Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

Tell you what Westbrook. You win this round. But, keep an eye on this thread. In 2-3 years, the Redskins under Mike Shanahan will be a competitive team that will start to challenge for the NFC East crown. Laugh all you want now, and enjoy your win. But if you deny the Redskins haven't become a better team than they were last year, then you are ignoring a lot of change.

Marginally better. I think we were 3-6 at this point last year; now we're 4-5. Whoopdee doo. Still vast voids of talent that even an experienced HOF-bound coach can't overcome. And while Zorn's teams got their butts kicked at the end last year and had the "swinging gate" embarrassment, we didn't experience anything on the level of tonight. FITTY NINE!!!!!!!

I'm not giving up on the season yet and agree that Shanahan should succeed here in the long run. But tonight, the Eagles definitely deserve to gloat......this was a butt whipping of the highest magnitude.

Surprise, surprise, WB36 just happens to NOT be on leave or whatever else excuse he has after we beat the Eagles. Good timing for you, huh, Westy?

Enjoy this one. I have a feeling the Eagles are in for some humble pie real soon.

I think last night was a "perfect storm" for the Skins. Has to be a lot of blame put on Haslett/Shanahan for not having their players "up" for that game considering they had 2 weeks to prepare. Giving up a TD for 88 yards on the first play of the game, 3 stupid running plays for a 3&out for the skins, and then the quick score to make it 14-0 shocked the Skins D and they let the Eagles offense dictate to them the rest of the game. Tough game for skins/fans. Good news for skins fans is I remember the Eagles destroying the 49ers (40-7 or something like that) @ Candlestick in the mid 90s and the niners went on to win the SB.

As an Iggle fan, I was torqued that they let McNabb look good with those two bombs to make it 35-14. I mean you are winning by 35 and you have to run the clock out for 45 minutes. WHO CARES if they get 10 yards a carry, don't give up anything deep. Play nickel defense every play. Fortunately Skins had no answer for Vick.

Vick/Eagles played well, but there's a lot of football left and I'm hoping they're not listening to all the knob gobbling going on. I do know that I hope the skins don't make the playoffs because I wouldn't want the Eagles to have to play them after tonight's game. Fletcher would probably decapitate someone.

Oh, I'm done fighting. I bow. I am humbled. I am humiliated by my team again. By far the worst loss of my 34 years as a fan. Westy congrats. I think that elusive lombardi is on its way to philly too.

Dude don't bow...your team had an awful night but the Eagles have had plenty of them too. Understand being pissed, but you shouldn't have to give in to one of us opposition fan's trash talking. If you have no other reply, use the standard drunk answer: "F you".

The Skins will be fine this coming week and will play the Titans tough. No way Shanny doesn't have them up for this game. NFL players have a lot of pride, and nothing motivates them more than a loss like this.

The Eagles can be beat, and there are plenty of defenses out there that can put a lot of pressure on Vick, not to mention their D.

PF

Normalcy has been restored to the NFC East.

Does normalcy mean no SB trophy for Philly this season? :)

Bow down. Bow down. As a matter of fact, everyone stand up where you are at now and give the Philadelphia Eagles a standing ovation. They deserve it.

I will. Dude is sick. He's even better at playing football than he is at murdering pets. :)

It's amazing to see what an athlete like Vick is capable of when he needs capital for a startup crime ring. That offseason contract should get the wheels on that bus moving again- good for him.

What a performance, Eagles all of a sudden look like the team to beat in the NFC

Normalcy has been restored to the NFC East. It is mid November and the Skins are in the highlights for all the wrong reasons while the Eagles are yet again competing for the division title. What was the name of that truck that just smacked you in the mouth? 59 points!!!! Most points in NFL history on Monday night. We probably could have put 80 on you if we didn't let off the gas. Thank god you resigned McNabb! 3 more INTs including a pick six. Awesome. This deal of overpaying for old former talent reminds me of Jeff George, Deion Sanders and Bruce Smith. Dock, still think you won that trade?

Man, it must have been awesomw watching first play of the game and watching Jackson, who some of you spent 21 pages trying to convince yourselves that he was average, run right by your entire defense.

