Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aintitcool.com: Batman 3 Villains--I Pity The Fool Who Posts Spoilers! MET

ECU-ALUM

I LOVED watching that show when I was a little kid. I still remember 5-5:30 was the Batman timeslot, and anytime there was a 2 part episode my cable company kindly aired both parts one after another, making 5-6pm officially Batman hour. BAM WHAP ZIP!

The new movies aren't based off that show though, although I would love an Adam West cameo haha

Yeah definitely some differences.

129093753501920925.jpg

I like Nolan's vision of Batman, but I'm really hesitant about this next film until I can see some previews. I guess you can just call me gun shy, as the wounds of the last Batman film series are still very near the surface. I guess I don't see why it's necessary to force in the old characters (Catwoman etc) instead of following the first Nolan movie that bore little to no resemblance to the comic book storyline or characters, with the exception of the supporting characters. That said I did think Nolan's joker was the most terrifying of all of them. I just so don't want to go down the road again where this series turns into a venue for big movie stars to make corny cameos again.

I like Nolan's vision of Batman, but I'm really hesitant about this next film until I can see some previews. I guess you can just call me gun shy, as the wounds of the last Batman film series are still very near the surface. I guess I don't see why it's necessary to force in the old characters (Catwoman etc) instead of following the first Nolan movie that bore little to no resemblance to the comic book storyline or characters, with the exception of the supporting characters. That said I did think Nolan's joker was the most terrifying of all of them. I just so don't want to go down the road again where this series turns into a venue for big movie stars to make corny cameos again.

Superb post. Batman Begins is my absolute favorite Batman movie of all (maybe even fave comic hero flick) because it didn't rely on conventional methods and super-mega-glamour celebs, despite a meaty cast. I'm going to catch all heck for saying this, but the Dark Knight was the first step into the type of films you're speaking of. I liked it a lot but I do consider that movie overrated. (Ducking for cover...) I expect the threequel to be full-blown Hollywood supernova which would be a shame.

I LOVED watching that show when I was a little kid. I still remember 5-5:30 was the Batman timeslot, and anytime there was a 2 part episode my cable company kindly aired both parts one after another, making 5-6pm officially Batman hour. BAM WHAP ZIP!

The new movies aren't based off that show though, although I would love an Adam West cameo haha

Liked it too :ols: And don't get me STARTED on B&R'S Bane :tantrum:

---------- Post added July-10th-2011 at 08:48 AM ----------

Yeah definitely some differences.
:ols::ols::ols:

I guess I don't see why it's necessary to force in the old characters (Catwoman etc) instead of following the first Nolan movie that bore little to no resemblance to the comic book storyline or characters, with the exception of the supporting characters

Not sure I follow the logic that including Catwoman is "forcing in old characters." The fact that TDKR includes Bane should be dispel your doubts. If Nolan replaced Bane with Riddler, Penguin, AND Catwoman, I guess I could see your argument.

Nolan definitely has told his own Batman story, but Batman Begins wasn't completely out of left field to certain comics or graphic novels of Batman that have been told before. I would say the Frank Miller adaptations are similar.

Not sure I follow the logic that including Catwoman is "forcing in old characters." The fact that TDKR includes Bane should be dispel your doubts. If Nolan replaced Bane with Riddler, Penguin, AND Catwoman, I guess I could see your argument.

But, when do the Penguin and Riddler come in? I don't feel that the movie series must stick to the script that these are the guys that Batman faces, like I said I'm just very gun-shy...and I hope to be proven gloriously wrong.

Nolan definitely has told his own Batman story, but Batman Begins wasn't completely out of left field to certain comics or graphic novels of Batman that have been told before. I would say the Frank Miller adaptations are similar.

Not sure about Frank Miller I'm not familiar with his work, I just really don't see the necessity for rehashing worn out villains.

Take it from someone who's a pretty nerdy Batman fan: Nolan's films are probably the closest thing to following the true story and character of Bruce Wayne/Batman that we've ever seen. That includes his villains so far (especially Heath Ledger's version of The Joker).

I'm also not very sure what "big movie stars" you're concerned about in The Dark Knight Rises- Hathaway is a notable name, sure, but it's not like Liam Neeson was a nobody when Batman Begins was released.

And in return, Tom Hardy is playing Bane. Nobody knew who Tom Hardy was before Inception came out, and most people still don't know who he is.

