Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Two questions:

1) Anyone able to get into their account to try to upgrade again after they upgrade? I'm planning to call Monday and complain since the FAQ says we can.

Per the FAQ this year:

Can I upgrade more than once? 

Yes. Even after you have selected and upgraded your original seat location, if you see a different location you like better you can upgrade again. 

2) Who did you tell about your awesome upgrade who understood your happiness? Most of my friends think I'm crazy I even buy season tickets (see above).

My upgrades not till tuesday. Any 100's or 200's left?

HTTR

I can't see the corners and endzones but would guess there are seats available. 100s on the sidelines are really down to just a few singles. Still some availability in 218 and 225. Edited by 70Chip

I live in St Louis and probably will for the rest of my life, but if I lived in the DC area the first thing I would do is buy season ticket... I'm with Hoover Ball, don't piss on STH because you "don't get it" . Being a skins season ticket holder used to be royalty, one day hopefully that's true again.

I have always called it the Season Ticket Elite syndrome.  I grew up in the RFK era during that syndrome.  Hate to tell you this, but it will never be that way again.  Unfortunately for many in this thread who are members, you probably won't be when the new stadium is built.

Regardless of a new stadium, there will never be a time in history where it will be true again.  HiDef TV, replay, fantasy football, internet, etc will continually erode the live event.  Even in Baltimore where fans are hard core and super bowls have been recently won, the ticket isn't that hard of a purchase.  I have attended Ravens playoff games and the Redskins playoff games and never paid a fortune for the seat.  I probably paid more for Caps/Nats playoff tix than I did either NFL venue.

• Like 1

I'm curious why it is that folks that don't have or don't want to pirchase ST's are so tore up over those that do?  It's almost as if they are trying to justify their own decision not to puirchase ST's by convincing those of us that do that it's not a good idea.  I have no issue with someone that wants to sit in front of their HD TV and watch the game, I couldn't imagine that it would ever be the experience I am looking for but hey, if that floats your boat, go for it. For me, the live game day experience makes it worth my money, yes, my money to spend as I see fit.

• Like 1

some of them think consuming football the way someone else has decided they should consume it is better than being able to consume it the way they want.

enjoy the over production. some of us enjoy being at the game.

I like both watching in HD and watching some live so I can look at particular match ups and route trees etc.

I guess that is why they have away games :)

It is almost like folks think STH don't watch away games and don't know what they are missing.

• Like 2

I'm curious why it is that folks that don't have or don't want to pirchase ST's are so tore up over those that do?  It's almost as if they are trying to justify their own decision not to puirchase ST's by convincing those of us that do that it's not a good idea.

You can look at it the other way, though, looking at some of the responses to the post which questioned why folks would buy STs......some seem almost defensive in nature, as in "maybe the guy does have a point."  Now whether its appropriate for someone to interject that opinion into a thread primarily dedicated to upgrades, etc is another debate.

I do feel like some season ticket-holding base is necessary; otherwise, the Washington area would likely cease to have an NFL team.  I also can understand those that have some of the best seats in the house (200 level) would be reluctant to part with them. And nobody should be telling anyone else what to do with their own money. Finally, its a shame that we haven't seen a period of sustained success since we moved to FedEx......such a period might serve as a more accurate barometer for where prices should be. As it stands now, the Skins have been really bad, and that (combined with the increasingly better home-viewing experience and secondary market sites like Stubhub) has led us to where we are now, with tickets to games being had for very cheap.

I just think it sucks for STHs (not only for the Skins, but for the rest of the league) to have to pay full freight for the preseason games.  If you're in the lower level, you've already down $600 (for 2 seats and parking) before a meaningful game has been played.  I was a club-seat holder for 10 years, and was able to lock in a decent price for the duration of the contract.  When it came time to renew, the best the Skins could do was double the price I'd been paying. No thank you. And then to see that the team was giving away those seats last year......sheesh!

I'm curious why it is that folks that don't have or don't want to pirchase ST's are so tore up over those that do?  It's almost as if they are trying to justify their own decision not to puirchase ST's by convincing those of us that do that it's not a good idea.  I have no issue with someone that wants to sit in front of their HD TV and watch the game, I couldn't imagine that it would ever be the experience I am looking for but hey, if that floats your boat, go for it. For me, the live game day experience makes it worth my money, yes, my money to spend as I see fit.

