Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

The secondary looked great; what game were you watching? :laugh:

Aside from Mikell committing PI on 3rd and 14, I'd be really interested in hearing your explanation on how they looked terrible. The NFL leader in TDs was largely shut down. Bradley looked meh in coverage as usual but Boss was shut down.

How about the OL that you continually harp on week after week? After they gave up 11 sacks in their first 2 games, they have really steadied. Vick routinely had 3-4 seconds on most plays to survey the field against the best DL in football.

I know this is painful for you, dock. You hate the Eagles more than tr1 hates the Cowboys. Just concede the obvious; the Eagles might not be the best team in the NFL but they are among a handful of teams that can reasonably walk away with the Lombardi this year.

This just kills me on so many levels. Let me be completely transparent that the first and most annoying level is that I happen to agree with you for the most part. I think the Eagles with Vick are the most complete team in the league. I wouldn't have said that before when the defense couldn't stop the run but amazingly they fixed it. Most teams can't do that. Just fix their glaring weakness. Same for the O-line. granted they don't need to be as good with Vick but they are improved regardless. Kudos to reid and company.

Now, on to the other annoyances: Westy, I'm sorry but your "I'm working" schedule is just ridiculous. Just admit you are a coward who can only give it and can't take it. The same way you "concede" by saying "but you suck anyway and I was right". You're just like the team you root for - arrogant and a bully who likes to play with the lead. Can't handle it when someone stands up to you or you're losing but you can sure pile it on when you're on top.

Lastly, this quote:

"might not be the best team in the NFL but they are among a handful of teams that can reasonably walk away with the Lombardi this year"

How can you say that? Seriously man. How can you even discuss the Lombardi trophy? You're franchise has NEVER walked away with that trophy. NEVER. Not when they were closing down the Vet 14 point favorites over the bucs who couldn't win in weather below 45 degrees. Not when the hapless Carolina Panthers came to town again big underdogs. Not on the field in St. Louis. Not against the Saints before they were the Saints in the big easy. Not even against the freakin cardinals. Not even at the big dance against the Pats. Never. Every single year in the history of that pathetic organization they have found a way to choke it away. Every single time. Without fail. They have brough choke to an art-form. And I do say "choke" because the MAJORITY of those situations they SHOULD have won the whole damn thing. But they didn't. Because they couldn't. You talk repeatedly about "restoring normalcy" and then have the audacity to talk about that ridiculous excuse of a city being one that can "reasonably walk away with a lombardi?"

Unless you're talking about a guy in South Philly who makes Italian chicken and spinach sandwiches, you're NEVER walking away with a Lombardi. Because God won't let that miserable team get one. If you want to see one, come on down to Ashburn and take a look at one of our three cuz that's as close as you're ever getting and it really doesn't even matter how good your team is. Its not about that. Its never been about that. Otherwise, we'd be talking about your five lombardi's already instead of my beautiful memories of TO doing sit-ups, Ronde Barber dancing ito the end-zone, Warren Sapp exclaiming "blow it up" at the close of the Vet, Stinkston and Trash knocking balls into the waiting arms of Carolina's finest, and Freddie Mitchell calling out Rodney Harrison before being knocked out of the league by him.

How you can even talk about a Lombardi is hysterical to me. I admit, with the terrible shape my skins have been in for the past decade, the only true joy I get out of the NFL season each and every year without fail is watching you idiots from Philthy get your damn hearts broken and return to worshiping a fictitious boxer or your baseball team for comfort. I don't know how it'll happen this year. I just know its going to be epic when it does. I'm only talking to you about it now Westy because on the day it actually happens, I am positive . . . . you'll have to work.

This eagles team is looking like the eagles of old when McNabb was still mobile enough to get it done with his feet. The eagles need a QB/RB hybrid to compensate for their lack of a real running game.

Eagles - 3rd in NFL rushing yards per game (Giants #5, Skins #22)...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2010&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

We are all very proud of you guys. Win one. Just one. Then come talk crap on our board. Just one. You don't have to win three just one.

Hey Iggles fan, you got Eskin and Cataldi and company all planning the parade route yet? Love you guys. So funny. Come February you'll be blaming Reid for not running the ball, or failing to save timeouts, or some idiot removing his helmet and costing them with a 15 yard penalty at a crucial point in a huge game and planning for your big chicken wing eating contest. God, your city is just fantastic to watch.

We are all very proud of you guys. Win one. Just one. Then come talk crap on our board. Just one. You don't have to win three just one.

Win one what? Who cares...

I love how this is brought up ad-nauseum, to camouflage the truth of the argument at hand.

Tell you what, I'll gladly trade our empty trophy case for over a decade of consistent, competitive, winning football. As opposed to the years of on-field garbage, true Skins fans have had to endure.