Bow down. Bow down. As a matter of fact, everyone stand up where you are at now and give the Philadelphia Eagles a standing ovation. They deserve it.

Go polish your trophies...oh, wait....

You know I could sit here and make excuses about why we lost...like every point was from a blown assingment, or missed call, or some flimsy-assed excuse like that. But I am not an Eagles fan. I can actually give credit where credit is due. I am above things like booing Santa Claus, throwing batteries, intentionally vomiting on 11-year old girls (ok that was Phillies -- but I bet that jackwagon was an Eagles fan too), or cheering when someone breaks their neck.

You're a class act, Westy. :rolleyes:

I have no issues with the Eagles team. They were far superior last night and deserved the victory. But Eagles fans should feel damn lucky lawyers grow on trees and our society has successfully neutered survival of the fittest. Because the complete lack of self-control and class I witnessed last night were ridiculous. And it started 30 minutes BEFORE kickoff. I so regret not rocking the Eagle fan that sat behind me last night. If douchebags had a king... I defiinitely met him.

Dude don't bow...your team had an awful night but the Eagles have had plenty of them too. Understand being pissed, but you shouldn't have to give in to one of us opposition fan's trash talking. If you have no other reply, use the standard drunk answer: "F you".

The Skins will be fine this coming week and will play the Titans tough. No way Shanny doesn't have them up for this game. NFL players have a lot of pride, and nothing motivates them more than a loss like this.

The Eagles can be beat, and there are plenty of defenses out there that can put a lot of pressure on Vick, not to mention their D.

PF

I livedin Philly for the last decade and a half since law school and recently moved home to Ashburn. I have so much crowe to eat today you have no idea. My holidays are going to be an absolute nightmare back in Cherry Hill NJ with my family. I am ashamed to be a skins fan today. But you're right. I probably shouldn't give a troll the pleasure on our board. Thanks for the pep talk bud. I am so glad to be a part of this board where I can always find guys who "get it".

PF

Agreed with most of this, but I have a hard time having confidence in the bolded part when after losing to the lions & being embarrassed for two weeks that we still weren't up for this game. How much more motivation do you need? Not saying the Skins will lose to the Titans, but I can't be confident that a loss like this will automatically motivate them when that's what was supposed to happen against the Eagles.

Having said that, **** the Eagles!

It will take a while before our team catches up to the Eagles. They have been a consistently competitive team the past decade. That's what we all hope for one day. And although they didn't win a Super Bowl in that span, they have continued to restock so the window doesn't look to be closing for them anytime soon. Hell, we are helping them restock by putting more young talent on their team while making our team older. I still don't see any real direction in this franchise. We should model our team after the Eagles, or Packers, or Steelers. Those teams will consistently be better than us, because they have totally different philosophies on how to BUILD a team. I know some people will point out that we beat two of those teams, but we were playing the Packers 2nd and 3rd stringers due to injury(and they were still very competitive because of their DEPTH), and the Eagles came back with a vengeance last night.

The Packers are releasing solid veterans like Al Harris because they have TOO MANY young talented CB's. The Steelers are trading away former Super Bowl MVP's while young guys are coming right in to fill the void. The Eagles just traded away their leader from the last 11 years for a starting young FS and another pick while they have Vick AND Kolb waiting in the wings.

Our team is in shambles.

Typical, When eagles win, he shows up, when they don't, he is no where to be found. He was afraid all week that the redskins might beat the eagles, so he didnt say a word. Atleast be a man about it hahaha. All the matters:

Superbowls-

Redskins 3

Eagles 0

EDIT: BTW, you do realize you beat us the same number of times we beat you.... right?

The Eagles, in year 11 or 12 of their regime are ahead of the Redskins in year 1 of theirs. Hands down. The Eagles are ready to compete for the playoffs this year and the Redskins don't seem to be. All in all, we split the season series with them.

Hopefully we are still playing for something in November and December in a year or two...I think we have to give the new front office and coaching staff some time to TRULY restore normalcy to the NFC East (Skins contending).

Archived