Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

BTW - Your SIg

Don't understand how any Skins fan can glorify the lazy, miscreant, thief that Albert Haynesworth certainly is. He's brought little more than embarrassment and ridicule to your team.

Dude, your "superstar quarterback", the face of your franchise, electrocuted dogs and drowned them in buckets of water because they didn't fight hard enough. Man, nobody is gonna accuse you philly fans of being too bright. Wow.

Here's a link of ESPN's 2010 preview:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview10/news/story?id=5493278

Two of the 16 people picked the Eagles to win the division (12 said the Cowboys), while three more picked them as a wild-card team.

One thing: I wouldn't expect ANY coach to publicly say that a season is going to be a rebuilding one, so Reid's comments didn't surprise me.

Count me as one person who is surprised that the Eagles are sitting at 7-3. I thought that Kolb would struggle if he was in there, and I don't think anyone foresaw the emergence of an effective Michael Vick.

Amen, and I was only an infant when we won the last one.

Despite some blemishes, the Redskins tradition is an incredible one and something I wouldn't trade for anything; especially for the one Philadelphia has.

The Redskins won the 1937 and 1942 Championship games, as well as Super Bowl XVII, XXII, and XXVI. They also played in and lost the 1936, 1940, 1943, and 1945 Championship games, as well as Super Bowl VII and XVIII. They have made twenty-two postseason appearances, and have an overall postseason record of 23 wins and 17 losses.

The Redskins have also experienced failure in their history. The most notable period of failure was from 1946 to 1970, during which the Redskins did not have a single postseason appearance. During this period, the Redskins went without a single winning season between 1956 and 1968. This is to say nothing of the last decades futility, and completely overlooks the shameless period of history when this franchise refused to sign black players.

The Eagles have won 3 NFL Championships (1948, 1949, 1960), 3 conference championships, 11 division championships and have appeared in the post-season 22 times. Like the Skins, they also have exhibited long stretches of futility in their history.

But, so what, it's all ancient history...

The Redskins won the 1937 and 1942 Championship games, as well as Super Bowl XVII, XXII, and XXVI. They also played in and lost the 1936, 1940, 1943, and 1945 Championship games, as well as Super Bowl VII and XVIII. They have made twenty-two postseason appearances, and have an overall postseason record of 23 wins and 17 losses.

The Redskins have also experienced failure in their history. The most notable period of failure was from 1946 to 1970, during which the Redskins did not have a single postseason appearance. During this period, the Redskins went without a single winning season between 1956 and 1968. This is to say nothing of the last decades futility, and completely overlooks the shameless period of history when this franchise refused to sign black players.

The Eagles have won 3 NFL Championships (1948, 1949, 1960), 3 conference championships, 11 division championships and have appeared in the post-season 22 times. Like the Skins, they also have exhibited long stretches of futility in their history.

But, so what, it's all ancient history...

Differences: Three Super Bowl Championships on one side, Zero on the other. When you have to go back to before the Super Bowl era and include division championships to sound like your franchise has some kind of success means that you don't.

EVERY franchise has periods of futility. The good ones also have Lombardis to make up for it.

EDIT: You only have two Conference Championships. You are 0-2 in the Super Bowl - 1980 and 2004.

;7988077']You are my new favorite poster on extremeskins!!! :applause:

Misery loves company, it seems.

Mike Vick is a convicted felon, who served his time and APPEARS to br trying to rehabilitate himself. He does not appear in any signature attributable to me.

Albert Haynesworth has stolen money from the clueless Redskins ownership, and by proxy, the fans of this team. Its a crime what he has perpetrated, and continues to commit. The "lay-down" against the Eagles was one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen on a football field, but this is only one example of many.

All you need to do is stop there. That in and of itself is light years beyond what Haynesworth has done.

Not that I like Haynesworth or am defending his (lack of) play, but he's not an ex-con.

Much like my "empty trophy case", I'll take an ex-anything, who has rehabilitated himself, and gives everything he has every week, over a lazy, overpaid, disgrace any day.

Super Bowl era there iggles...you only have 2.

What Super-Bowl era?

Being the NFL expert you are, you certainly realize there were conference championships prior to the Super Bowls, right?

"On July 8, 1933, the NFL was divided into two divisions, which were renamed as conferences after 1949, and the winners of each division/conference played each other to determine the league champion."

What Super-Bowl era?

Being the NFL expert you are, you certainly realize there were conference championships prior to the Super Bowls, right?

Then how do they only have three? They have three NFL championships, so they should probably have at least 5 conference championships. 3 NFL Championships + 2 Super Bowl appearances = 5.

If you want to start comparing those, though, it would make your franchise look even worse. So I would stop if I were you.

Then how do they only have three? They have three NFL championships, so they should probably have at least 5 conference championships. 3 NFL Championships + 2 Super Bowl appearances = 5.

Because their prior 2 NFL championships were in 1948 and 1949, when there were no conferences.

The league did not establish conferences until after the 1949 season.

The East and West "divisions" were de facto conferences. So there goes that argument.

No, the league did not establish "conferences" and subsequently award "conference championships" until 1950. DeFacto nothing.

And I'm not arguing anything, I'm on record as saying this all means practically nothing several times now.

Because their prior 2 NFL championships were in 1948 and 1949, when there were no conferences.

The league did not establish conferences until after the 1949 season.

Why are you talking about wins that you have never even seen before? Do you really feel uplifted talking about a win in 1948?

The 80s were ages ago, but I at least got to see my team win. Hell, I don't even ever think about the conference championship over the 49ers. And that was a conference championship WIN, as opposed to the string of losses that you keep mentioning. Why, exactly do you think we care about your losses?

Why are you talking about wins that you have never even seen before? Do you really feel uplifted talking about a win in 1948?

The 80s were ages ago, but I at least got to see my team win. Hell, I don't even ever think about the conference championship over the 49ers. And that was a conference championship WIN, as opposed to the string of losses that you keep mentioning. Why, exactly do you think we care about your losses?

Duh...

That's my whole point, the "poster" who has continued this "debate" is 26 years old. How many has he seen?

The whole exercise is a joke, perpetuated by a few on this board, it's a senseless argument that means nothing.

Almost as little as this...

http://www.donovanindex.com/index.php

You mean the way they responded to those blitzes last night? With a pair of 40+ yard runs (one a 50 yard TD that effectively ended the game) right into the gaping hole in the defense those blitzes created?
Neither of those plays occurred on passing downs. The Giants and everyone watching the game expected the Eagles to run in both of those situations. The Giants just lost containment. But I really don't see what relevance those plays have to the Giants' scheme against your passing offense.

Archived