Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aintitcool.com: Batman 3 Villains--I Pity The Fool Who Posts Spoilers! MET

ECU-ALUM

I'm willing to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt, but Catwoman? really? I mean Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? That sounds terrible but he's earned enough good will to give it a shot.

Tom Hardy as any Batman villian is a great idea though, if you've seen Bronson then you know he can play a crazy/eccentric character very well.

Proof (Bronson Trailer):

Is she really that tall, Predicto? Huh. She always seems smaller... maybe it's the adorable cuteness. She is a very good actress and so I like it on that level.

Hathaway had a really good physical presence in "Get Smart" as Agent 99...terrible movie but she came across well in action sequences. And definitely was NOT diminutive.

Hathaway had a really good physical presence in "Get Smart" as Agent 99...terrible movie but she came across well in action sequences. And definitely was NOT diminutive.

Huh? I liked Get Smart... then again I really liked the 60's TV show. Maybe that humor just appeals to me. You have to like unapologetically good BAD humor.

Huh? I liked Get Smart... then again I really liked the 60's TV show. Maybe that humor just appeals to me. You have to like unapologetically good BAD humor.

I'm a HUGE "Get Smart" fan (TV show)...but the movie didn't come close to capturing the irrelevance and satire that the TV show did, imo. The "How about Chuck Norris and a BB gun" line hit the target, though lol :ols:...

Yeah, they did seem a little skittish about leaning on the most popular schtick. I actually own it on DVD and it's a fun, brain dead movie when I'm feeling sick or under the weather. Mind you, I'd rate it at 2.5 stars so I'm not saying it's great... but for me at least I had fun with it. And yes, Don Adams over Steve Kerrel (sp).

One of the reasons I hate all of the post Keaton, pre Nolan Batman flicks was because of their tendency to make every character (and their environments) completely over the top, and cartoonish. I appreciate the darker feel of the first two, and have no doubt that this one will continue that success.

Those movies were absolute crap, though I did enjoy Uma's Poison Ivy attire :)

Nolan returning makes this a must see for me and cannot wait.

I didn't know anything of Hathaway before Get Smart, which I thought was kind of funny.

Then I saw her on SNL and realized she's really good at what she does. She can be characters, she can sing, etc. So, I'm fine with it.

While sometimes she does look weird, more often she looks pretty smoking.

anne-hathaway-havoc-splash.jpg

I'll take it. I still have a feeling we'll get at least one more villain, whether it's Hugo Strange, Talia al Ghul, or Black Mask. And I trust Nolan and company to not take it to Spider-man 3 level of pigeonholing those into the story.

One of the reasons I hate all of the post Keaton, pre Nolan Batman flicks was because of their tendency to make every character (and their environments) completely over the top, and cartoonish. I appreciate the darker feel of the first two, and have no doubt that this one will continue that success.

Agreed. The last one, with Arnold as mr. Freeze, Uma as Posion Ivy, is one of the worst movies ever made. I mean, the batsuit has nipples on it, wtf? And they butchered Bane's character. The only reason to include him is son fan's recognize him, did they really think a complete ****ization would satisfy people? I saw that movie when I was a teenager, and can proudly say it was the very first movie I ever walked out of. It's on the same level of epic bad as Crystal Skull.

Bane has been used in different manners throughout the comic boooks, so Nolan has room to work with. Bane in the cartoon was hired by the Gotham mafia to take out Batman, and that seems to me to be the likely story for Nolan's more realistic approach.

I like the villain choices, I think Nolan can do a good job on this one, but it's the 3rd movie now, so I will try not to hype myself up too much for it.

I'm willing to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt, but Catwoman? really? I mean Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? That sounds terrible but he's earned enough good will to give it a shot.

Tom Hardy as any Batman villian is a great idea though, if you've seen Bronson then you know he can play a crazy/eccentric character very well.

Proof (Bronson Trailer):

Omg, I have got to see that movie!! Wow that looks awesome and his acting looks incredible.

Ok it's been awhile since I picked up a comic book, let alone a batman comic.. But wasn't bane a scrawny little sciencey guy that developed a way to get buff? Don't think he was buff all the time was he?

From what I remember he was always a physical specimen and a master of hand to hand. I believe he was born in prison and learned to fight from an early age.

My only memories of Bane (since I never read the comics) was as the super henchman in the Animated Series. I never knew that he was portrayed differently. I read mostly Marvel Comics back in the day.

* Also, I'll readily admit that I loved the crappy Clooney/ Kilmer Batman flicks when they first came out, ( since I was little) but looking back on it, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. And yes, Uma Thurman and Nicole Kidman were smoking hot.

From what I remember he was always a physical specimen and a master of hand to hand. I believe he was born in prison and learned to fight from an early age.

wikapidia'd it. Born in prison, worked out and fought in prison. Read a lot and became quite intelligent. Was used as a lab rat for "venom" that made him even stronger, but needed it injected directly into his brain every 12 hours.

The only thing I dislike about this franchise is Christian Bale. I find him to be entirely unconvincing.

Any pictures of Anne Hathaway?

anne-hathaway-havocjpg.jpg

Sexy_Anne_Hathaway_1499.jpg

I've never read Batman comics so I have no idea how Catwoman should be portrayed. When I think of her I think of Michelle Pfeiffer or that Ann Margret looking chick that played her on the old TV show. I got a feeling that neither of those are what the fanboys are looking for.

