Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Multiple Sources: Multiple shot including Congress Woman

MrSilverMaC

So if a nutjob commits murder and says the murder was justified by his twisted view of an ideology, that ideology and those who preach it are partly responsible for the murder? Or, are you saying that Islam is a twisted ideology and undoubtedly condones suicide bombers and terrorists?

Those that condone or support it yes...as well as Islam HAS been twisted to condone suicide bombers and terrorists.......Unless the moderates lie :)

Look at the surveys of those that approve and draw your own conclusion.

Those that condone or support it yes...as well as Islam HAS been twisted to condone suicide bombers and terrorists.......Unless the moderates lie :)

Look at the surveys of those that approve and draw your own conclusion.

So, men have free will and are solely responsible for their actions ... unless their minds are being controlled by an Imam, in which case the Imam and Islam are jointly liable?

In regard to the Westboro idiots being able to leverege this threat into airtime, I think it's great, and I hope more communities use this method of keeping them away from their protests.

I believe one of the best things you can do with jackoffs like that is LET them speak. They will not do themselves or their "cause" ANY favors.

I sincerely hope the shows they are on accept phone calls, because then anyone that wants to can unload on them and there's not a damn thing that they can do about it except to listen to it, or walk out like cowards.

Put them on the radio. Broadcast it far and wide, and let the people call up and tell those ****ers what everyone really thinks about them. Let people shout them down, let people treat them like they treat everyone else.

And, the DJ should keep their mics cut while the callers are speaking. Let them answer, but don't let them talk over anyone.

I think it's a beautiful move. And I think it will hit those ****s HARD.

Let them talk. It's the worst thing that they can do for themselves.

~Bang

Of course and I'm surprised many more don't realize this too.

Does anyone remember how in the mid 90's (92...93 maybe?) The right came out to denounce "Cop Killer" by Ice-T's band Body Count. They suggested the song would lead to Cops being killed. The left said that's crazy. They're only words.

Funny how things change...or not.

Does anyone remember how in the mid 90's (92...93 maybe?) The right came out to denounce "Cop Killer" by Ice-T's band Body Count. They suggested the song would lead to Cops being killed. The left said that's crazy. They're only words.

Funny how things change...or not.

Should read about Heston at that time

We as human look for cause and effect I remember after Lennon was shot the book The Catcher and the Rye was pretty much banned

So then what's her problem with the "Ground Zero Mosque"?

Probably the same as mine when it comes to the Victory mosque

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 10:12 AM ----------

I found this kind of funny

Now correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Reagan blaming rap music for the decay of the inner city and rises in crime?

I don't recall that, but lets not pretend that a lot of Rap and a lot of Hip hop glorifying violence and bad treatment of women has not had negative influences on the young and the stupid in the hood and the burbs.

The people who talk about individual responsibility don't chant, "Hold the individual responsible!" when Muslim terrorists strike. They are typically the first ones in line to point the finger at Islam.

Yeah that lone wolf Muslim individual is awesome with the multiple daily suicide bombings, the gutting and burning alive of hostages and posting it on the net or intimidating schoolgirls to marry early instead of going to school to remain dumb, pregnant and in the grass / mud hut. I love the moral relativity liberals use :rolleyes:

I don't recall that, but lets not pretend that a lot of Rap and a lot of Hip hop glorifying violence and bad treatment of women has not had negative influences on the young and the stupid in the hood and the burbs.

See above about "cop killer"

So a bad message in music can influence people...but not a bad message in politics?

This thread is absolutely ridiculous. 20 people are shot, 6 killed and all that's left is a fruitless argument about politics.

1,000% agree.

The political landscape in this country is severely broken. I HATE politics due to the fact that every issue gets turned into a right/left debate within seconds. I can't believe how divisive it's become. I wish there was a way to hit the reset button and just have candidates run without party affiliation. Allow them to state their stances on issues and vote for the person. I hate how everything is driven in this two-party system.

I lean right (I guess), but have no ill-will toward the left side. I have many liberal views as well. I wish there were either no parties or 10 parties so this crap could end.

Yeah that lone wolf Muslim individual is awesome with the multiple daily suicide bombings, the gutting and burning alive of hostages and posting it on the net or intimidating schoolgirls to marry early instead of going to school to remain dumb, pregnant and in the grass / mud hut. I love the moral relativity liberals use :rolleyes:

Guess what, there are a billion plus Muslims on Earth. So regardless, the percentage who are terrorists, even if tens of thousands, is an extremely small percentage.

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 11:22 AM ----------

1,000% agree.

The political landscape in this country is severely broken. I HATE politics due to the fact that every issue gets turned into a right/left debate within seconds. I can't believe how divisive it's become. I wish there was a way to hit the reset button and just have candidates run without party affiliation. Allow them to state their stances on issues and vote for the person. I hate how everything is driven in this two-party system.

