Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is everyone ready to bow down and recognize the greatness which is the Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

I'll bow down to the Eagles when I can no longer draw breath. At this point, I hope you win out, Vick gets MVP, you win the Super Bowl, Vick gets Super Bowl MVP, and then he gets caught doing criminal activity again and it all comes crumbling down. It's no less than your fanbase deserves for being the most ungrateful pieces of crap in sports.

I'll bow down to the Eagles when I can no longer draw breath. At this point, I hope you win out, Vick gets MVP, you win the Super Bowl, Vick gets Super Bowl MVP, and then he gets caught doing criminal activity again and it all comes crumbling down. It's no less than your fanbase deserves for being the most ungrateful pieces of crap in sports.

WE

SS850560.JPG

YOU TOO!

So a team who's greatest threat are two offensive weapons that are huge risks in terms of injury every game they play and a defense absolutely no one is scared of is not to be feared in my mind. Now, if they can manage to stay healthy and have games where absolutely everything goes their way in the 1st Quarter and Reid totally out-schemes a defense, then yeah, they're scary. Otherwise, they'll probably win enough games to make the playoffs until they run into an actual championship caliber Defense.

Hard to disagree with some of this. I believe this three run stretch (WASH, NYG, CHI) will be a very good test/indicator. Giants are going to be ready for Vick and Chicago has a great defense, so we will see. I'm more worried about their defense (especially their inability to stop the pass) and their Oline, although they do seem to be playing better. That and Celek looks like Carlos Rogers catching the football. They need him to improve 100% in that area.

I think you should look up the word "complaining" in the dictionary, lol. ;)

How am I complaining about anything? I'm confused, honestly. No, I don't believe the Eagles have a Super Bowl caliber team... not sure how that can be construed as complaining, but whatever. And the question there you ask makes absolutely no sense. Yes, Vick is a "star QB", but are you trying to tell me he is like any other "star QB" in terms of being a risk for injury? Are you trying to say other QBs put their bodies at risk even 10% as much as Vick does? Are you kidding me?

I mean, did you not notice the qualifier I added to my statement about their two greatest weapons? That they can get hurt "with the simplest of tackles"? You do understand the difference between, say, a WR like Brandon Marshall vs. one like Desean when they're being tackled, right?

Come on, dock. :)

Bania in true fashion, just glosses any post over and pulls out the hater card. Anyway, I was using the word COMPLAIN as someone complaining about the Eagles team and their weaknesses. I wasn't implying that you were an Eagles fan...whatever, it was trying to be slightly humorous. OK, you think Jackson is frail. I don't really know if that's the case. Vick is throwing with hurt ribs and his accuracy is fine. Frail is hind of hard to describe these two. I was giving other reasons why the Eagles would not win a SB this year. O line, depleted secondary, etc, you can go read the post.

That and Celek looks like Carlos Rogers catching the football.

Celek has had a horrible year no doubt. I have heard excuses about the lingering wrist injury, but supposedly he's 100%. One thing he has had to do more this year is block, but can you blame Castillo? The line is like swiss cheese.

Bania in true fashion, just glosses any post over and pulls out the hater card. Anyway, I was using the word COMPLAIN as someone complaining about the Eagles team and their weaknesses. I wasn't implying that you were an Eagles fan...whatever, it was trying to be slightly humorous. OK, you think Jackson is frail. I don't really know if that's the case. Vick is throwing with hurt ribs and his accuracy is fine. Frail is hind of hard to describe these two. I was giving other reasons why the Eagles would not win a SB this year. O line, depleted secondary, etc, you can go read the post.

Sorry I missed the humor, didn't catch it the first time. :)

On a side note, isn't it hilarious that the Eagles are winning despite Reid and their FO and, in a sense, due to McNabb? Remember, Kolb was THE guy, and even after Vick had put up two solid performances in a row was still saying he was THE guy... yet, the Eagles success is all due to Vick. That's it. They took a chance on him and it's paying off now, but they wouldn't have if it weren't for McNabb, lol. The only credit Reid deserves is realizing how moronic he would've been if he had given the keys back to Kolb and admitting he was wrong. So, great job Reid and Eagles FO for listening to McNabb and bringing in Vick, then realizing how stupid you were for thinking Kolb was the guy! :ols:

;7985624']The only team that can beat the Giants are the Giants!! :doh:

30 turnovers in 11 games. Not the sign of a playoff caliber team.

It's only been 10 games. The Giants have to get serious about this turnover issue. They need to send a message. I think Jacobs should be the starter next week, and DJ Ware should be given a bigger role. I wouldn't mind seeing Sage take the first snap next week either. The Giants have a good team, but they aren't going anywhere if they continue to average 3 turnovers per game the rest of the way.

Normalcy has been completely restored to the NFC East.

