Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I thought it was three prices for tickets.

Preseason and two levels of regular season games split between 4 each.

That's how the Pats did it, but S&S is correct that Bruce's letter said it'll be two-tier, with the preseason games being less and the difference being made up in the regular season games. We'll have to wait until after the schedule comes out to see how it shakes out.

I thought it was three prices for tickets.

Preseason and two levels of regular season games split between 4 each.

The letter uses the words "two tier" pricing, so I would assume that preseason will be one price and regular season another price.  Also, the letter contained info to do the option to buy the playoff tickets if the team should host a playoff game for either the wild card or divisional round.

You questioned my veracity??? :P As hail2skins and MarkB452 wrote, Bruce clearly says a two tier system and the language used clearly suggests a difference in cost between pre-season and the regular season games. Bottom line there is no change in season ticket total cost. I think this just sets up a plan to increase regular season tickets more next year anyway unless the Redskins season goes into the crapper.

As someone who is going to try to sell more than half my tickets this year, variable prices sound good to me. Will lessen the blow of preseason tickets.

If I was going to every game then it would mean nothing.

To be honest, this was the first year I got the invoice and almost just chucked it in the trash. But I'm in for one more.

Edited by tshile

No, the overall price will remain the same as last year.  Preseason games will just have a lower face value on the ticket than regular season games.  In the past, all tickets had the same price on them, but it was pretty much impossible to get face value for preseason games.

No, the overall price will remain the same as last year.  Preseason games will just have a lower face value on the ticket than regular season games.  In the past, all tickets had the same price on them, but it was pretty much impossible to get face value for preseason games.

I don't know what this accomplishes.

You pretty much have to give away preseason games anyway,( or eat them), and will still have to do so, regardless of the price.  

I wish they did what they used to back in the day.  Make paying for preseason games optional.

I don't know what this accomplishes.

You pretty much have to give away preseason games anyway,( or eat them), and will still have to do so, regardless of the price.  

I wish they did what they used to back in the day.  Make paying for preseason games optional.

In those days they would sell out preseason games to waitlisters after STHs declined. 

• Like 1

In those days they would sell out preseason games to waitlisters after STHs declined. 

Yeah...I know.    

Unless they have great seats, it's  going to make it tougher, for the majority of STH's, to get anywhere close to face, for regular season games.

I guess it's a wash, we'll see,  but I don't think that type of tier-pricing is effective, for teams like ours.  I believe that you have to have a consistently good team, that have real sellouts,(i.e. Pats, Packers, *Ravens, etc), to make it work.

I guess it doesn't affect us any differently than other seasons because, (preseason & deer season notwithstanding), we attend all of the games anyway.  Maybe I'll feel better if we're eating $200.00, instead of $290.00, (at least on paper), for those preseason games?   

What sticks in my craw, is the  Bruce Allen letter to STH's  where the Skins, decided "To demonstrate our appreciation for your loyalty, your annual season ticket cost will remain unchanged for the 4th consecutive season"

How the **** did they have the balls to do that, while raising the price of parking $100.00??

Oh well...rant over.....I've already paid my invoice.....

*that hurt to type that

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Skinsfan1311 -- Bruce was totally honest. The season ticket price did not go up. Not everyone pays for parking. LOTS of people come via Metro or park offsite. So yeah, parking went up but the season tickets did not. That's not lying or playing games, or giving you the finger. The problem is yours. You need to separate the two. Two different things. Take the metro or park offsite. And it is 4 straight years of no ticket increase. Anything else you buy that the price has remained the same for 4 years? I thought not.

If you want to ****, **** about the total cost of season tickets regardless of the increase. $2400 out of my pocket gets harder to justify each year when I get no salary increase from my company. The cost of everything else is rising (with gas the exception).

Now, Green Bay has said today that the NFL is considering dropping a pre-season game. So the variable pricing has more affect on us and most other NFL fans whose teams have done exactly what the Redskins did this year. By lowering the price of a pre-season game and spreading that price out over the 8 regular season games, the Redskins (and the other NFL teams with variable pricing) will lose less revenue IF the NFL votes to eliminate a preseason game. So that's the real advantage to the NFL teams. They can eliminate a preseason game without losing 1/10 of the season ticket price in revenue; they lose a smaller amount of revenue. Pretty slick on their part to conserve their revenue from one pre-season game. Not that I like it; but it is a smart business decision to conserve some revenue that they would have lost without variable ticket pricing.