I lean right (I guess), but have no ill-will toward the left side. I have many liberal views as well. I wish there were either no parties or 10 parties so this crap could end.

This thread is the epitome of what George Washington warned about. It's comical.

See above about "cop killer"

So a bad message in music can influence people...but not a bad message in politics?

By influence via bad message do you mean having people think the GOP means starving children at school, forcing Grandma to cut their medicine in half, take away their social security or that money they have not earned belongs to them because someone else with a better paying job owes them so they must vote democrat?

Where were you when the left was defending the movie Death of an American President or the books with the same theme directed at President Bush? Probably silent or echoing the statement its just art.

By influence via bad message do you mean having people think the GOP means starving children at school, forcing Grandma to cut their medicine in half, take away their social security or that money they have not earned belongs to them because someone else with a better paying job owes them so they must vote democrat?

Where were you when the left was defending the movie Death of an American President or the books with the same theme directed at President Bush? Probably silent or echoing the statement its just art.

Yes ND. That's exactly what I meant. You're like Merlin the Mind-reader.

Where was I? I don't know. Probably working. Or maybe on vaction.

:effinpolitics:

Guess what, there are a billion plus Muslims on Earth. So regardless, the percentage who are terrorists, even if tens of thousands, is an extremely small percentage.

Really? Wow. to think all of those years I was in those countries doing things from providing Aid to peace keeping I didn't know that. Mrs ND would really be upset with me since she is part Turkish. No one is saying all muslims are terrorists and using that tactic does not silence anyone especially me.

However Comma

The Pew Global project published its new report on the American Muslims sentiments comparing them with the Muslims in Islamic countries and in Europe.

Nearly half of Muslims say they think of themselves as

a Muslim “first,” while 28% say they think of

themselves as an American “first.”

To the credit of the American Muslims, only 13% of them say that the suicide bombings are justified. In the European countries, only Germany has the same percentage of Muslims – 13%- who say that the suicide bombing is justified.

In Great Britain, 24% of Muslims say it is justified, in France- 35%(!), in Spain – 25%.

However, in the age category of 18-29 years, the numbers are not so good.

26% of the young Muslims in the USA said they support the suicide bombing. In Great Britain it´s 35%, in France- 42%(!), in Germany- 22% and in Spain it´s 29%.

Just 5% of the American Muslims say they think favourably of al Qayeda. The result would seem very good, if not for one detail: 27% of the American Muslims declined to express their opinion on this terrorist group.

Most Muslims in the U.S. express optimism that a balanced solution to the Israeli-

Palestinian conflict can be found. Indeed, 61% of Muslim Americans say that “a way can be found for Israel to exist so that the rights and needs of the Palestinian people can be taken care of,” compared with 16% who say that the rights and needs of Palestinians cannot be taken care of as long as Israel exists.

The situation is quite different in Islamic countries. 90% of the Muslims in Morocco, 85% of Jordanians, 80% of the Palestinian Arabs, 75% of the Lebanese, 73% of the Kuwait Muslims, 58% of the Pakistanis, 60% of the Indonesians and 49% of the Turks expressed the opinion that ““The rights and needs of the Palestinian people cannot be taken care of as long as the state of Israel exists.”

Pretty sad picture.

* 1 year ago

ND, I would think that a lot of the 18-29 group might change their ideals as they marry and have children and realize the impact of losing loved ones. That tends to be a very radical age for people from all walks of life when you can't imagine the loss of some things. It's just a hunch, I could be wrong and things could be trending in a scary way.

Yes ND. That's exactly what I meant. You're like Merlin the Mind-reader.

:effinpolitics:

Some people have also called me Negrodamus :):rolleyes:

---------- Post added January-13th-2011 at 12:03 PM ----------

ND, I would think that a lot of the 18-29 group might change their ideals as they marry and have children and realize the impact of losing loved ones. That tends to be a very radical age for people from all walks of life when you can't imagine the loss of some things. It's just a hunch, I could be wrong and things could be trending in a scary way.

I think they'll change their ideals too, well definately the ones here in the USA anyway.That primarily because they all do not live in exclusively muslim neighborhoods so they'll get to interact and have the option to assimilate into society easier.

Heck even I was hardcore left until I turned 23 or was it 24?

Probably the same as mine when it comes to the Victory mosque

so let me get this straight mosques and Islam can be blamed for influencing others to do acts that are disagreeable but violent speak and image in connection with political rhetoric can have no inflluence?

so let me get this straight mosques and Islam can be blamed for influencing others to do acts that are disagreeable but violent speak and image in connection with political rhetoric can have no inflluence?

You know it's not going to work. He'll never admit the hypocrisy. Best to save the energy.

You know it's not going to work. He'll never admit the hypocrisy. Best to save the energy.

Is any of the accused advocating violence?

Violent imagery is in the eyes of the beholder...kinda like obscenity

Archived