BTW - Your SIg

Don't understand how any Skins fan can glorify the lazy, miscreant, thief that Albert Haynesworth certainly is. He's brought little more than embarrassment and ridicule to your team.

Win one what? Who cares...

I love how this is brought up ad-nauseum, to camouflage the truth of the argument at hand.

Tell you what, I'll gladly trade our empty trophy case for over a decade of consistent, competitive, winning football. As opposed to the years of on-field garbage, true Skins fans have had to endure.

BTW - Your SIg

Don't understand how any Skins fan can glorify the lazy, miscreant, thief that Albert Haynesworth certainly is. He's brought little more than embarrassment and ridicule to your team.

Yea, I bet you'd hate to have these three Lombardi's. Yea, you'd trade em in for a chance to have a decade of choking away the big ones. Ya know how I know that isn't true? Because I wouldn't trade any of my three lombardis. Not one of em. Not even for a decade of being the team that's gonna win it all this year, but never does like your team. Only a guy who has NEVER seen a lombardi trophy other than watching the team across the sideline hoist it while you limp through the confetti to your locker room for your "good try" speech would even suggest that you'd "trade" it for playoff births. But ya know what, you shouldn't even be talking about trading a lombardi for anything, because you have to have one before you have something to trade.

Hey Iggles fan, you got Eskin and Cataldi and company all planning the parade route yet? Love you guys. So funny. Come February you'll be blaming Reid for not running the ball, or failing to save timeouts, or some idiot removing his helmet and costing them with a 15 yard penalty at a crucial point in a huge game and planning for your big chicken wing eating contest. God, your city is just fantastic to watch.

Eskin and Cataldi are A-Holes...

I'm sure you have a few in the DC area too.

I'm not saying the Eagles are going to win it all this year, to me this would be a long-shot. But they have as good a chance as anyone else in the NFC, IMO.

I'm just happy that, once again, even in what was thought to be a re-building year, they have managed to put up quality performances.

You'd rather be good when it didn't matter in exchange for not having any real history of greatness? I don't think anything more needs to be said about that.

Well, at least Philly has all those trips to the NFC Championship to hang their hats on. Me? I'd rather have the Lombardis.

I'm just happy that, once again, even in what was thought to be a re-building year, they have managed to put up quality performances.

No one anywhere said this was a rebuilding year for the Eagles. All I kept hearing was you traded away an over-the-hill QB for a better one (Kolb mind you, not Vick). Not one Philly fan or media pundit said this was a rebuilding year. Same HC/OC/DC, a majority of the same starters on offense, defense, and ST. How was this a rebuilding year for you?

Yea, I bet you'd hate to have these three Lombardi's. Yea, you'd trade em in for a chance to have a decade of choking away the big ones. Ya know how I know that isn't true? Because I wouldn't trade any of my three lombardis. Not one of em. Not even for a decade of being the team that's gonna win it all this year, but never does like your team. Only a guy who has NEVER seen a lombardi trophy other than watching the team across the sideline hoist it while you limp through the confetti to your locker room for your "good try" speech would even suggest that you'd "trade" it for playoff births. But ya know what, you shouldn't even be talking about trading a lombardi for anything, because you have to have one before you have something to trade.

Would you trade them for over a decade of losing, mostly embarrassing performances? For a decade of being looked on as the biggest joke of an organization in the NFL? A front office who is a digrace to the players who have had to play for DC?

If you would, you got your wish.

I wouldn't.

Eskin and Cataldi are A-Holes...

I'm sure you have a few in the DC area too.

I'm not saying the Eagles are going to win it all this year, to me this would be a long-shot. But they have as good a chance as anyone else in the NFC, IMO.

Hey don't miss the beginning of my post to Westy. It ended with attacking his arrogance but it began with genuine Kudos to Reid and company for putting together a strong team, looking brilliant on the Vick decision and turning around a suspect run defense and o-line in a few weeks with obviously strong coaching during the bye and beyond. They are a contender. Like always. I am clearly a bit of hater. Not a philly fan. But mostly because of the general arrogance of a fan base that has never won a thing and acts like NFL royalty. That being said, can't deny the organization is currently run very well and has been for quite a long time.

No one anywhere said this was a rebuilding year for the Eagles. All I kept hearing was you traded away an over-the-hill QB for a better one (Kolb mind you, not Vick). Not one Philly fan or media pundit said this was a rebuilding year. Same HC/OC/DC, a majority of the same starters on offense, defense, and ST. How was this a rebuilding year for you?

Then you really don't follow the NFL that closely...

Of course it is a rebuilding year, we jettisoned a lot of Vets (McNabb included) and the Eagles have an average age of 25 years.

Would you trade them for over a decade of losing, mostly embarrassing performances? For a decade of being looked on as the biggest joke of an organization in the NFL? A front office who is a digrace to the players who have had to play for DC?