• Like 1

imo, there's no chance the league drops any presea$on games. We talk about it every year, but it's just like the Pro Bowl. The tv revenue is worth more than gate. Even if an August matchup is televised live in only the two local markets, the NFLN reruns the games all week, nationally. When there's nothing but baseball to compete with, the money couldn't come easier. Preseason football crushes baseball. Sponsors aren't dumb.   

To pick another nit, bc that's what we do in these parts...

The team is always padding their consecutive price streaks by one year. "your annual season ticket cost will remain unchanged for the 4th consecutive season." Prices last went up in 2013. The prices changed that season. You don't get to count that season in your claim of "unchanged". The actual unchanged streak is three seasons, beginning in 2014. I doubt the Packers or Steelers make those claims, but idk. 

The streak claim reminds me of the guy on Craigslist, stating that his seats are 10-15 yards closer to the 50 than they actually are. As if you're not going to look at the seating chart. I guess a lot of people probably don't. 

Skinsfan1311 -- Bruce was totally honest. The season ticket price did not go up. Not everyone pays for parking. LOTS of people come via Metro or park offsite. So yeah, parking went up but the season tickets did not. That's not lying or playing games, or giving you the finger. The problem is yours. You need to separate the two. Two different things. Take the metro or park offsite. And it is 4 straight years of no ticket increase. Anything else you buy that the price has remained the same for 4 years? I thought not.

If you want to ****, **** about the total cost of season tickets regardless of the increase. $2400 out of my pocket gets harder to justify each year when I get no salary increase from my company. The cost of everything else is rising (with gas the exception).

I never implied that Bruce was lying, nor do I consider it playing games, or giving me the finger.  

****ing A, the problem is mine, because the cost of attending the game, has increased for us, by $100.00, regardless of where the increase is applied.    In ticket-holders like us, (the ones who buy parking each year), they have a captive audience, and they know it. 

I'd venture to say,(IMHO, of course), is that many of the folks who park off-site, or take the Metro, do so, because they can't get parking passes, or don't attend all of the games.

I'd also venture to say, that many of those folks utilizing metro, and off-site, aren't season-ticket holders, and are buying cheap tickets, on the secondary market, so they don't give a rats ass about a parking pass increase, because it doesn't affect them.

I'm guessing that demand for on-site parking, is more in-demand than game tickets, because of the limited availability.   I know that when the opened the RedZone, they cut the # of spaces in half, (by 750), so I guess that they had to recoup the money somehow.       

Once again, it's the loyal ticket-holders, who attend  every game, every season, (good or bad..and it's mostly bad), that pay the price.

I know it's my choice, but since I'm paying, I will ****.  

That, and it pisses me off, because I'm a cheap ****!

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 2

I never implied that Bruce was lying, nor do I consider it playing games, or giving me the finger.  

****ing A, the problem is mine, because the cost of attending the game, has increased for us, by $100.00, regardless of where the increase is applied.    In ticket-holders like us, (the ones who buy parking each year), they have a captive audience, and they know it. 

I'd venture to say,(IMHO, of course), is that many of the folks who park off-site, or take the Metro, do so, because they can't get parking passes, or don't attend all of the games.

I'd also venture to say, that many of those folks utilizing metro, and off-site, aren't season-ticket holders, and are buying cheap tickets, on the secondary market, so they don't give a rats ass about a parking pass increase, because it doesn't affect them.

I'm guessing that demand for on-site parking, is more in-demand than game tickets, because of the limited availability.   I know that when the opened the RedZone, they cut the # of spaces in half, (by 750), so I guess that they had to recoup the money somehow.       

Once again, it's the loyal ticket-holders, who attend  every game, every season, (good or bad..and it's mostly bad), that pay the price.

I know it's my choice, but since I'm paying, I will ****.  

That, and it pisses me off, because I'm a cheap ****!