Not tore up over anything.  Just stating the obvious, but the STH's get defensive.  It's fine.  I appreciate the season ticket holders reasons for staying.

so you don't have season tickets, but come post in the season ticket renewals thread regularly taking shots at STH's and/or the idea of owning season tickets, and when someone finally calls you out on it your response is to call them defensive?

interesting...

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3

Not to mention in 2019, or 2020 or whenever the new stadium opens, the PSL's will push out many of the current season ticket holders.  All the people ****ing they can't afford them now will really be ****ing.  The whole been in the family forever will forever be gone.  FedEx will go down opposite of RFK.  From the best to the worst, although I still think it would have been an ok stadium had the team won.  RFK was a dump.

People keep talking as if PSLs are a done deal for any new stadium, but I have to wonder - if the team is struggling now to sell season tickets to fans without PSLs attached, how do they expect to be able to add PSLs if and when a new stadium opens?  Sure, if the team is actually good, it'll probably be an easier sell, but if the team's still terrible, I can't see much demand for STs with PSLs attached.  I'm sure Snyder would love to sell PSLs to the fans, but the market is going to dictate that, not Snyder, and the market seems to be giving a firm thumbs down right now. 

People keep talking as if PSLs are a done deal for any new stadium, but I have to wonder - if the team is struggling now to sell season tickets to fans without PSLs attached, how do they expect to be able to add PSLs if and when a new stadium opens?  Sure, if the team is actually good, it'll probably be an easier sell, but if the team's still terrible, I can't see much demand for STs with PSLs attached.  I'm sure Snyder would love to sell PSLs to the fans, but the market is going to dictate that, not Snyder, and the market seems to be giving a firm thumbs down right now. 

You may be right...and I HOPE you are. But it seems to be the way of the NFL these days. PSLs help finance the stadiums for billionaires to field their millionaire players while us everyday working folk are relegated to our HDTVs at home. It would be wonderful if Danny took JKC's approach...."I won't have no stinkin' seat licenses in my stadium!" (paraphrased) God I loved that man when he said that on one of the local TV networks. He just got it.

• Like 1

Minnesota has been busy selling PSLs over the past year. The Vikings are a less storied franchise in a smaller market than us. They've been selling single game seats for years, along with the occasional blackout threat. If Ziggy Wilf thinks PSLs are sufficient for his new stadium, I can't imagine Snyder will see things differently here.

IMO, PSL prices don't necessarily reflect a fanbase's actual demand for STs. I came to this conclusion after following the NYG-J's, and the Cowboys marketing strategies to sell PSLs for their new stadiums. The 49ers campaign played out similarly. The team owners don't expect to sell every seat to a PSL purchasing STH. They sell as many as market demand will allow. The unsold PSL seats filter down to sponsors, partners, and into the secondary market, all of which befits single game buyers in those markets. Single game tickets can be had for nearly every game at prices below what STH's pay, and that includes PSL fees. 

Not because it matters, but SonnyandSam's statement made me do a quick google -- can't see Snyder ever speaking like this but who knows:

Most important to Redskins fans is Mr. Cooke's unwavering decision not to charge personal seat licensing fees (PSL's) for the Redskins new stadium.

"Yes, I am the owner of the Washington Redskins," Mr. Cooke recently told WJLA-TV sports anchor Rene Knott. "But more important, I am the trustee for the best bloody fans on the face of the earth. I have no right, morally or legally, in my opinion, to move the franchise. Charging those great fans a PSL is something that I just won't do. It never crossed my mind. Not even once."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/redskins/longterm/cooke/articles/mediaprofile.htm

I a guessing with the amount of lower level still open, there should be some upper level sideline open. Can any please confirm this? Right now I am in section 440 row 5. I am looking to move closer to the 50. I would like to stay with in the first 10 rows of the section.

Which side gets the sun in the September games Visitor or Redskins?

