Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

This is awesome, in my opinion. Before

Preseason is now 9.7% of my ticket cost. If I can't resell them I'm not out nearly as much as before. And I think I'll be able to resell them for ~60 more often than not. If I can sell them for 30 then I'll only be out 5% of the total cost. Not to mention, the regular season tickets I sell, will give me more money.

Out of curiosity, how is having a higher value, for regular season tickets going to help? If people aren't willing to pay face for $119.00 tickets, why would they pay $136.00?

Not being a dick, it's a serious question.

I'm honestly curious because we have similiar seats, (we're in 236) I've only ever sold one regular season game, (due to circumstances beyond my control), otherwise, I've never sold a regular season game.

You, and I, have great seats, so I'm guessing, (without perusing a bunch of threads), that you get face, for regular season games?

Thanks!

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Out of curiosity, how is having the regular season price of the tickets going to help? If people aren't willing to pay face for $119.00 tickets, why would they pay $136.00?

I'm honestly curious because we have similiar seats, (we're in 236) I've only ever sold one regular season game, (due to circumstances beyond my control), otherwise, I've never sold a regular season game.

You, and I, have great seats, so I'm guessing, (without perusing a bunch of threads), that you get face, for regular season games?

Thanks!

I don't see how it'd be different (if you're selling to the highest bidder in all cases)

If you're selling them to someone you know "At face" or another STH where the unspoken rule is face, it's like a free bump in price. But that might make it harder to get a buyer from those channels right?

Edited by turtle2328

Same here, but it may be different for STH's with desirable seats. ie anything in the 200's, under cover, on the Skins side

How? If you didn't care about the number on the ticket before, why would it matter if that number changes?

You'd be more inclined to give it to charity now. The tax write off would be bigger.

Not that it matters, but do you know his section? (or tshile - what's your section?)

>> I am glad to see this as I often have friends come with me, but they have to pay me for their own ticket. Also, if there is a game you are going to miss, you can sell at face value w/o looking like you are gouging people when in reality, you are just trying to recoup your preseason losses.

If these % are across the board, then this is very close to what I projected on page 83.

Edited by MarkB452

>> I am glad to see this as I often have friends come with me, but they have to pay me for their own ticket. Also, if there is a game you are going to miss, you can sell at face value w/o looking like you are gauging people when in reality, you are just trying to recoup your preseason losses.

If these % are across the board, then this is very close to what I projected on page 83.

Do you think the price bump will make friends or whomever (hopefully Redskins fans) you were selling seats to less likely to join you?

How? If you didn't care about the number on the ticket before, why would it matter if that number changes?

You'd be more inclined to give it to charity now. The tax write off would be bigger.

Not that it matters, but do you know his section? (or tshile - what's your section?)

I'm thinking that if you were getting face value for your tickets now, that you would continue to do so, even with the slightly higher price on the ticket.

If memory serves, tshile is in one of the corner sections, in the 200's. I can't remember the specific section, but it costs the same as ours, in 236.

Do you think the price bump will make friends or whomever (hopefully Redskins fans) you were selling seats to less likely to join you?

>> No, as they typically only go 1 time a year at most. These people do not have season tickets and are willing to pay up to face value (especially if we make arrangements before the season starts). If a regular season game is now 12% more than it was last year, that's not a deal killer for the occasional game that they do attend. All my friends are Skins fans or non-NFC East fans, except for my brother in law who is a Giants fan - the last game he came to was vs Philly when Cooley hurt his knee on MNF.

Out of curiosity, how is having a higher value, for regular season tickets going to help? If people aren't willing to pay face for $119.00 tickets, why would they pay $136.00?

Yeah, I get face value.

I almost always sell to either people I know or someone on ES. So I always just sell for face. Now face gives me more money.

Plus I normally get ~$60 for my preseason tickets if I can sell them. That's now 100% face value. I wont be able to sell the parking pass, but at least the tickets are covered.

But whenever I go to sell to someone not on ES or not someone I know it almost always winds up being a fan of the other team. Nothing I can do about it, I'm not paying for someone else to go just because they're a redskins fans. There's a couple regards in which our fans suck, and that's one of them.

