Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dead Birds, Dead Fish... what is going on?

Springfield

So how do they fall from the sky after hitting houses and cars?
They're hitting houses and cars after falling from the sky.

I think they're falling from the sky because they stop flapping their wings. :thud:

I think they're falling from the sky because they stop flapping their wings. :thud:

Wait,what?....gravity did them in?

Still curious it happening at night, but then again it is just blackbirds....which I can do with less of.

I thought they tracked most of that to imported bees and stressing the colonies??

The bumble bee it seems for certain are a fungus from imported European bees that the natural American bees can't deal with. The honey bees are still less clear, but it appears to be an infectious agent. Maybe even the same fungus.

The dead crabs is actually the easiest to explain....

With that, it really was the cold weather (coldest December in over 100 years for England) as they were all hypothermic. And for them that does happen regularly (though I'm not sure about in such huge numbers.)

Yeah I guess I should've read the article beforehand ha. You would think that those cold-blooded buggers would be used to the cold. Guess we all have a breaking point.

This bird stuff is rather strange though. Since when do birds fly head strong into cars and buildings? And weren't they scattered amongst the ground and countryside, not just next to buildings and cars? Seems odd...has to do with human contamination somehow.

The bumble bee it seems for certain are a fungus from imported European bees that the natural American bees can't deal with. The honey bees are still less clear, but it appears to be an infectious agent. Maybe even the same fungus.

I thought the problem was a type of wasp that had been expanding northward rapidly over the past few years and wiping out bumble/honeybees. I may be confusing two different stories, but does that sound familiar at all?

I thought the problem was a type of wasp that had been expanding northward rapidly over the past few years and wiping out bumble/honeybees. I may be confusing two different stories, but does that sound familiar at all?

No that doesn't sound familiar.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101007183018.htm

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/stories/4-bumblebee-species-on-the-decline-in-north-america

How about this: It is thought that birds use some type of magnetic inner compass to migrate. There is speculation that we are due for a pole shift; in other words the magnetic north and south poles will flip (this has happened before) right around, you guessed it, 2012. Perhaps the magnetic field is in flux and screwing with the birds.

How about this: It is thought that birds use some type of magnetic inner compass to migrate. There is speculation that we are due for a pole shift; in other words the magnetic north and south poles will flip (this has happened before) right around, you guessed it, 2012. Perhaps the magnetic field is in flux and screwing with the birds.

interesting and the timing of your post is strange to me. I just finished reading an article on how the tampa airport had to shut down a runway and remark it due to the changes in magnetic north.

oh, 8000 doves dies in Italy yesterday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344913/Animal-death-mystery-Two-MILLION-dead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html

Mystery of mass animal death epidemic deepens after 8,000 turtle doves fall dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344913/Animal-death-mystery-Two-MILLION-dead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html#ixzz1ANeRgxA4

What happens to a high-flying flock of birds if they run into a sudden hailstorm or very cold air mass? I assume they get pummelled, freeze up, fall out of the sky, whatever.

The strange blue stain on their beaks- that sounds more like poisoning.

What happens to a high-flying flock of birds if they run into a sudden hailstorm or very cold air mass? I assume they get pummelled, freeze up, fall out of the sky, whatever.

The strange blue stain on their beaks- that sounds more like poisoning.

How high to flocks of turtle doves fly normally?

interesting and the timing of your post is strange to me. I just finished reading an article on how the tampa airport had to shut down a runway and remark it due to the changes in magnetic north.

oh, 8000 doves dies in Italy yesterday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344913/Animal-death-mystery-Two-MILLION-dead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html

Mystery of mass animal death epidemic deepens after 8,000 turtle doves fall dead in Italy with strange blue stain on their beaks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1344913/Animal-death-mystery-Two-MILLION-dead-fish-wash-Maryland-bay.html#ixzz1ANeRgxA4

Yes pole shift is a phenomenon that a lot of people aren't familiar with, and according to a lot of material I have read we are due for it next year. It is supposed to coincide with the winter solstice thing as well, but that is a topic for another thread. I think the Earth's magnetic field is shifting and probably has something to do with these bird kills.

I live in Southern MD and have seen the dead fish first hand. I buy the cold water theory because it is small spot dying and being washed up, I havent seen an large rockfish or anything like that.

Archived