Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Aintitcool.com: Batman 3 Villains--I Pity The Fool Who Posts Spoilers! MET

ECU-ALUM

Spoiler alert!

Glad Talia is finally confirmed... it was getting annoying trying to defend/explain her inclusion in the movie to the deniers for the past few months (I post in super hero hype, too).

One thing I'm kind of wondering about Bane is the mask stuff. It looks cool/creepy but is he going to be wearing it though the whole movie? Wouldn't that make acting nuances pretty difficult to get through seeing as how facial expressions would be mostly hidden by it? I have plenty of faith in Nolan, but I'd think that could really dull the impact of an actor who is as good as Tom Hardy.

Wouldn't that make acting nuances pretty difficult to get through seeing as how facial expressions would be mostly hidden by it?

Bane had to have some type of mask... and Nolan will be able to get the right performance out of Hardy because the mask still shows Bane's eyes, so it was a good compromise. Eyes hold most of the emotion, anyway. I'm more curious how Bane sounds. Darth Vaderish? Would be pretty badass.

Wow...

This has to be the biggest action scene that Nolan has ever filmed. He's usually pretty good about keeping a low profile on his movies, but this is way too big to keep a secret.

Here I am marathoning Batman Begins and Dark Knight tonight. I can't wait to see this.

Mildest of spoilers to the plot...

Per collider.com:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (via Heat Vision) reported today that Roethlisberger and a number of his teammates (including Hines Ward, Willie Colon, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior and Casey Hampton) will appear in scenes that are being filmed at Heinz Field this weekend. Roethlisberger spoke a bit about the nature of their appearance:

“I heard it’s going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I don’t think it will be a big part, it’s not like we’re chasing Batman down or anything. From what I’ve heard, it’s going to be like a pre-game, warming-up type thing. I don’t know the whole concept. There’s a Gotham team, a football game. We’ll be wearing uniforms. It will be fun.”

We knew that Nolan and Co. would be filming scenes involving a football game at Heinz Field, but no one really knew that a big name like Roethlisberger would be among those onscreen. Hopefully the players’ appearance is extremely brief, so as not to distract moviegoers from the film. It’d be a bit strange watching an intense scene in a super-serious Batman movie only to see Roethlisberger show up out of nowhere.

More information regarding the filming is provided from Be In a Movie, the company that has been handling the extras casting for the scene. They reveal that the football game is between the Gotham Rogues and the Rapid City Monuments. They also hint at more than just a football game occurring on the day of filming, saying “Nothing is ever as it seems in Gotham City, especially at such a high profile game…” They also promise “LOTS of special effects and stunt men,” so it’s safe to assume that the game won’t be proceeding as normal.

http://collider.com/ben-roethlisberger-dark-knight-rises-steelers/107824/#more-107824

Hopefully they will be unrecognizable. Just guys in uniforms and helmets, and you would never know it was them except for the credits.

• 4 months later...

The Dark Knight Rises Goes Viral

Yes, this is indeed real viral marketing for The Dark Knight Rises.

Wired posted what it dubs a fake CIA memo that's "a vital clue ... to something." Yes, it's a clue that the publicity blitz for the next Batman film is now officially underway. There's a not so subtle reference to Batman in the article -- a line about "a superstitious, cowardly lot" -- but eagle-eyed Bat-fans will recognize the man in the fake CIA memo as a supporting character in TDKR.

The fake CIA memo is about Dr. Leonid Pavel, a missing Russian nuclear physicist last seen in the Chelyabinsk region.

Dr. Pavel is played in TDKR by Israeli actor Alon Abutbul. The veteran actor (whose credits include episodes of Fringe and Castle) was cast back in May as "an evil scientist." The man in the photo of the fake CIA memo is clearly Abutbul.

There's more! Empire Online has also posted a fake CIA memo, this one an interrogation between a CIA station chief and a militia member about the whereabouts of Dr. Pavel. Check out the transcript.

The TDKR IMAX prologue debuts in select theaters next week, so expect lots more cool Bat-viral marketing from here on out!

confidential2_439762.jpg

transcript.jpg

Was just reading there will be a prologue before the new Mission Impossible movie. Was reading it will be about 7 mins long. Was reading its amazing and also Tom Hardy does an awesome job as Bayne. Not a big fan of the MI movies so hopefully will find this on youtube shortly after. But i guess its shot in iMax.....so im sure it wont be as good online. Cant wait.

Reading reactions from folks who attended advance screenings of the prologue... they seem to be complying with Nolan's request to keep all details a secret, but the general character of their commentary is "OMFG this is going to be incredible."

‘Dark Knight Rises’: Christopher Nolan opens up about Bane choice

There’s nothing sentimental or soft about Gotham City, and that seems to suit Christopher Nolan just fine. The 41-year-old filmmaker fills the screen with grim architecture, hard-luck faces and gun-metal hues; tricks of the mind are his narrative specialty, not affairs of the heart. Still, last Thursday, eating his dinner standing up in a movie theater lobby, Nolan confessed that even he got a bit misty during the final shooting days of “The Dark Knight Rises,” which is (by all appearances) his final visit to the world of Batman.

“I tend not to be too emotional on the set, I find that doesn’t help me do my job,” the writer-director said between bites. “But you definitely get a little lump in your throat thinking that, ‘OK, this is going to be the last time we’re going to be doing this.’ It’s been quite a journey. Hopefully, reflecting that journey — by all of us who made the films — in the three films together will make it so they have a real span to them, some real heft.”

Principal photography on “The Dark Knight Rises” was completed in mid-November after an intense six-month shoot that took Nolan and his veteran crew to India, Scotland and the United States as well as Cardington, England, their home base, where Gotham landmarks are set up inside a massive and moldy, old zeppelin hangar. The movie hits theaters on July 20 but, of course, Nolan is far from finished. He took a break from the editing room last week only to show seven minutes of ”Rises” footage to journalists and bloggers; it’s the same seven-minute preview that, starting this Friday, moviegoers will be able to see as a special trailer before screenings of “Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol” at select IMAX theaters.

For a vast tribe of movie fans, the taciturn Nolan is a figure of fascination and there’s a massive amount of interest in the finale of his Gotham trilogy, which so far has made $1.4 billion in worldwide box office, broke records in home video and generated hundreds of millions more in merchandise and licensing deals. Amateur and professional photographers dogged the ”Rises” production across the globe and every week brought new rumors about the film’s plot, characters, vehicles or costumes. Nolan doesn’t spend much time surfing the Internet (this is the guy who doesn’t have a cellphone or email account), but at a small reception after the Universal City press screening he said he welcomes the Bat-mania for what it represents.

check link for the whole article

Really good article from the L.A. Times, Nolan talks about the 8 year gap and Bane.

I saw a clip on youtube that apparently had Bane's voice from a shoot they were doing. It was...much different than I was expecting (but I guess that's Nolan for you). Then again, because of the mask they may re-dub some of it so who knows if it was even Hardy or what. It was cool, just different than expected. I expected him to sound more deep and guttural.

No bump for this today??? Slacking Batman fans!! :ols:

Well this AM i watched a leaked trailer and the leaked prologue and let me say it was aweosme. Both are coming out in theaters this weekend so im sure youtube will have them!!! Only like 6-7 more months!!

Wasn't it filmed for IMAX? I am sure you will still get the same idea from youtube, but I am actually planning on going to see MI:4 next Friday in IMAX.

Archived