Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

Be honest. Doesn't it suck that every single year in which you guys hype up your team and talk about how terrible the Eagles are going to be because of ____ always winds up with you guys deeply wishing your team's situation was reversed with them?

Who hyped up the Skins? Certainly not the media. Just about everyone had us picked to finish last, which likely won't happen.

And I think before the season started, most Skins fans would have been delighted with a 4-4 start after last season's mess.

Oh, and regarding your Kolb thread...yes, he looked AWESOME yesterday.

The Eagles are what they are. They're always in the mix, and they always break their fans' hearts in the end. Who says this year is any different?

Enjoy the win over the Colts, because a loss by your boys Monday night at FedEx would put us ahead of you with a 3-0 record in the division and 5-2 in-conference. It would also leave you guys at 0-2 in the division and 3-3 in-conference. Not to mention, it would leave you with a tidy sweep at the hands of the Skins. :)

I was surprised there were absolutely no comments on the Eagles game in this forum. Actually, I'm not.

Maybe because nobody gives a **** about the Eagles? :whoknows: :insane::shhh::jerk::bfd::sucks::stfu::eaglesuck:rolleyes:

Be honest. Doesn't it suck that every single year in which you guys hype up your team and talk about how terrible the Eagles are going to be because of ____ always winds up with you guys deeply wishing your team's situation was reversed with them?

And every year your trophy case is still empty. Looks like every single year you are just as disappointed (if not more because of the expectations) as we are.

I was surprised there were absolutely no comments on the Eagles game in this forum. Actually, I'm not. I wonder how many pages the thread would be celebrating their loss if they had lost yesterday.

First off, thanks for the jinx. Like clockwork.

Secondly, you're berating Skins fans for failing to comment on Eagle's wins? Really? We don't talk about the Eagles when they win. That's true. However, you don't talk about the Eagles when they lose. Other than the times you announce you're done with them.

Keep up the good work, Jinxbrook36.

Hey, why don't you want to talk Eagles, dock? :laugh:

Being that you travel so much, you probably didn't watch the game. I did.

Let me say that the Eagles looked good. Well coached and well rested after the bye as always. Vick looked fine IMO. He has looked better this year, but he threw some very nice balls, and I think played a great game. OK he had a few that should have been INTs but he did fine. But I'm not ready to anoint the Eagles because of a few things. First, the Colts defense is quite bad. Nothing like the Redskins will give them next week. Second, they looked extremely sloppy. The game was almost unwatchable with all the penalties. Also, I think Kolb gets klobbered if he's behind center yesterday. That's why the Eagles won't be able to get it done against a better defense this year. Vick was quick to look around and get his feet moving because he does not trust the line. Deservedly so. They're horrible. So teams will be able to go back to the classic Vick defense. Force him to keep throwing, and don't allow the Eagles Vick to beat you with his feet. The Giants are playing far and away the best in the division. Their defense is playing lights out. So the Eagles will have to face 2 very good defenses in the next 2 weeks. Could the Eagles come out of the NFC this year? Sure, it's a week to week league, that much is proven. The skins game will show a little, but the giants game will show a lot. And Bradley in coverage is a disaster still.

Congrats the Eagles beat a team ravaged by injuries caused by oh right us.

Play the Colts again when they have Clark and Addai. You guys lose by 14.

There's no way Clark drops those easy passes over the top. Tamme/hamme whatever his name was, had westys coverage beat everytime but couldn't catch the ball to save his life.

Maybe because nobody gives a **** about the Eagles? :whoknows: :insane::shhh::jerk::bfd::sucks::stfu::eaglesuck:rolleyes:

And every year your trophy case is still empty. Looks like every single year you are just as disappointed (if not more because of the expectations) as we are.

QFT, who cares? Westys team still hasn't done anything yet, not now, not previously, and not in westys lifetime. The only one who cares is westy.

First off, thanks for the jinx. Like clockwork.

Secondly, you're berating Skins fans for failing to comment on Eagle's wins? Really? We don't talk about the Eagles when they win. That's true. However, you don't talk about the Eagles when they lose. Other than the times you announce you're done with them.

