Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Earlier this summer they told me $2400 per seat for 327 (compared to their $4100 "going rate"), and if you bought parking and added taxes it was going to be almost $6K for two seats, which was about what they wanted me to pay to renew my contract back in '09 (I didn't). Wasn't interested enough to ask about any further discounts for multi-year contracts.

You think they'd go as low as $2000 for multi-year clubs near the 50?  I guess the Skins are saying the "going rate" for those is over $6000 per seat/season. Man, I remember talking to a dude before the Jacksonville game last year and he said he was paying somewhere close to $400 per game for the 50, and then I come home and read that the Skins were giving away club seats to upper level patrons :o

They called me yesterday... Two tickets 3,600 no preseason games and orange parking about 1,300 more than my upper level tickets. One year deal. If I liked the seats we would talk about a contract. It is just really hard to spend that much on tickets. The rep did say he could do a payment plan for the rest of the year 196 a month.

They called me yesterday... Two tickets 3,600 no preseason games and orange parking about 1,300 more than my upper level tickets. One year deal. If I liked the seats we would talk about a contract. It is just really hard to spend that much on tickets. The rep did say he could do a payment plan for the rest of the year 196 a month.

Not to say I wouldn't consider it, but if they offered a 12 month payment plan I'd almost consider trying the club seats for a year.   That is the one thing that annoys me.  The redskins do a 3 month plan, (or 4 month starting this year) but its still a lot of money.  I have upper levels and paying $460 or whatever for 4 months is a lot of extra cash.   I also have season Caps tickets and they let you pay over the course of the whole year (no interest) so while my total bill is about $3600, I'm only paying around $230 a month.

Hummm, one year, 8 games, no preseason, and NSA. Very interesting. The seats they offer will probably be behind the endzone, but I'd get the agents name, and call him/her back after preseason, but before the opener. I'd then see if I could get zone A, home side.

Edited by RFKFedEx

Hummm, one year, 8 games, no preseason, and NSA. Very interesting. The seats they offer will probably be behind the endzone, but I'd get the agents name, and call him/her back after preseason, but before the opener. I'd then see if I could get zone A, home side.

Even in the end zone that deal is pretty good.  If it were the Caps, Nats or Wiz it would be a no brainer.  Sad the Skins have been so bad they can't sell seats at that price.

Yeah it is very tempting. I do wish they would offer 12 month payment plan like the Caps. I think the Nats have something has well. This rep has been calling me twice a year for a few years and every year the price gets better. It was funny, he said give me a price that would get you into clubs. I said what I am paying he laughed, and I said I was serious, told hi. I sat in the clubs all last year for that price. He asked how I did that, told him about the relocation passes. That is when he gave me that offer. I am tempted to call back and say 3,000 plus my wife wants padded seats, and field passes to the Eagles game(my Birthday is that day). see what he has to say

Mention the game week prices on Stubhub. I'll bet you could go the entire season for les$ than the TO's single season offer. The inflated price you'll pay for the Dallas game will be offset by the other games that tend to hit rock bottom by Wednesdays before the contest. And forgettabout the practice games in August.

I find it interesting how when reducing seats in the stadium they decided to leave obstructed view seats, and instead remove other seats.

Obstructed/cheap seats sell.  How is that interesting.  People don't want to pay to see the team play.

I find it interesting how when reducing seats in the stadium they decided to leave obstructed view seats, and instead remove other seats.

Those seats sell out because they are much cheaper...and in fact many are quite good in the first five rows or so. The seats being removed from the upper level go unsold. So which seats would you remove? The ones you cannot sell season tickets for or the ones you can. Pretty easy business decision IMO.

Obstructed/cheap seats sell.  How is that interesting.  People don't want to pay to see the team play.

The way the team's been playing, obstructed view is a selling point.

Edited by techboy
  • Like 4

I haven't heard anything about my tickets. Did you get an email?

Yes, I did. But Chip got an email 2 days before me. So the emails may be going out as the tickets get shipped. Patience. They will arrive soon. ;)

My tickets are now at my local FedEx hub. But they are not scheduled for delivery until Tuesday.

Edited by SonnyandSam

interesting that the instructions when i punch in the tracking number on fedex say no signature required.

the email from the team also lacks any indication a signature is required.

that would be a first, i believe? though my old fedex delivery guy used to just leave it without a signature even though it required one. new person has been requiring it for the last two years :\

Edited by tshile

If FedEx is not requiring a signature any longer, I would not worry because:

1.  They can turn off the barcodes and reissue the tickets (parking passes would be a pain though)

2.  These are Redskins tickets.....is anybody dumb enough these days to risk getting arrested for stealing Redskins tickets?  Heck, there are plenty of games where people don't even show up for the games.    :) 

My wife went back to work this year so nobody is home during the day any more to receive our tickets.  I'm unreasonably nervous about this.

My internet notice from FedEx says no signature required. So there should be no issue, unless the delivery guy is concerned about theft. Usually, if theft is a concern, e.g. row houses in an urban area with no place to hide the package out of sight, the FedEx and UPS guys have the authority to leave at a neighbor's house or leave a note that they will retry delivery the next day, or you can pick it up at the local office.

At this point, stealing sports tickets is an incredibly stupid pursuit.  All it takes is one call to the ticket office and they can deactivate the bar codes and issue you new tickets, rendering the stolen tickets worthless.  The only loser is the poor sap who buys one of them for cash outside of FedEx Field.