Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dead Birds, Dead Fish... what is going on?

Springfield

C'mon we figured this out already, a lot of the bees are actually aliens, and sensing the danger caused by the Daleks via Davros in the Medusa Cascade, they fled Planet Earth, thus allowing The Doctor to track down earth, defeat the Daleks, and restore Earth and the other worlds back to their proper places

s4_e13.jpg

C'mon we figured this out already, a lot of the bees are actually aliens, and sensing the danger caused by the Daleks via Davros in the Medusa Cascade, they fled Planet Earth, thus allowing The Doctor to track down earth, defeat the Daleks, and restore Earth and the other worlds back to their proper places

s4_e13.jpg

Damn son, a Dr. Who reference!

Yes pole shift is a phenomenon that a lot of people aren't familiar with, and according to a lot of material I have read we are due for it next year. It is supposed to coincide with the winter solstice thing as well, but that is a topic for another thread. I think the Earth's magnetic field is shifting and probably has something to do with these bird kills.

Don't believe ANY of that ridiculous 2012 stuff.

I'm begging you.

and fwiw....

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Q: What is the polar shift theory? Is it true that the earth’s crust does a 180-degree rotation around the core in a matter of days if not hours?

A: A reversal in the rotation of Earth is impossible. There are slow movements of the continents (for example Antarctica was near the equator hundreds of millions of years ago), but that is irrelevant to claims of reversal of the rotational poles. However, many of the disaster websites pull a bait-and-shift to fool people. They claim a relationship between the rotation and the magnetic polarity of Earth, which does change irregularly, with a magnetic reversal taking place every 400,000 years on average. As far as we know, such a magnetic reversal doesn’t cause any harm to life on Earth. A magnetic reversal is very unlikely to happen in the next few millennia, anyway.

My wife and I are of the opinion that incidents akin to this happen all the time...maybe just not upon a new year of the sacred Gregorian calendar. With much excitement and frothing mouths, the media puppeteers ran with it... and scoured the earth possible co-incidence. And were damned happy to report their nefarious findings. In my expert opinion, it's to scare the Christian-folk; their God is not happy, likely for allowing condom use.

The end is neigh.

Don't believe ANY of that ridiculous 2012 stuff.

I'm begging you.

and fwiw....

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

Dont worry I do not take that stuff seriously, but its interesting regardless. I do not believe the whole "rotational shift" thing where the earth stops and begins spinning the opposite way. However I do believe in the magnetic field fluctuating and screwing with nature :)

Dont worry I do not take that stuff seriously, but its interesting regardless. I do not believe the whole "rotational shift" thing where the earth stops and begins spinning the opposite way. However I do believe in the magnetic field fluctuating and screwing with nature :)

Good :)

And yes the magnetic field is shifting (it does it all the time.)

It is doing it a bit more recently, hence the closing of the Tampa airport.

http://www.nasa.gov/vision/earth/lookingatearth/29dec_magneticfield.html

......The pole kept going during the 20th century, north at an average speed of 10 km per year, lately accelerating "to 40 km per year," says Newitt. At this rate it will exit North America and reach Siberia in a few decades.

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 07:55 AM ----------

[/color]

Never fear, soon you will hear it's due to global warming.;)

I have seen this already! :)

---------- Post added January-7th-2011 at 08:05 PM ----------

The dead crabs is actually the easiest to explain....

With that, it really was the cold weather (coldest December in over 100 years for England) as they were all hypothermic. And for them that does happen regularly (though I'm not sure about in such huge numbers.)

This is pure lunacy.

I lived in jersey most of my life and the Bay there would freeze on occasion. Never had a mass die off as they simply bury themselves in the mud.

This is pure lunacy.

I lived in jersey most of my life and the Bay there would freeze on occasion. Never had a mass die off as they simply bury themselves in the mud.

Good for them. What does that have to do with crabs in England though?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40949034/ns/technology_and_science-science/

...In the past, environmental scientists ran tests to check for disease or other physiological problems with the crabs, coming up empty-handed. But Child said every year the die-offs have occurred after there was snow on the beaches. The mel****er causes temperatures near shore to drop, and Child said the deaths must be linked to hypothermia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12123649

Tens of thousands of crabs washed up on Thanet's beaches in Kent died as a result of the recent cold weather, experts say.

It is the third year running crabs have been washed up in huge numbers. The Environment Agency has investigated and is satisfied freezing conditions are to blame.

You're saying it's just a coincidence that these dies off are coinciding with (record) cold winters?

Good for them. What does that have to do with crabs in England though?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40949034/ns/technology_and_science-science/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12123649

You're saying it's just a coincidence that these dies off are coinciding with (record) cold winters?

I'm saying that I don't believe that is the cause. 'Record' cold temps for England mean little to the ocean. The ocean is not affected by Englands temps per say. It is a big mass of water ya know.....

Here is a quote from the article you posted:

In the past, environmental scientists ran tests to check for disease or other physiological problems with the crabs, coming up empty-handed. But Child said every year the die-offs have occurred after there was snow on the beaches. The mel****er causes temperatures near shore to drop, and Child said the deaths must be linked to hypothermia.

Thousands of dead crabs on England's beaches

Cold weather drives lady butterflies wild

Ancient squidlike creature's last meal revealed

.."I don't really know the cause but it seems to be cold-related," Child said.

Are we seriously supposed to believe a little snow run off is going to raise the temps in the ocean enough to where these poor crabs can''t figure out to go deeper?

Seriously? And you believe this? This guy doesn't even believe his own reason.

But you add this to the other bizarre animal deaths and its not frost chief...JMO though.

'Record' cold temps for England mean little to the ocean. The ocean is not affected by Englands temps per say. It is a big mass of water ya know.....

:ols::ols:

You're joking right? The ocean and temps have always and will always be related. ESPECIALLY in a country like England.

And in any case the record cold didn't just decide to skip over the water and just affect land. Temps aren't that intelligent.

Are we seriously supposed to believe a little snow run off is going to raise the temps in the ocean enough to where these poor crabs can''t figure out to go deeper?

No, the records snows melting would cool the ocean. Hence the hypothermia...

Seriously? And you believe this? This guy doesn't even believe his own reason.

You have something better?

They've been through this the past three years and that the best real scientists who know what they're talking about have tested and come up with.

But you add this to the other bizarre animal deaths and its not frost chief...JMO though.

Yep the other deaths are indeed bizarre

Archived