Lucky for u$, JKC didn't have the marketing acumen to figure out that PSLs would have been a good idea at the time. IMO, PSLs would have been an easier sell in 1996 than they will be in two thousand whatever, or the next time we get a new house. I believe that only the Raiders and Panthers had PSLs at the time, both of which were introduced after JKC's stadium plans had already been on the drafting board for several years. There was not yet a secondary market online, and we didn't have the ability to peer into what other sports teams were doing for a comparison. There was a very real waiting list, and seemingly nobody could get tickets. 

There are a few in section 236 and 237. I currently have row 5 in 135 - is it worth it to go backwards to 237, row 6? From everything I hear on this forum, ppl love the 200 level. Is the energy the same? I imagine the sight lines are much improved being somewhat higher, but there's just something special about row 5 (even if I have to stand for most of the game).

Opinions?

Minnesota has been busy selling PSLs over the past year. The Vikings are a less storied franchise in a smaller market than us. They've been selling single game seats for years, along with the occasional blackout threat. If Ziggy Wilf thinks PSLs are sufficient for his new stadium, I can't imagine Snyder will see things differently here.

IMO, PSL prices don't necessarily reflect a fanbase's actual demand for STs. I came to this conclusion after following the NYG-J's, and the Cowboys marketing strategies to sell PSLs for their new stadiums. The 49ers campaign played out similarly. The team owners don't expect to sell every seat to a PSL purchasing STH. They sell as many as market demand will allow. The unsold PSL seats filter down to sponsors, partners, and into the secondary market, all of which befits single game buyers in those markets. Single game tickets can be had for nearly every game at prices below what STH's pay, and that includes PSL fees. 

I get what you're saying - PSLs are part of the modern sports landscape, and most new stadiums have them.  Still, no one's forced to buy them, and we've all been witnesses to the total collapse of the Redskins ticket market recently.  I'm not and have never been (and probably never will be) a STH, so I'm not really the target market anyway, but I can't imagine why ANYONE would pay $5000+ or more just for the right to buy STs, especially knowing that single game tickets will be readily available.  I don't see the ticket market returning anytime soon, unless the team somehow finds a way to achieve some sustained success for once. 

I a guessing with the amount of lower level still open, there should be some upper level sideline open. Can any please confirm this? Right now I am in section 440 row 5. I am looking to move closer to the 50. I would like to stay with in the first 10 rows of the section.

System's really slow but at the moment you can.

System's really slow but at the moment you can.

Sun is on the Visitors side

How is it looking boys. My upgrades 24 hours from now.

• Like 1

If you want to move to midfield in the uppers there's good availability right now but not much super low. I can't see the corners and ends which is where I'd guess most of the action is right now. 218/225 still have availability on the wrong side of the price border.

Ok, so I had a pair in section 425, row 2 on the aisle but the damn website timed out and I lost them.  But then I just found a pair in Section 427, Row 7 on the aisle and grabbed those.

So I went from 429, Row 8 on the aisle, to 427, Row 7 on the aisle.   So down 1 row and directly on the 50 now.

Edited by Howie411

What do you think of 419, Row 1,  Seats 17 and 18.  Is it worth moving to row 1 if I have to sit in the dead center of a very long row?

I used to sit in Row 3 of 427, seat 10,11,12, which is dead center of that row, and really liked it.  Nobody ever asks you to get up in the middle of the game, the caveat is that if you get up and down to get stuff a LOT, you might not like it as it does take longer to get to the bathroom/concessions/etc.  But for watching the game, it's great.  As for whether you'd rather be in Row 1 (and have nobody in front of you but need to look over the railing) or Row 3 (no obstructions/railing but also nowhere to put your feet up, etc.) that is entirely personal preference.

On a separate note, I meant to update the board, I actually was able to upgrade late friday from my 3 seats that were in 218, row 10, to 220, row 11, seats 7 and 8, and 220, row 10, Seat 7.  I had to split my 3 seats across the two rows, but with the one seat directly in front of the other 2, I thought it was worth it to get to 220!  I think it won't be that bad for our group -- it's usually me, my dad and a third person who varies but with the three seats being bunched we can all talk, just a little less convenient.  I'm also hoping the TO may try to put my 3 back together next off-season, but I'm super excited about the section regardless. What do you guys think, would you have split your seats to move two sections down the sideline? 

Anyway, I hope everyone is getting great upgrades!!!