Keep up the good work, Jinxbrook36.

That's exactly what I was thinking....so he comes on here to tell us we aren't talking about the birds when they are winning, but when's the last time he ate his crow when they were losing? It just happens EVERY week this dude has to 'work' when they lose, but if they are winning he's creating a new thread. LOL, EPIC FAILURE!

:rotflmao:

The most fair of fair-weather fans of the Eagles is BACK!

And, why shouldn't I be surprised. When a guy gives up on his team when they're down, he's sure to be back hard on their jock when they're up.

I hope we don't hurt Vick again next week.

:ols:

Without wading through all the fish-rising-to-the-bait posts, I'll give my Iggles fan evaluation of yesterday's team:

First, totally unfair that the NFL schedules a team to go on the road after a short week to play a team that just came off of it's bye. No team should get that much advantage.

Second, the refereeing yesterday was horrible. Going both ways.

To the game. Eagles really dominated that game, except they couldn't put it in the endzone. Settling for four field goals after being 1st and goal is not the way to beat Peyton, and they were fortunate it didn't come back to bite them in the butt.

Negatives: Way to many penalties, even if you exclude the BS ones. 3rd and 2 with chance to ice the game and you get a 5yarder? Inexcusable.

Eagles defense still can't cover a tight-end to save their lives. I understand you're worried about Collie and Wayne, but you can't let a 2nd stringer get going that much. Did I mention you have to score TDs?

Positives: Beat Peyton. Patterson did well. No turnovers. Good drive in the 4th to chew up time. Good job against Matthis & Freeney. Samuel.

Overall I think the Eagles are a top 8 team in the NFC right now. A win on the road next week would jump them to top-5 IMO. They're letting teams stay in games and it's making for nail-biting (or worse) finishes (Titans, 49ers, Colts). It will be interesting to see if this Eagles team performs like teams in the past wrt November & December games.

:rotflmao:

The most fair of fair-weather fans of the Eagles is BACK!

And, why shouldn't I be surprised. When a guy gives up on his team when they're down, he's sure to be back hard on their jock when they're up.

I hope we don't hurt Vick again next week.

:ols:

I know right, this guy just never learns. His team is full of lightweights, I hope they can make it through this game, last time they weren't so fortunate.

I now feel special, I'm getting called out by westy, if I didn't feel that I would jinx any luck the skins had I'd start making predictions like tr1 about the birds. Seems he's always right about the pukes!

EDIT: Hello? Westy? You there? (I don't doubt you will respond because you aren't 'working' this week) bwahahaha

You probably find it quite appropriate to jump around and ***** about a call when a player is hurt on the ground after taking a shot to the head.

I will not bow to that.

I was saying he had a good game. Don't think I was bowing down. He had every right to be pissed, although could have done without the histrionics.

I thought the Eagles season would turn out similar to how the Cowboys' year has unfolded. That concussion Kolb got in week 1 was the luckiest break the Eagles have gotten all year long.

Without wading through all the fish-rising-to-the-bait posts, I'll give my Iggles fan evaluation of yesterday's team:

We're not fish. We know what Westy is doing. It just gives us something to do during the bye week and helps us to call out a fan that won't show up after losses. He's not fooling anyone.

EDIT: Hello? Westy? You there? (I don't doubt you will respond because you aren't 'working' this week) bwahahaha

Sigh. You can't be this dense, can you, Tweeder? Whenever you are about to ask where I am, add 9 hours to whatever time it is where you are at. If that time is in the middle of then night, I am probably sleeping.

I always post within 24 hours of a game, win or lose, traveling or not traveling. Again, I can't post right after a game if it was a 4 oclock game and it is 4am my time.

Anyway, I have enjoyed this thread completely. So much intrigue and drama. Just think, as recently as a week ago, dock was still contending the Skins won the McNabb trade. :laugh:

I wonder if he will get benched again in front of a national TV audience this week?

Just so you guys know, the Eagles get a 3rd rounder if he makes the ProBowl this year. There is a huge campaign on all the Eagles message boards to vote him in, even though his performance says he shouldn't even be a starter in the NFL anymore. :laugh:

Archived