Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: Multiple shot including Congress Woman

MrSilverMaC

I found this kind of funny

Ms. Palin quoted former President Ronald Reagan as saying that society should not be blamed for the acts of an individual. She said, “It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

Now correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Reagan blaming rap music for the decay of the inner city and rises in crime?

So then what's her problem with the "Ground Zero Mosque"?

Just wondering.

If al Qaeda offered to refrain from terrorism for a day in exchange for air time, would some TV outlets give it to them?

If the offer was an honest offer after they had declared an intent to hit a specific target on that specific day, I think you'd have T.V outlets lining up.

Just wondering.

If al Qaeda offered to refrain from terrorism for a day in exchange for air time, would some TV outlets give it to them?

I thought of that exact same comparison. I honestly don't know. Seems like a good thread idea.

At least al Qaeda has somewhat of a mission statement, and the interview might be somewhat eye opening. With the WBC, you already know what you're going to hear.

I found this kind of funny

Ms. Palin quoted former President Ronald Reagan as saying that society should not be blamed for the acts of an individual. She said, “It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”

Now correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Reagan blaming rap music for the decay of the inner city and rises in crime?

Yeah, that and the state of welfare I think.

If the offer was an honest offer after they had declared an intent to hit a specific target on that specific day, I think you'd have T.V outlets lining up.

And you would see an increase in threats,no different than paying ransom.

added

you seriously used the word honest?

And you would see an increase in threats,no different than paying ransom.

added

you seriously used the word honest?

twa's right. It'd never stop. On the other hand, it might be kind of interesting to have an hour long show once a week... let's call it the whacko show, where these nuts get to state their case, rationale, and expose their paranoia and insanity for what it is. The danger would be giving them a platform to recruit. The advantage would be that most of these whackos would be revealed for who and what they are. I suspect it would be fascinating tv or would be like rubbernecking to see the accident you're driving past.

The people who talk about individual responsibility don't chant, "Hold the individual responsible!" when Muslim terrorists strike. They are typically the first ones in line to point the finger at Islam.

And as long as Muslim terrorists use Islam as justification(and Islam endorses jihad) they deserve that finger and more.

something in the water today?...sheez

And as long as Muslim terrorists use Islam as justification(and Islam endorses jihad) they deserve that finger and more.

I don't know if it's that but don't you find it a little hypocritical for Palin to say individuals are the ones responsible and we should follow Reagan when Reagan was blasting rappers as inciting violence?

I don't know if it's that but don't you find it a little hypocritical for Palin to say individuals are the ones responsible and we should follow Reagan when Reagan was blasting rappers as inciting violence?

Many of those who allude to Reagan really refer to the myth of Reagan and either have no clue about the reality of his presidency or conveniently forget a lot of it. To be fair, we all do that. Heck, when we talk about Ben Franklin we usually do that.

Many of those who allude to Reagan really refer to the myth of Reagan and either have no clue about the reality of his presidency or conveniently forget a lot of it. To be fair, we all do that. Heck, when we talk about Ben Franklin we usually do that.

Oh yeah like I was stating in the other thread, we are all hypocrites lol. I am not trying to attack her I just read that quote and thought to myself that was not really an intelligent thing to say, maybe she was just emotional and not thinking straight but it was from a 17 minute video that was planned so I assume she wrote what she was going to say.

or she was assuming that most people wouldn't think too deeply about it because Reagan is generally diefied esp. on the Right. Reagan was also a pretty long time ago at this point. How many details do most of us really remember? Heck, I was a kid through most of Reagan and I'm not old yet.... I'm not!

Oh yeah like I was stating in the other thread, we are all hypocrites lol. I am not trying to attack her I just read that quote and thought to myself that was not really an intelligent thing to say, maybe she was just emotional and not thinking straight but it was from a 17 minute video that was planned so I assume she wrote what she was going to say.

I don't know how planned that really was, given the "blood libel" comment.

I mean, no one thinks that Palin is anti-semitic, but that is a particularly dumb (or deliberately insensitive) phrase to use when a Jewish Congressperson is in critical condition with half her skull missing. I'm casting my vote for dumb. :whoknows:

Weren't many individual rappers inciting violence?

