Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aintitcool.com: Batman 3 Villains--I Pity The Fool Who Posts Spoilers! MET

ECU-ALUM

Spart that pic is a great find, that could definitely point to some sort of a Lazarus Pit device. As fantastical as Nolan's movies have been, they still have a very reality based (albiet somewhat extreme) formula. Anything that happens in those movies can happen in real life, as extreme as the Joker or Batman's antics can be. I don't think they'll bring any supernatural or abnormal notions into the mix, it's all been chemical so far.

Agree with this. Nolan's Batman movies have stretched what is realistic or likely to happen in the real world (not like suspension of disbelief is a new thing in film anyway) but he has kept things pretty grounded and never gone full on supernatural, etc. I really can't see him breaking with that for this movie and suddenly introducing "immortality baths" that can do all sorts of crazy things to people with no credible explanation. Maybe he did come up with some sort of realistic basis for it...but I don't see why he would need to do that since Bane's actual story/origin is so freakin hardcore anyway and could definitely be used in a movie to show how he became who he is.

So what you're telling me is.... they've run out of superheroes? What about Wonder Woman, Aquaman and most of the Superfriends? Oh, and they've done too many Hulk versions also.

Nolan's Batman trilogy has nothing to do with the Burton/Schumacher movies. You say move on to other superheroes, yet there are options to choose from this summer (X-Men, Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern). And sequels/reboots are made because there's still plenty of stories to tell... and well, most of them make money. Doesn't sound like you're much of a fan of them anyway, so.... why so serious?

So what you're telling me is.... they've run out of superheroes? What about Wonder Woman, Aquaman and most of the Superfriends? Oh, and they've done too many Hulk versions also.

Is there a group of people out there who really want to see an Aquaman movie?

His "batman voice" is pure comedy.

:ols:

glad I'm not the only one. Christian Bale sucks. The absolute awesomeness of the new franchise compensates for him, though. I just can't believe they settled on that ass-clown for the lead role.

---------- Post added May-23rd-2011 at 10:02 PM ----------

[raises hand]

he was my favorite superhero as a kid. not sure what the plot of the movie could be. Maybe he could fight the North Korean navy or something

glad I'm not the only one. Christian Bale sucks. The absolute awesomeness of the new franchise compensates for him, though. I just can't believe they settled on that ass-clown for the lead role.

Huh? Christian Bale is a great actor. His Batman voice got away from him a couple times in TDK, but it was great throughout Begins.

Huh? Christian Bale is a great actor. His Batman voice got away from him a couple times in TDK, but it was great throughout Begins.

I agree, I don't know why he decided to go the direction he did in TDK. I hope he goes back to what he did in Begins, it was as good as it could have gotten with him.

I'm spoiled though. No voice comes close to this:

You never know.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 09:40 AM ----------

Nolan's Batman trilogy has nothing to do with the Burton/Schumacher movies. You say move on to other superheroes, yet there are options to choose from this summer (X-Men, Thor, Captain America, Green Lantern). And sequels/reboots are made because there's still plenty of stories to tell... and well, most of them make money. Doesn't sound like you're much of a fan of them anyway, so.... why so serious?

I know there are alot of new movies this summer, I just thing Batman has been beat to death between the two series. I'm a fan of the X-Men movies. They've been pretty good so far. I'm not sure how much more they can do with them after this current one. They keep going further back in time.

fry-see-what-you-did-there-poster.jpg

seamen fighting seamen? i'm good, thanks though.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 10:01 AM ----------

You never know.

---------- Post added May-24th-2011 at 09:40 AM ----------

I know there are alot of new movies this summer, I just thing Batman has been beat to death between the two series. I'm a fan of the X-Men movies. They've been pretty good so far. I'm not sure how much more they can do with them after this current one. They keep going further back in time.

i mean i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but the 3rd xmen movie was complete garbage. if i didn't have such a bias i would have said the same thing about the wolverine origins movie, but it's better than nothing.

i mean i know everyone is entitled to their opinion but the 3rd xmen movie was complete garbage. if i didn't have such a bias i would have said the same thing about the wolverine origins movie, but it's better than nothing.

The new X-men movie looks great, but X-men 3 was pretty bad. Wolverine orgins was not the best, but I am hoping what they are planning for the next one will make up for it. Batman is great and one of the top superheros, next to Superman. I can't wait to see Bale and Nolan close out their trilogy. I think Nolan has a plan to wrap it up in a nice little package. Plus, if they make 1,000 Batman movies what does it matter. No one says you have to go see it.