I'm with you. You can spin it however you want, but the price of parking went up to a RIDICULOUS $500 per season, which is a 25% increase. That was because of a bull**** 9-7 season with another first round playoff exit. They knew there would be a lot of pissed season tickets holders if they raised the actual ticket prices, so this was their way of getting more money and having Mr. Pants and Picnics tell us that we've had no price increase. Word it how you choose and yes, the way he worded it is accurate. In the real world they jacked up my total package by $100. Not a lot of course but it's just incredibly frustrating that they do it after every winning (yet mediocre) season.

• Like 1

Always interesting to hear how ****ing people conveniently ignore the facts. Yes, parking went up $100 from 2015 to 2016. Yet these same ****ing people ignore that there was NO ****ING increase from 2013 through 2015. Let me repeat.... NO ****ING increase. ZERO. NADA.

SO.....using my lower level tickets as an example, the total cost of tickets, parking, tax and shipping for two in 2013 was $2,823. In four ****ING years, my total cost of attending Redskins games went up $100 or 3.54%. NOT 3.54% per year but 3.54% after 4 years. That's LESS THAN ONE PERCENT per year. IF you have upper level seats that are cheaper than mine, well then, your percentage increase is slightly higher.

And as I have said before, complain about the total cost of attending Redskins games (or NFL games in general) and whether you get value for your money; but complaining about a $100 increase in 4 years is silly and stupid. And I'll add this...that percentage increase in attending Redskins games over four years is a full point lower than the national inflation rate from 2012 through 2015.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.....you guys can go back to grade school....

Always interesting to hear how ****ing people conveniently ignore the facts. Yes, parking went up $100 from 2015 to 2016. Yet these same ****ing people ignore that there was NO ****ING increase from 2013 through 2015. Let me repeat.... NO ****ING increase. ZERO. NADA.

SO.....using my lower level tickets as an example, the total cost of tickets, parking, tax and shipping for two in 2013 was $2,823. In four ****ING years, my total cost of attending Redskins games went up $100 or 3.54%. NOT 3.54% per year but 3.54% after 4 years. That's LESS THAN ONE PERCENT per year. IF you have upper level seats that are cheaper than mine, well then, your percentage increase is slightly higher.

And as I have said before, complain about the total cost of attending Redskins games (or NFL games in general) and whether you get value for your money; but complaining about a $100 increase in 4 years is silly and stupid. And I'll add this...that percentage increase in attending Redskins games over four years is a full point lower than the national inflation rate from 2012 through 2015.

Just because you don't agree with it does not make it silly or stupid.

Anyone who is on the Redskins bandwagon about the prices not increasing in 2012 - 2015 is kidding themselves. You know why they didn't increase? BECAUSE THE TEAM SUCKED! If you think for one second that they didn't increase because the Redskins were just being nice, you are living under a rock. We complain because they go up every time they have a halfway decent year. The $100 is irrelevant. I have six lower level tickets so the $100 is small potatoes in the big scheme of things but it's the point of when they increase the prices. HALFWAY decent year = increase with more money in their pockets. If we had followed RG3's rookie year with a 12-4 season and you think the prices would not have gone up then, you are kidding yourself.

Edited by LCA77
  • Like 2

Whoa!

Five ****s in one post, and insulting fellow posters.

Someone is ****ing taking this ****ing **** pretty ****ing seriously.

I'm not ignoring the fact that there were no ticket increases, lately.

That's nothing to crow about, because the team has been terrible and, (as the secondary market will attest)the tickets are already overpriced.

It doesn't matter where the increase is. What matters is that there is an increase at all.

No matter how you spin it, it's a money grab, plain and simple.

Will I pay it? Sure, I'm a fan!

At least I have the sense to know when I'm being bent over, and taking it.

When that happens, I reserve the right to scream.

Edited by Skinsfan1311

Anyone who is on the Redskins bandwagon about the prices not increasing in 2012 - 2015 is kidding themselves. You know why they didn't increase? BECAUSE THE TEAM SUCKED!

