the 3rd row (all together) that I'm trying to offload for one season at cost.

If anyone is interested in them, I'd love to put them in the hands of a redskins fan.

Let me know if anyone wants all of them or a subset.

thanks.

Guys,

I have 8 tickets (and parking passes) in the 3rd row (all together) that I'm trying to offload for one season at cost.

If anyone is interested in them, I'd love to put them in the hands of a redskins fan.

Let me know if anyone wants all of them or a subset.

thanks.

Might help if you tell folks what section your seats are in. Also, this belongs in the classifieds section....not here.