I wouldn't.

Skins: 3 Lombardis (4th most in league history, among the likes of the Packers, Patriots, Giants and Raiders), a few years of mediocrity/not doing well. Good trade off.

Eagles: 0 Lombardis (among the likes of the Bengals, Vikings, Bills, Chargers, Falcons, Browns, Panthers, Seahawks, Cardinals, Lions, Titans, and Jaguars), but some years of "close but no cigar." You've got to be crazy for preferring that.

Ask any of the above teams and they'd take the years of being a "laughingstock" for one Lombardi. Guarantee it they would.

I wouldn't.

That's the difference between your fan base and mine. Skins fans see one thing: championships. We go to five NFC championship games and a Superbowl and come away with nothing and we aren't celebrating it. We aren't walking around talking about how we are gonna go wina superbowl this year when we have NEVER won one and constantly demonstate that we crack whenever the stakes get too high. That's not us. We went to four superbowls in two decades and won 3 of them. We don't talk about "NFL championships" before the superbowl era, because we don't have to. We have a history. That's why we talk about it. Eagles fans have a perpetual "someday". Its always "this year" until its "next year". As bad as we are. We'll win our fourth before you win your first. Its because at the end of the day this franchise is and always has been about championships. Your team is about "a good showing" or being "competitive". That's lurie's formula for keeping the fan base rabid - that and making sure they can start drinking at 4:00am for a 1:00pm game and putting a 60 year old Sylvester Stallone on the jumbotron once in a while.

Iggles fan, the "champion" of your city is a character in a boxing movie. You're a baseball town. But football. Not so much. Its a good thing the cardinals didn't win the superbowl after beating your asses in the NFC champsionship game two years ago or they would have had to kick your sorry asses out of our division and bring them back.

Hey don't miss the beginning of my post to Westy. It ended with attacking his arrogance but it began with genuine Kudos to Reid and company for putting together a strong team, looking brilliant on the Vick decision and turning around a suspect run defense and o-line in a few weeks with obviously strong coaching during the bye and beyond. They are a contender. Like always. I am clearly a bit of hater. Not a philly fan. But mostly because of the general arrogance of a fan base that has never won a thing and acts like NFL royalty. That being said, can't deny the organization is currently run very well and has been for quite a long time.

Tell you what...

Try not being so much a "hater" and and respect the game, as a whole, more. Enjoy and root for your teams success, hope that they beat everyone who they engage on the field of play.

Revel in their accomplishments, but don't take joy in denigrating the accomplishments of others.

I say this at the risk of sounding "preachy", but if you do this, you will find that your Sunday experiences will be much more rewarding.

It's better to be a devoted fan of the sport, than an exclusive "homer".

Tell you what...

Try not being so much a "hater" and and respect the game, as a whole, more. Enjoy and root for your teams success, hope that they beat everyone who they engage on the field of play.

Revel in their accomplishments, but don't take joy in denigrating the accomplishments of others.

I say this at the risk of sounding "preachy", but if you do this, you will find that your Sunday experiences will be much more rewarding.

OK. Congratulations. The Eagles are the regular season champions of the NFL. If this were college, you could hang your hat on that. Now it's your turn to congratulate us on our three Super Bowl championships.

Any other accomplishments you want to be congratulated for?

You'd rather be good when it didn't matter in exchange for not having any real history of greatness? I don't think anything more needs to be said about that.

Well, at least Philly has all those trips to the NFC Championship to hang their hats on. Me? I'd rather have the Lombardis.

Amen, and I was only an infant when we won the last one.

Despite some blemishes, the Redskins tradition is an incredible one and something I wouldn't trade for anything; especially for the one Philadelphia has.

Tell you what...

Says the guy with 50 posts who comes into a REDSKINS FAN board to chat eagles after they win two in a row. Thanks for the fatherly advice but I don't think a birds fan should be talking about how to be a classy fan. Don't you have batteries to throw at someone? Its almost Christmas time, can't you find a mall santa to attack? Isn't there some little kid sporting a cowboys jersey you can throw a beer at? What are you doing in this forum? Lemme guess the eagles forum has a jail in it and you have a warrant?

That's about Boston College. Swing and a miss

Bleacher Report. 'Nuff said.

Hit. That's one of 3 so far.

Coach Andy Reid disagrees.

''I don't look at it that way,'' Reid said. ''I don't look at it as a rebuilding year. I've never approached it that way. That doesn't enter my mind. We have some young guys. Hey, you're young, learn from the other guys, let's get in and let's play; play your heart out. Do what you did in college and if you're going to make a mistake, we're going 150 miles an hour and normally good things happen.''

If the coach says it's not a rebuilding year, that pretty much speaks for itself.

I could post many, many more...

Keep telling yourself that.

Archived