Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

So interestingly enough the Redskins Reward site says: Tenure Group: 7-9 Years but I didn't get my season tickets till 2010.  So they must be counting the 2 years I had obstructed view seats.  Also I don't like how they lumped all upper level seats together for points, it should be based on the price range.

I believe the stadium shot on the ticket envelope is from opening night in 2013, the last time the stadium was full enough for a nice panoramic pic. 

*the scoreboards are blurred just enough to not allow confirmation of which game it was.  

...not sure of the date, but it looks like the cheerleaders are holding pink pom-poms, so I am guessing Oct as that is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

• Like 1

...not sure of the date, but it looks like the cheerleaders are holding pink pom-poms, so I am guessing Oct as that is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

That would make it the Seahawks game last year. There weren't any prime time games in Oct. of '13 or '12. Surprised the crowd would have been that thick for the Seattle game last year as we were pretty demoralized after the NYG throttling under the lights, at home, the game before. 

That would make it the Seahawks game last year. There weren't any prime time games in Oct. of '13 or '12. Surprised the crowd would have been that thick for the Seattle game last year as we were pretty demoralized after the NYG throttling under the lights, at home, the game before. 

Especially surprising as the Nationals were playing in the NLDS that night too.

I wonder how many season ticket holders there actually are? Most people have either 2, or 4 seats, and other people/companies have many more than that. A lot of the seats are not sold out for the season regardless of what the team tells you. The team sells them on stubhub, or creates occasional groupon promotions. If i had to guess there only about 12-20,000 idiots like me that actually buy season tickets at this point. 

• Like 1

Didn't renew my 50 yard line UD seats for this season after 11 years with ST.  I've gotten three calls since the renewal deadline asking me to come back.  

It's a far cry from seven or eight years ago, when a good friend missed the payment deadline by a couple of weeks (invoice never arrived, and it was pre web account days), and had their lower corner seats taken away.  Even though the seats had been in the family since Griffith Stadium days, the best the team offered was a chance to get back into GA in the end zone two years later, IF they'd buy club seats for a season first.  My friend told them to get bent and never looked back.     

I wonder how many season ticket holders there actually are? Most people have either 2, or 4 seats, and other people/companies have many more than that. A lot of the seats are not sold out for the season regardless of what the team tells you. The team sells them on stubhub, or creates occasional groupon promotions. If i had to guess there only about 12-20,000 idiots like me that actually buy season tickets at this point. 

Yes, the team and the league does have a few seats.  They have the entire section 242 for example.  They have other seats scattered around the stadium to take care of season ticket holder issues on game day (e.g. two fans have tickets for the same seat).  Re the number of seats per season ticket holder, I think 2.5 is a pretty good estimate although it might be something like 2.7 because of corporate accounts, executive suites, owner club suites, etc.  There are also a few dozen "railing seats"; that is, seats with a railing in front of them that are so horrible, they don't sell them to the public, they instead give them to employees close to game day, but who sometimes will throw them on stubhub at the last minute trying to scam the public (the employee, not the team).  Anyway, if there's 80,000 seats available to the season ticket holders, and the seats are sold out, there should be, presumably, around 30,000-35,000 season ticket holders - probably leaning closer to 30,000.

Exciting news!  Got an email from the Skins yesterday that my name came off the waitlist and I'm eligible for season tix in the upper deck.

Wait a second......I've been a season ticket holder for 12 years and have seats now in the lower bowl.  Whew, almost forgot about that and bought tickets again.

• Like 2

60$ is pretty cheap?

Guy at the party yesterday got tickets on the 50 yard line, lower level, thursday night for $30 each.

Hell, I gave away my 3 tickets and parking for free to someone else at the party, they're in the lower level sideline near the redskins tunnel.

For crying out loud you could get regular season tickets last year in December for like $5.

I'd happily sell my preseason tickets for $60...

Damn...just when you've think that we can't sink any lower....the Skins appear to be selling preseason tickets on Groupon..relatively cheap too..https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-washington-redskins#options

Not the Skins selling them. Seems a site is trying to dump tickets.

In the fine Print:

SuperStarTickets.com is an independently owned and operated secondary market ticket company not affiliated with the Washington Redskins or FedEx Field. Groupons are not redeemable at the Stadium ticket office. You will receive your tickets via email from SuperStarTickets.com. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.

I am looking at the scorebig.com site and they show two levels of club seats:

https://www.scorebig.com/washington-redskins-vs-detroit-lions-preseason-tickets-8-20-2015#/name-a-ticket-price

One is endzone (but apparently not standing as those are supposed to be gone) and another labeled Club level - Lounge Access.

Is this a fancy way of saying "sidelines" or are the people in the endzone prevented from using the lounge?...just wondering....

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my annual survey email.

This one gets me every time...

How SATISFIED are you with the following aspects of being a Season Ticket Holder (Sec 100s, 200s, & 400s)?

Playoff ticket priority

The options are 1 (not at all satisfied) through 10 (extremely satisfied) or N/A

I fail to see how N/A is not the only acceptable answer.

Edited by tshile
  • Like 2

I got a call today from the ticket office offering to upgrade me to the club level at 40% off and with a contract for as short as 2 years.  He said it would only cost me an additional $1800 per seat (currently about $760 per seat for the season) to move to the club. I said that was too rich for my blood, said goodbye, and hung up.....not sure what zone that would be for, but as soon as he said $1800 per seat, I lost ALL interest.