I am in the minority, but I think Bale's Batman voice is great. It is suppose to be dark and scary. Batman is not Superman, one is a vilgante and the other is the good old country boy next door. I think Bale has done a great job with the role.

The new X-men movie looks great, but X-men 3 was pretty bad. Wolverine orgins was not the best, but I am hoping what they are planning for the next one will make up for it. Batman is great and one of the top superheros, next to Superman. I can't wait to see Bale and Nolan close out their trilogy. I think Nolan has a plan to wrap it up in a nice little package. Plus, if they make 1,000 Batman movies what does it matter. No one says you have to go see it.

I am in the minority, but I think Bale's Batman voice is great. It is suppose to be dark and scary. Batman is not Superman, one is a vilgante and the other is the good old country boy next door. I think Bale has done a great job with the role.

i agree with everything in this post....except for superman being one of the top superheros. i mean skillset wise yeah sure, but not story wise....he's boring lol

i agree with everything in this post....except for superman being one of the top superheros. i mean skillset wise yeah sure, but not story wise....he's boring lol

I am not a fan of Superman at all, but the argument is there that he is the greatest superhero,because he has the longest history(1938) and really kicked off comics into the main stream. I think he is boring, but their are many people who love him. I mean Batman is really a crime figther, not a superhero, but you can throw them all together. If I made a list I wouldn't even put Superman in my top 10. My top 3 would be #1 Batman, #2 Wolverine, #3 Spawn.

Since people are talking about Superman now, in case you guys didn't know, this is happening, produced by none other than Christopher Nolan.

And I also think the new X-Men will be awesome, mainly because of the great cast and great director. I love Stardust way more than I had anticipated (enough to enjoy it multiple times) and Kick Ass is great.

Since people are talking about Superman now, in case you guys didn't know, this is happening, produced by none other than Christopher Nolan.

Yeah, Zack Snyder and Nolan are good friends. Snyder wants to take the approach Nolan has taken with Batman and do the same with Superman. The probably is they are going to do another origins story about Superman and everyone and their grandmother knows that story. Like Tweedr said, Superman is boring and I just can't get into him like other superheros.

• 1 month later...

Dark Knight Rises Trailer Coming

Rumblings have indicated for a while now that Warner Bros. would debut a Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 next week. And now word has come which seemingly confirms this.

Superhero Hype reports that a "trustworthy source" says that the teaser and a poster for Christopher Nolan's third and final Batman film will show up with the last Potter adventure.

The site even has the running time on the teaser -- one minute and 33 seconds. It'll play in both 2D theaters and IMAX 3D.

We've got word in to Warner Bros. for confirmation on this but have yet to hear back...

Zack Snyder sucks hard and all of his movies range from mindlessly stupid but somewhat enjoyable (dawn of the dead) to downright intolerable (everything else). I'm surprised Russell Crowe and Amy Adams would get involved with that.

Zack Snyder sucks hard and all of his movies range from mindlessly stupid but somewhat enjoyable (dawn of the dead) to downright intolerable (everything else). I'm surprised Russell Crowe and Amy Adams would get involved with that.

Russell Crowe and Amy Adams have been in quite a few stinkers. But I agree, I can't think of a movie Zack Snyder did that I liked aside from 300. And even that, I didn't think it was the marvel that most people did.

Agreed. The last one, with Arnold as mr. Freeze, Uma as Posion Ivy, is one of the worst movies ever made. I mean, the batsuit has nipples on it, wtf? And they butchered Bane's character. The only reason to include him is son fan's recognize him, did they really think a complete ****ization would satisfy people? I saw that movie when I was a teenager, and can proudly say it was the very first movie I ever walked out of. It's on the same level of epic bad as Crystal Skull.
Agreed on "Batman and Robin".

I trust in Nolan.

You don't know who Bane is? Pretty much a thug with super strength, and a bad temper.

I don't recall him from the TV show I loved as a kid - what I "think is the inspiration for these movies (about 25 years before you were born)? Thanks for pointing out I am old... : )

I don't recall him from the TV show I loved as a kid - what I "think is the inspiration for these movies (about 25 years before you were born)? Thanks for pointing out I am old... : )

I LOVED watching that show when I was a little kid. I still remember 5-5:30 was the Batman timeslot, and anytime there was a 2 part episode my cable company kindly aired both parts one after another, making 5-6pm officially Batman hour. BAM WHAP ZIP!

The new movies aren't based off that show though, although I would love an Adam West cameo haha

Archived