Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

Man, guys... I love all my 'Skins fan brothers... But, let's just admit we ran into a much better, more prepared team last night. Wish our offense looked like that... And Avant and Cooper are their 3rd and 4th receivers! Good lord.

I've coached a lot of sports (travel soccer, basketball, flag football) from 5 y/os to high school aged and what happened last night can/does happen at any level, amateur to multi-million dollar paid professionals. Giving up that first touchdown and the 3 and out by the Skins just threw the whole team for such a loop they were reeling. Offensively it took them until the 2nd quarter to get their feet under them but it's like stopping to tie your shoes in a 1/2 mile race. There was no way they could catch up. Defensively, have to blame Haslett for that, as they never recovered. And, EVERYTHING went the Eagles way. EVERYTHING.

This week will be the week to find out if the Skins made a good choice in hiring Shanahan & trading for McNabb. He doesn't have to win, but he has to show he can rally the troops and motivate the team.

BTW, I applaud you for your approach. Eagles speed/execution coupled with the Skins extremely slow start put it out of reach quick. I understand fans despise Vick, and I think the actions deplorable, but I really question as to how much hate people can bottle up and not let go. The man admitted his wrongdoing, served his punishment, and by the looks of it has made a major change in his life. Understand he's on the Eagles and they are all that is "unholy", but people hoping that Vick would have his leg(s) broken really make me question THEIR true motivations.

It will take a while before our team catches up to the Eagles.

Positives for skins roster is that they have some talent in important postions (LT, Pass rusher, Rodgers). I really question the McNabb trade (and other moves) unless they thought they could win this year, although I do understand that the NFL allows teams to improve significantly from one year to the next. Just seemed to me that new defense, new offense, new QB, new coaches and a bunch of new players would be a lot to overcome in the first year and expect to be competitive. Amazingly, except for 2 games they have been competitive, so that's impressive, IMO. Not sure how they can fill all the holes they need to with this upcoming offseason, but they must think they can, otherwise why the re-sign of DM?

I do think a RT, G, good WR and a LB or two to fit the system and the skins would be much more competitive. Lot to find/fill, but every team has holes/weaknesses.

Nothing to say after that debacle. I mean, what can you say? We were destroyed. Worst beating in my 36 years as a fan. No excuses. We got our ass whooped. Maybe we'll win another SB, while I'm lying on my deathbed at age 80. I can see it now, Redskins kick the winning FG in the NFC Championship game, I die right there, then we win the SB and I'll never know it.

if Vick goes down so do the eagles. I so hope he ends up in wheelchair after giants game, im sorry but I hate rich people get second chances all the time and regular folks get a life sentance for less! If they win SB with him on helm I will never watch NFL again!

if Vick goes down so do the eagles. I so hope he ends up in wheelchair after giants game, im sorry but I hate rich people get second chances all the time and regular folks get a life sentance for less! If they win SB with him on helm I will never watch NFL again!

Don't be sorry for having no class...it is what it is. As much as skins/other fans say Philly fans have no class, the number of "I hope DJ or MV has his legs broken" on this site is appalling. It's a freaking game. For entertainment. No one gets their birthday taken away if their team loses.

Rich people ALWAYS get second/more chances. Always have, always will. Life's unfair.

Eagles have to be a favorite to win the NFC based on this game. Not because the Skins are a contender (we aren't) but because of the total dominance of Vick and the victory over the Colts.

There is not a team in the NFC (and perhaps the NFL) that looks as good right now.

Eagles have to be a favorite to win the NFC based on this game. Not because the Skins are a contender (we aren't) but because of the total dominance of Vick and the victory over the Colts.

There is not a team in the NFC (and perhaps the NFL) that looks as good right now.

And who will be the flavor the week next Tuesday? This paragraph seems to change week to week.

Umm, the New England Patriots? Tom Brady DESTROYED the vaunted Steelers D on SNF. 30-43, 350 yds, 3 tds passing, 1-3, 3 yds, 1 TDs rushing. Vick put up his numbers on the statistically worst D in the league. Brady put his numbers up against a top 10 statistical D.

Weren't some folks saying similar things about the Falcons less than a week ago?

Up until the Cowboys game, I thought the Giants did. Better lines on both sides of the ball and they were playing great defense.

