Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For some old extremers here you will get a kick out of this

jbooma

Well, I know who Andyman was, but I'd have to have the higher up who swore me to secrecy tell me the statute of limitations is up before I'll spill.

Die Hard?

~Bang

You know for knowing sake. Nothing is gained by sharing with the masses.... unless the intention is to stroke your own ego (generally speaking). And all things being equal, my M.O. was always to keep things in confidence... because I really wanted to know for myself anyways... and it would be more likely that people would share more things with me down the line if they knew they could trust me. Rather than grab 5 minutes of fame :)

You see the way insiders are treated here anyways? :lol:

You know for knowing sake. Nothing is gained by sharing with the masses.... unless the intention is to stroke your own ego (generally speaking). And all things being equal, my M.O. was always to keep things in confidence... because I really wanted to know for myself anyways... and it would be more likely that people would share more things with me down the line if they knew they could trust me. Rather than grab 5 minutes of fame :)

You see the way insiders are treated here anyways? :lol:

And that's all she wrote.

I'll take it to my grave.

~Bang

Brunell's dad posted for a while too. Poor guy.

Ha! I had no idea he was here. that must have been right around when the site was overrun by the screeching masses.

Man, I can only guess how badly he must have felt reading all the venom about his son.

~Bang

There seemed to be more insider information a few years back...

Yeah, there really was. It was a special time in the life of this board I guess. While I still enjoy yakking it up with my tailgate buddies, the stadium has lost some relevance although it's still the finest of any of the other 31 teams. It was something to know about moves before the national media did. I'd tell my friends one thing or another and they'd insist I was crazy only to have it show up on SI later in the day. I guess that's a hard thing to manage if you're on the team side, without showing your hand (as we saw), but I really wish they would find some way to bring back a little bit of the insider feeling the site used to have.

Ha! I had no idea he was here. that must have been right around when the site was overrun by the screeching masses.

Man, I can only guess how badly he must have felt reading all the venom about his son.

~Bang

Was he the one that started the Blame Brunnell thread?

I remember that people were jokingly blaming Brunnell for everything from global warming and sun spots to puppies pooping on the carpet.

Archived