I love Anne Hathaway though. Anne Hathaway > Megan Fox (with or without her big-toe thumbs)

My only memories of Bane (since I never read the comics) was as the super henchman in the Animated Series. I never knew that he was portrayed differently. I read mostly Marvel Comics back in the day.

* Also, I'll readily admit that I loved the crappy Clooney/ Kilmer Batman flicks when they first came out, ( since I was little) but looking back on it, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. And yes, Uma Thurman and Nicole Kidman were smoking hot.

IMO, Kilmer destroyed both Keaton and Clooney as Batman.

tom-hardy-bronson.jpg

Interesting guy. Tried to be a model, failed, became a crack addict at 19, got help and then got into acting. He gained "three stone" of muscle for that Bronson movie (however much that is) but swears it wasn't roids.

EDIT: A stone = 14 pounds. So he gained 42 pounds of muscle for Bronson.

I've never read Batman comics so I have no idea how Catwoman should be portrayed. When I think of her I think of Michelle Pfeiffer or that Ann Margret looking chick that played her on the old TV show. I got a feeling that neither of those are what the fanboys are looking for.

I love Anne Hathaway though. Anne Hathaway > Megan Fox (with or without her big-toe thumbs)

The Michelle Pfeiffer version and the version from the old Adam West series (played by 3 different actresses in total) each have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Pfeiffer fit into that weird, Gothic-art version of Batman that Tim Burton created for his films (which, for the record, was a take on the darker Batman universe that comic writer/artist Frank Miller had come up with to re-invent the Batman franchise in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns in 1986, not the other way around with Burton inspiring a new Batman era, as a lot of people confuse their history with), and that worked fine for that role. And obviously the Adam West series stands on its own campy ground for what that was supposed to be. Those versions of Catwoman featured her purring, making cat puns or jokes, and basically sexing it up as much as possible. In the newer comics, she's just a very intelligent and conniving burglar who isn't really a "hero" or "villain," so there's a lot of room for Nolan to create a character that works for his story.

I'm a little surprised that Nolan is going with Selina Kyle/Catwoman at all, but he probably has a pretty good plan for her role in the film and how to appropriately portray her.

A lot of people hold Jack Nicholson as the ideal film characterization of the Joker (even though that's not true anymore), and there was some doubt that Heath Ledger could play that role when he was cast, as if he couldn't live up to Nicholson's original take on the character as this sort of larger-than-life borderline campy madman. Of course, Nolan and Ledger didn't go that route and they came up with a quieter, colder, and more calculating version of the Joker than the audience had seen before, and we know how that worked out.

The only thing that surprises me, as I said earlier in this thread, is that Nolan picked an A-list actress like Hathaway for the role, when he typically favors character actors and people used to working in smaller films. But Hathaway can definitely act and I'm pretty confident that Nolan knows what he needs out of this part.

And yeah, I would take Anne Hathaway over Megan Fox every day of the week.

IMO, Kilmer destroyed both Keaton and Clooney as Batman.

I might tend to agree with this.

Keaton was maybe a chump version of what Batman should be like. I suppose he had the intensity to pull off a decent Bruce Wayne, but as Batman he's pretty unbelievable considering he's 5'9'' and didn't look like he weighed more than 160 pounds. World class crimefighter there. That was Tim Burton just going with an actor he already knew and liked from working on Beetlejuice, and plugging him into another role out of convenience, even though Keaton didn't really fit the part. And Keaton essentially played the part the same whether he was Bruce Wayne or Batman, which doesn't really make sense.

Kilmer wasn't a large dude either but he was bigger than Keaton and he actually tried to create a mix between the Batman persona and the Bruce Wayne persona. I think out of all three of those (Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney), Kilmer was the best Bruce Wayne.

None of them close to Christian Bale though. Bale looks the part and he's done a great job with developing Bruce Wayne the pompous, playboy socialite for public events, Bruce Wayne the reserved, reflective individual when in private times, and an unrelenting Batman. People criticize him for the voice thing, but 1) that was Nolan's idea, not Bale's, so if anyone should get blame, it should be Chris Nolan, and 2) I don't think it's that big of a deal anyway- it makes a lot of sense that he would try and change his voice when he's speaking as Batman and I don't know what else he would do with his voice than making it deeper and rougher.

The Batman films are the only comic book ones that I've ever really gotten into. I think they're awesome. I loved the original Batman (1989) and then didn't really enjoy the ridiculous sequels. However, I've loved the two Nolan ones that have come out. I'm also not a comic book reader, so I am easier to please as the movies don't have to follow or live up to anything for me.

I'm intrigued by Hathaway and think she can do a good job (especially after seeing that picture of her on the couch...hahaha). I really like Bale in these movies and loved Ledger.

Oddly enough, the only other comic book movie I enjoyed was Daredevil and I don't think that is highly regarded at all.

I thought the first two Spider-man movies were wonderful and true to the irreverent spirit of their source material. 3 could have been okay, but for some reason studios want to include multiple villains and so the movies got overloaded and you have all plot no story. The Chris Reeves Superman still holds up pretty well too.

I read that this movie was going to start out with Batman on the outs like we saw at the ending of Dark Knight. Catwoman is going to be the new person protecting Gotham until she gets out of hand and Batman has too return.

Archived