Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you voting tomorrow?

MissU28

I usually vote. I always vote in presidential elections and I've voted in a couple smaller elections.

I have no desire to vote tomorrow. I have not been paying attention at all, save for getting annoyed at all the stupid candidate mailings and TV commercials being played out here.

How much of a shmuck am I if I don't vote tomorrow? If my conservative self bypasses the polling places on my way to work in the morning because liberal California is going to win out anyway?

I don't know why I'm so cynical lately. I fail to see how voting tomorrow is going to help me, personally. Maybe someone can shed some light as to why I should vote tomorrow. An argument other than how privileged I am to live in a country that gives me the opportunity to vote.

:cool:

I am voting.

The Senate race here is pretty much decided, baring an unforseen surge in Democratic votes. The Congressional race is closer but unless the GOP really push hard tomorrow it should remain the same.

The races that I'm more interested are the local races which are the reason why I am voting tomorrow as they are the one's that are going to most directly affect my life and the life of my family; building a new jail will be a big issue next year for us, redistricting on the state level, sheriff race is tight, not to mention friends of mine are running for county clerk and jailer (yes we elect our jailers, it's mandated by Kentucky's constitution. They are the main reason I'm going to the polls tomorrow, and really the reason I think most should go to the polls. After all many local elections come down to a handful of votes and each one can and does make a difference.

Couldn't care less.

I'm completely apathetic to politics in general and I have no "calling" or need to represent myself in the polls in any way shape or form.

You could call me whatever you want, (lazy, ungrateful, etc, ) and you'd probably be right, but it doesn't change the way I feel.

Meh.

I voted last week. Texas has 2 weeks of early vote, and even allows you to vote on Saturday and Sunday before the election.

Early voting is awesome. Are there still states that don't have it?

Also, I am hoping conservatives across the county feel the same as you :evilg:. But I doubt it :(:(.

I always vote, if only so that I can later ***** about things with a clean conscience. :)

Completely agree. If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain about what's wrong.

Voting is a great right, which many people in this world aren't allowed. Take advantage of it. Like Predicto said, atleast you can ***** about whatever you want after the elections are over.

Hell no.

I voted last week. Early voting is the only way to go. Never missed a vote. I always figured I'd run for local office (assessor) one day and nothing more embarrassing to a potential candidate that having it show up that you didn't vote. Also, as ASF pointed out, the local races have a big impact on us personally and they are often decided by very few votes.

There are no local races here

The only race I keep hearing about is Fimian Connolly and that's NoVa. I don't live in NoVa.

Other than that it's O'Malley Vs. Ehrlich and I don't give a damn, if I went I'd just vote for Ehrlich not because of platform but due to association with Tony Kornheiser. :)

I am just glad all the stupid political ads stop after today

Completely agree. If you don't vote, you don't have the right to complain about what's wrong.

I don't understand. The issues I want changed aren't on the ballot.

Archived