Superb post. Batman Begins is my absolute favorite Batman movie of all (maybe even fave comic hero flick) because it didn't rely on conventional methods and super-mega-glamour celebs, despite a meaty cast. I'm going to catch all heck for saying this, but the Dark Knight was the first step into the type of films you're speaking of. I liked it a lot but I do consider that movie overrated. (Ducking for cover...) I expect the threequel to be full-blown Hollywood supernova which would be a shame.

The Dark Knight is a masterpiece when it comes to how a comic book/superhero film can translate to a larger audience while still holding true to its story origins.

Granted, it helps when you have a writer/director like Chris Nolan in charge of creating the movie, but what Nolan did with The Dark Knight is still much easier said than done.

The Dark Knight Rises Teaser Poster Revealed

As rumors persist that we'll see a trailer for The Dark Knight Rises with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, the official website for the much-anticipated Batman film has released the first teaser poster.

The poster seems to hint that before the Dark Knight can rise, perhaps Gotham must fall first… or maybe it's just a cool poster image! We'll find out next summer.

TheDarkKnightRises_TeaserPoster_1310443526.jpg

I don't recall him from the TV show I loved as a kid - what I "think is the inspiration for these movies (about 25 years before you were born)? Thanks for pointing out I am old... : )

yeah, lol, as pointed out these aren't based on the tv show, they are based on the comics more than anything else. bane was the dude who broke batman.

Take it from someone who's a pretty nerdy Batman fan: Nolan's films are probably the closest thing to following the true story and character of Bruce Wayne/Batman that we've ever seen. That includes his villains so far (especially Heath Ledger's version of The Joker).

I'm also not very sure what "big movie stars" you're concerned about in The Dark Knight Rises- Hathaway is a notable name, sure, but it's not like Liam Neeson was a nobody when Batman Begins was released.

And in return, Tom Hardy is playing Bane. Nobody knew who Tom Hardy was before Inception came out, and most people still don't know who he is.

Again, I lived through the Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney movies, I watched big names put on stupid penguin suits, and nippled batsuits, I watched Arnold and his cheesy one liners, and florescent hockey players, I watched Jim Carey in spandex............all of that has made me gun shy when I start seeing notables showing up to star in the "classic" Batman roles. I fully admit and hope that my hesitancy is wholly unwarranted and entirely misplaced....but I'm still gun shy.

The poster makes me believe the rumors are true on the script. The movie will open with Batman leaving Gotham after the end of Dark Knight and Catwoman has kind of taken over as the vigilant against crime, but she gets a little out of control and Gotham is falling apart. So Batman returns and hence the Dark Knight Rises part.

Also, Ra's al Ghul never actually trained Bruce Wayne, like in the first movie, but he did train Bane. So, I personally like what Nolan has done in rewriting the comics for a trilogy, because it will work well with it all coming back around to tie all 3 movies together.

Edit: Won't be seeing Harry Porter, but can't wait for the trailer to leak on the internet at least by this weekend.

Again, I lived through the Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney movies, I watched big names put on stupid penguin suits, and nippled batsuits, I watched Arnold and his cheesy one liners, and florescent hockey players, I watched Jim Carey in spandex............all of that has made me gun shy when I start seeing notables showing up to star in the "classic" Batman roles. I fully admit and hope that my hesitancy is wholly unwarranted and entirely misplaced....but I'm still gun shy.

And believe it or not the worst of all for me was Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face. What a hot mess.

IMO the teaser should be leaked on Wednesday night (afternoon if we're lucky), Thursday night officially since the HP midnight showings will see it for the first time and that will be Thursday night/Friday morning. I'm going to the midnight release for HP so I'm planning on staying away from any and all promotion about TDKR until I see the teaser on the big screen. For TDK's trailer, we went to see I Am Legend in IMAX and it was attached to the movie. That was awesome.

It's a minute and a half, so my guess is either a lot of black screen, text, image, motion, black screen, text, image, motion (with epic music), or it may even be a full scene or two showing Bane somewhat and of course establishing Gotham's downfall. They still have a whole year of viral marketing and information release!

I saw a slightly better version of the trailer earlier today. I can't wait to see a hi-res version. Quick question, is that Bruce in the hospital bed or Ras? I know Bruce is supposed to get his back broken by Bane so I pretty sure that's who it is.

Archived