I do agree he was painting with a wide brush condemning all rap though

or she was assuming that most people wouldn't think too deeply about it because Reagan is generally diefied esp. on the Right. Reagan was also a pretty long time ago at this point. How many details do most of us really remember? Heck, I was a kid through most of Reagan and I'm not old yet.... I'm not!

Wait, you're saying she thought other people wouldn't think?

Sounds like the entire reason we even know who she is.

~Bang

I don't know how planned that really was, given the "blood libel" comment.

I mean, no one thinks that Palin is anti-semitic, but that is a particularly dumb (or deliberately insensitive) phrase to use when a Jewish Congressperson is in critical condition with half her skull missing. I'm casting my vote for dumb. :whoknows:

I am going to chalk that up to her just not knowing what it meant. I think a lot of people are not familiar with that phrase.

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 08:14 PM ----------

Yes but it is the point that even if they were inciting violence it should not affect others since according to Palin actions of individuals should not be placed on other people's words.

It's also true if you listen to her that her point is much more important to her than truth. She's very flexible with facts. Getting her view across is much more important to her than accuracy.

Well I would not say she is unique in that point of view, I think many politicians are like that unfortunately.

And if WBC uses Christianity to justify their whackjobism?

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 08:27 PM ----------

Insert reference to James Watts and The Beach Boys attracting an undesirable crowd to the Fourth of July. :)

I am going to chalk that up to her just not knowing what it meant. I think a lot of people are not familiar with that phrase.

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 08:14 PM ----------

Yes but it is the point that even if they were inciting violence it should not affect others since according to Palin actions of individuals should not be placed on other people's words.

Hmm

The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.

In an exclusive statement, famed attorney and Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz defended Sarah Palin’s use of the term “blood libel” from multiple detractors.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/01/12/exclusive-alan-dershowitz-defends-sarah-palins-use-of-term-blood-libel/

"even if they were inciting violence it should not affect others"....Huh?

People who aspire to be President or Vice President should know what that means, and they should think twice about trying to compare their suffering (by being unfairly insulted by a few media figures) to the suffering of the Jews (being unfairly accused of murdering Christian children to use the blood in evil satanic Jewish rituals).

If Sarah Palin doesn't know what blood libel means to Jewish people - AND she doesn't have a single person around her who can red flag that issue for her before she muffs it up - that is really kind of scary to me.

Hmm

This is what she said

It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions

So yes she is directly saying that a rapper telling you to kill someone is fine because it is ultumiately the person committing the crime who is responsible. This is ironic when juxtaposed with Reagan's attack on gangsta rap.

---------- Post added January-12th-2011 at 08:35 PM ----------

People who aspire to be President or Vice President should know what that means, and they should think twice about trying to compare their suffering (by being unfairly insulted by a few media figures) to the suffering of the Jews (being unfairly accused of murdering Christian children to use the blood in evil satanic Jewish rituals).

If Sarah Palin doesn't know what blood libel means to Jewish people - AND she doesn't have a single person around her who can red flag that issue for her before she muffs it up - that is really kind of scary to me.

Well yes it scares me but a lot of politicians scare me and the idea that politicians should not be the smartest and the best society has to offer scares me, but that is for another thread.

Hmm

The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.

In an exclusive statement, famed attorney and Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz defended Sarah Palin’s use of the term “blood libel” from multiple detractors.

http://biggovernment.com/publius/2011/01/12/exclusive-alan-dershowitz-defends-sarah-palins-use-of-term-blood-libel/

Wouldn't be the first time I disagreed with Alan Dershowitz, nor the last. I agree with him that it is not anti-semitic of her. She absolutely is not an anti-semite. No one should ever say that she is.

To the extent that he is implying that it wasn't STUPID of her, that I disagree about. It is stupid. It fits the pattern that she has - that she is the greatest victim of all, so great that no term is too fraught with history to encompass how badly she and her followers have been wronged. Orrrrr.... she is too dumb to even think about it.

Either way, it's just Sarah being Sarah.

And if WBC uses Christianity to justify their whackjobism?

They should be roundly condemned and ostracized...and are.

and as you know Christianity gets the finger pointing from it despite their actions not being endorsed by any church other than their own.

Thankfully many Muslims are getting to that point as well.

Archived