Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

To host a super bowl you have to be able to seat at least 72k fans, I believe. I know it's in the 70's, it might be over 75 but I don't think so...

So you need to come up with another 15k seats.

BTW Fedex is at 78k right now. So... new stadium is going to be roughly the same capacity as what we have now. Just hopefully designed better....

Though I guess I don't care, new stadium will require PSLs and there's zero chance I'm doing that anyways so...

To me, a new stadium should seat ~60-65k. It should be designed to allow more seats to be squeezed into certain areas of the stadium to bump it up to the amount needed to host a SB (similar to what DAL has done with their seating). The problem for Snyder will be if he decides to charge STH license fees (PSLs) for the seats. That will push away a lot of STH.  

I'm a former STH. Gave them up during Zorn's reign of terror & haven't looked back. 

• Like 1

For the Rams game, Stubhub lists a pair at $80 per seat for section 201, which are the best seats in the entire stadium imo. For just a little more $, you can have a pair at $100 per seat in club section 342, the second best seats in the building imo. 

We keep reaching new lows for secondary market prices each season. Tickets today are worth almost exactly what they were 20 years ago in RFK. Forget cost or face value, I'm referring to market worth. 

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets-washington-redskins-landover-fedexfield-9-20-2015/event/9298615/

I did that last season. It's a lot of fun. Your kids will love it.

I have 14000 yards and it costs 8000...and I have 3 kids. So I will either do this for one kid this season and the other two next season or wait to do all 3 next season.

What about the one where you get to be in the tunnel? Anyone done that? I always like to make fun of Dallas for having that so not sure about that one. But it's cheaper.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So what are the chances of next year season tickets going up now that they won the Division.....

My thinking is next year they wont rise because of the problem of selling them this year. I think after next year if we make the playoffs again they will rise.

My thinking is next year they wont rise because of the problem of selling them this year. I think after next year if we make the playoffs again they will rise.

This is my thought as well. I think it would be pretty ballsy to raise them after another division championship in a week division followed by another home playoff loss. After the next time in the playoffs I'd expect to see another as well.

• 5 weeks later...