Philly has two very difficult games coming up which will give everyone a sense of how good the team is when they are complete. Chicago's Defense (will get 10 days to prepare for the Eagles) right after Giants D will give a sense as to whether Vick can continue to put up good numbers. I take Monday's game as a once-in-a-decade fluke. Everything dropped right for the Eagles. Unrealistic to expect them to continue that.

Up until the Cowboys game, I thought the Giants did. Better lines on both sides of the ball and they were playing great defense.

Philly has two very difficult games coming up which will give everyone a sense of how good the team is when they are complete. Chicago's Defense (will get 10 days to prepare for the Eagles) right after Giants D will give a sense as to whether Vick can continue to put up good numbers. I take Monday's game as a once-in-a-decade fluke. Everything dropped right for the Eagles. Unrealistic to expect them to continue that.

I agree with most of that. Teams get blown out. It doesn't mean one is phenomenal and one is a scrub, it just means on that day, the game was over before it started.

Giants I still think are the team to beat, even with the loss to Dal.

I will not, for one moment, believe the Eagles have a Super Bowl team. They've got a team in which their greatest weapon (Vick) and their other biggest weapon (Jackson) can get injured at any moment with just the simplest of tackles. Vick plays like he doesn't care about that, which is courageous I guess but the very reason he's not reliable. Jackson, on the other hand, is a little girl and only acts hard after catching a ball in stride for a TD. When he got hit cleanly by friggin DeAngelo Hall (yes, Hall who is not much bigger than he is, lol) on a screen pass he laid on the floor for like an extra couple seconds reeling.

So a team who's greatest threat are two offensive weapons that are huge risks in terms of injury every game they play and a defense absolutely no one is scared of is not to be feared in my mind. Now, if they can manage to stay healthy and have games where absolutely everything goes their way in the 1st Quarter and Reid totally out-schemes a defense, then yeah, they're scary. Otherwise, they'll probably win enough games to make the playoffs until they run into an actual championship caliber Defense.

I will not, for one moment, believe the Eagles have a Super Bowl team. They've got a team in which their greatest weapon (Vick) and their other biggest weapon (Jackson) can get injured at any moment with just the simplest of tackles.

Well this is just nuts. Any team can lose a star player and lose contention.

Complain about their O line. Complain about their depleted secondary. Complain about the complete lack of discipline the team has shown this year with penalties. Complain about the historical coaching gaffes that Reid makes year after year. Those are reasons they won't win a championship. But complaining that their star QB will get hurt? Come on.

Well this is just nuts. Any team can lose a star player and lose contention.

Complain about their O line. Complain about their depleted secondary. Complain about the complete lack of discipline the team has shown this year with penalties. Complain about the historical coaching gaffes that Reid makes year after year. Those are reasons they won't win a championship. But complaining that their star QB will get hurt? Come on.

I think you should look up the word "complaining" in the dictionary, lol. ;)

How am I complaining about anything? I'm confused, honestly. No, I don't believe the Eagles have a Super Bowl caliber team... not sure how that can be construed as complaining, but whatever. And the question there you ask makes absolutely no sense. Yes, Vick is a "star QB", but are you trying to tell me he is like any other "star QB" in terms of being a risk for injury? Are you trying to say other QBs put their bodies at risk even 10% as much as Vick does? Are you kidding me?

I mean, did you not notice the qualifier I added to my statement about their two greatest weapons? That they can get hurt "with the simplest of tackles"? You do understand the difference between, say, a WR like Brandon Marshall vs. one like Desean when they're being tackled, right?

Come on, dock. :)

I think you should look up the word "complaining" in the dictionary, lol. ;)

How am I complaining about anything? I'm confused, honestly. No, I don't believe the Eagles have a Super Bowl caliber team... not sure how that can be construed as complaining, but whatever. And the question there you ask makes absolutely no sense. Yes, Vick is a "star QB", but are you trying to tell me he is like any other "star QB" in terms of being a risk for injury? Are you trying to say other QBs put their bodies at risk even 10% as much as Vick does? Are you kidding me?

I mean, did you not notice the qualifier I added to my statement about their two greatest weapons? That they can get hurt "with the simplest of tackles"? You do understand the difference between, say, a WR like Brandon Marshall vs. one like Desean when they're being tackled, right?

Come on, dock. :)

Dock doesn't like your comments because they can be construed to mean that if no one gets hurt, the Eagles potentially have a SB caliber team. Dock's irrational hate towards the Eagles will never allow a statement like this to be uttered on here unchallenged.

Archived