>> Not only did they not increase prices, they took out seats three times in the last five years as well  (IE lowered supply)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-third-time-in-six-years-redskins-remove-seats-from-fedex-field/2015/06/01/555299d6-088a-11e5-a7ad-b430fc1d3f5c_story.html

• Like 1

Will I pay it? Sure, I'm a fan!

I'm a fan, too, and I won't pay it.  It's your call. 

The NFL/fan relationship is amazing in a way.  Fans complain all the time about paying so much money for parking, tickets, concessions, merchandise, etc., especially if their team is awful and hopeless for the near future (why does anyone pay $$ to attend a Cleveland game?!?), yet those fans keep coming back, back to the ever-rising prices, the demands from owners that the public pay for new stadiums, the threats of relocation, etc.  It's like an abusive relationship, and the abused fans keep coming back for more.  I never saw the draw of having season tickets, especially with the costs.  I'm very happy with the TV experience. 

I'm a fan, too, and I won't pay it.  It's your call. 

1. I never saw the draw of having season tickets, especially with the costs.  2. I'm very happy with the TV experience. 

1. It's hard sometimes. For the money I could have a pretty sweet party every game. The line to the bathroom would be shorter and the food would be better. I'd never get cold. I'd never get wet. I could score at half time. And when we suck, that's much more enjoyable. No stupid fans heckling you on the way home!

2. It's just not the same. Being one of 80,000 people cranked up full blast so the other team can't hear their QB in the huddle is something you simply can't replicate at home. You experience neither the euphoria of the crowd nor have any impact on the game on your couch. So when we're good, it's addictive. 

You have to look at it like any hobby financially. That is to say, it's about $3k to start getting into it... Just like skiing, or kayaking, or <insert hobby here>. If you can afford it, it's not so hard footing the bill. If you can't, at least there's TV. 

I'm a fan, too, and I won't pay it. It's your call.

The NFL/fan relationship is amazing in a way. Fans complain all the time about paying so much money for parking, tickets, concessions, merchandise, etc., especially if their team is awful and hopeless for the near future (why does anyone pay $$ to attend a Cleveland game?!?), yet those fans keep coming back, back to the ever-rising prices, the demands from owners that the public pay for new stadiums, the threats of relocation, etc. It's like an abusive relationship, and the abused fans keep coming back for more. I never saw the draw of having season tickets, especially with the costs. I'm very happy with the TV experience.

I guess I'm a sucker for punishment!

yet those fans keep coming back, back to the ever-rising prices, the demands from owners that the public pay for new stadiums, the threats of relocation, etc.  It's like an abusive relationship, and the abused fans keep coming back for more. 

yup. that's what it is.

if the redskins were our spouse majority of us would be attending weekly support groups.

some would argue the redskins have already started us down this path. we do have 3-4 meetings a year which could basically be renamed "season ticket holder support groups" and the essential function of them would be the same.

i hope this team does something meaningful soon because my span as a season ticket holder (year 10 for me, year 54 for my family) is coming to an end soon. i don't know when i'm going to toss he invoice in the trash, but i know i almost did this year, and when I decided to put it on the counter instead of in the trash I just had this feeling that it's coming soon.

would like something better than two shallow playoff runs to show for it when it's all said and done...

as for this ridiculous argument about price increases.

tickets net the same for a ticket holder and parking went up.

that means for majority of us the cost of being a season ticket holder went up.

the back and forth is ridiculous. there's zero reason to defend this organization or bruce allen. the bottom line is the cost of being a season ticket holder went up for most of us, and it went up for parking which is a complete and utter disaster at this stadium. they made a change to ticket prices that will allow some of us to recoup more money than we otherwise would have (because preseason tickets that are for the most part not able to be sold are now a lower % of the overall cost) but for those that attend every other game the change gives you zero benefit. and they're selling it as listening to the fans which is complete bull**** sonnyandsam and you know it.

the only people this benefits are people like me who are selling most of their tickets this year. it does jack **** for the people who are attending every game - IE: the people the team should be trying to give some benefits to; the people the team has a hard time keeping active and around.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

...the people who are attending every game - IE: the people the team should be trying to give some benefits to; the people the team has a hard time keeping active and around.

+1

People like me should be the people you want to keep as season ticket holders.