The Eagles were clearly the much better team on the field tonight. Avant dropping a pass that he makes 999 times out of 1000 was the only thing that kept them in the game.

At no point during the game did I really believe that the Giants were going to win. I like how everyone is trying to say Reid got lucky that Vick is carrying the team when:

1. He signed him and took an enormous risk to do so.

2. He started him over the QB who was the reason he traded McNabb and took an enormous risk to do so.

I guess all we are left with is dock coming in and telling us some supposed weaknesses the Eagles have and why they aren't a SB caliber team. OL, dock? Secondary, dock? Really?

:ols: :ols:

Other than WB's first sentence pretty much everything he said was true. I'm as die hard Redskins as they come but the Eagles look good with Vick back there and Reid did take enormous risk to sign him knowing what media attention it would bring. I cant believe how often Vick puts his shoulder pads down and hits the defender as well. He is gonna get hurt again doing that but man is it fun to watch and i at least admired the fire he is playing with smashing into defenders at the end of runs like a running back. I'm also a Wahoo fan so i have NEVER had much love for Vick either.

*edit* I said the same thing the commentators said tonight when Vick overthrew Jackson. That was probably the first time it has ever happened. With Vick's scrambling, ability to keep plays alive for 5+ seconds, ability to throw a 60 yard bomb off his back foot and a WR that is faster than everyone else on the field.... It's a pretty dangerous combination it seems like we will have to deal with for years to come. We would of had the pefect safety duo to handle that threat easily too a few years back..... Damn.

I guess all we are left with is dock coming in and telling us some supposed weaknesses the Eagles have and why they aren't a SB caliber team. OL, dock? Secondary, dock? Really?

:ols: :ols:

This is what I'm talking about. If you watched that game and didn't see the secondary as a weakness then you are a complete idiot.

Of course, when you click on nfl.com and see 3 ints and only 147yds passing you think they are all world. But that is clearly your way of watching football.

The secondary looked great; what game were you watching? :laugh:

Aside from Mikell committing PI on 3rd and 14, I'd be really interested in hearing your explanation on how they looked terrible. The NFL leader in TDs was largely shut down. Bradley looked meh in coverage as usual but Boss was shut down.

How about the OL that you continually harp on week after week? After they gave up 11 sacks in their first 2 games, they have really steadied. Vick routinely had 3-4 seconds on most plays to survey the field against the best DL in football.

I know this is painful for you, dock. You hate the Eagles more than tr1 hates the Cowboys. Just concede the obvious; the Eagles might not be the best team in the NFL but they are among a handful of teams that can reasonably walk away with the Lombardi this year.

The secondary looked great; what game were you watching? :laugh:

Aside from Mikell committing PI on 3rd and 14, I'd be really interested in hearing your explanation on how they looked terrible. The NFL leader in TDs was largely shut down. Bradley looked meh in coverage as usual but Boss was shut down.

How about the OL that you continually harp on week after week? After they gave up 11 sacks in their first 2 games, they have really steadied. Vick routinely had 3-4 seconds on most plays to survey the field against the best DL in football.

I know this is painful for you, dock. You hate the Eagles more than tr1 hates the Cowboys. Just concede the obvious; the Eagles might not be the best team in the NFL but they are among a handful of teams that can reasonably walk away with the Lombardi this year.

You have to admit Vick's elusiveness is a big reason he gets most of that time. Not the only reason, but a big one.

The Eagles routinely kept seven men in to block against the Giants 4 man pass rush. But when the Giants blitzed, they got a ton of pressure on Vick. It took Fewell a while to find the right mix, but it seems like blitzes from the offense's left side with corners/safeties in off coverage is a major problem for the Eagles' passing game. It'll be interesting to see how they respond in the coming weeks.

Avant's on my "list" (I'm sure he cares). First the drop of the game-winner in the Skins game. Then that drop last night? Best hands on the team gone cold.

Good game last night that shouldn't have been that close. DJ and Avant should have had TDs which would have obviously opened it up a bit more. I was impressed with Giants Oline holding up fairly well against Eagles pass rush. Thought we'd be able to get more pressure on Eli. Sucks for Hobbs, I have to think he's done for good, considering his injury last year.

The Eagles routinely kept seven men in to block against the Giants 4 man pass rush. But when the Giants blitzed, they got a ton of pressure on Vick. It took Fewell a while to find the right mix, but it seems like blitzes from the offense's left side with corners/safeties in off coverage is a major problem for the Eagles' passing game. It'll be interesting to see how they respond in the coming weeks.

You mean the way they responded to those blitzes last night? With a pair of 40+ yard runs (one a 50 yard TD that effectively ended the game) right into the gaping hole in the defense those blitzes created?

I can only hope that other teams take this same approach. Without the athleticism of the Giants DL they will be easy pickings.

Archived