(also yelling on offense ;) )

edit:

Seeing the rest of the conversation...

I can't think of the last time I sold a ticket for a profit... I almost always go to all the games. The few times it's ever come up that I couldn't go, I was selling it to someone I know so I only sold for face... not trying to make money off friends.

I hope I don't wind up selling on stubhub, but I might. I have quite a few people that want tickets this year, plus a few from ES that bought tickets last year (people who by tickets from me the previous year get first dibs) so we'll see.

I can't make the Cowboys game this year. Probably going to hold on to that one to sell for a profit, since I never, ever get to enjoy making a profit off that game (I always go.) We'll see... haven't decided.

edit 2:

The advice, and Mark The Homer's thread, was always to build the preseason into the regular price of the ticket.

Here's the problem: It's been hard enough to sell tickets at face value, much less above face to make up for preseason So I never really did that.

This year everyone's all excited.

The burden of preseason and the high cost of regular season tickets, and how hard it is to resell them at times, is why i'm about ready to give it up. The next 3 or 4 win season will likely be my last. It's impossible to sell tickets after one of those seasons, even if you're just trying to get someone to go with you, and after 10+ years of it I think I've had enough...

Edited by tshile

The burden of preseason and the high cost of regular season tickets, and how hard it is to resell them at times, is why i'm about ready to give it up. The next 3 or 4 win season will likely be my last. It's impossible to sell tickets after one of those seasons, even if you're just trying to get someone to go with you, and after 10+ years of it I think I've had enough...

Or you let yours go and you start going with me. (or vice versa - what's your section?) ;-)

section 205 :)

we'll see... it's my first year with a kid... things might get easier...

Those are great seats.  What row?  

Last season, we had the chance to get a similar view, (in 238), but Mrs Skinsfan wasn't willing to give up being under-cover, and in the last row.  I literally had them held, while we "discussed" it.  It bummed me out to let them go, but good friends of ours snagged them, so it ended well.    

row 4 and we stay dry so long as the rain falls straight :)

i enjoyed 236 two ears ago with you and hof44, but I park in the green lot over by the RV lot... it was just way too long of a walk. just long enough to screw us trying to get out before the traffic. now that we're back on this side i'm normally sailing down 295 just as the post game report lists the traffic as 'backing up' :)

i'm home, on the outskirts of NOVA, when they're still talking about gridlock around arena drive lol

Edited by tshile

row 4 and we stay dry so long as the rain falls straight :)

i enjoyed 236 two ears ago with you and hof44, but I park in the green lot over by the RV lot... it was just way too long of a walk. just long enough to screw us trying to get out before the traffic. now that we're back on this side i'm normally sailing down 295 just as the post game report lists the traffic as 'backing up' :)

i'm home, on the outskirts of NOVA, when they're still talking about gridlock around arena drive lol

Red Zone, Man! Redzone!

Our tailgate spot, in the Red zone, is near the gate, where you walk into the stadium, to get into your seats, in section 205.

It's a further walk for us, in 236, but our friends in 106 and 105, love it....

section 205 :)

we'll see... it's my first year with a kid... things might get easier...

I'm in 222 row 9. I'd prefer one row further back or a few rows forward, but I really like being this close to the 50. I'd sign up to get on the home side to be closer to my exit and have the sun at our backs.

Kids... get easier. Mine are on the cusp of enjoying the games. It would be so much fun to take them to a sea of burgundy and gold.

Just got a reminder email that I can still keep my seats with only $100 down today, and then three installments.  It doesn't say when the payments are due, before late July one would assume. 

I'm curious.  Upper or lower?  Is this the first year you didn't renew?

Just got a reminder email that I can still keep my seats with only $100 down today, and then three installments.  It doesn't say when the payments are due, before late July one would assume. 

I have one more year on my military exemption, but if I recall correctly it's sometime in mid-August.  I never received the e-mail but if it's the same payment plan option they give you when you pay for your tickets that was about right.

Any word on seat upgrade timeline?  I haven't heard anything yet.    (apologies if I missed this earlier in the thread)  

Ive been watching my emails and this thread daily, I want to know as well lol