Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm no Wiz fan, but I am rooting for you guys. Having said that, you're still alive. And, as a Celtics fan I'll tell you, Paul Pierce delivers in big games. He's older, so maybe he will hit a decline... But that guy LIVES for big games and big moments. You have an awesome asset on your squad as you come down the wire with this series.

I'm a rational guy.  I can handle losses.  Especially losses in the playoffs.  However, last night, under 8 seconds, summed up what Nene has been to this team during this playoff run.  Which is WORTHLESS.  I'm BEYOND pissed at his pathetic effort on the glass.  Losing a game due to an opponent (Horford) WANTING IT MORE, is unacceptable.  You have Wall out there giving it his all with one hand, and this bum is out there going through the motions.  Who even knows if he has a ****ing pulse.  This is the most vexed I've been at a member of this team since we had Blatche/McGee/Young sharing the court.  Forget about the runs the Hawks made, we had a fantastic chance to get out of Atlanta with a win and now here we sit, down 3-2. 

We are winning this series in 7. Book it. Called it here first. Only thing in our way is Wittman's lack of coaching ability, we'll overcome. Nene should have a seat, why is Humphries getting zero minutes?

Everyone is quick to praise Randy, he cost us AGAIN last night. Not calling a timeout during the 12-0 run and then leaving Marcin on the bench. Moron.

• Like 1

The officiating last night was obscene and I'm quite salty about it. I mean, this is a fairly rare feeling for a Bullets fan...seeing an overmatched playoff opponent grind out wins via injury and lop-sided refs. I'm having a little trouble processing it.

I expect more than a little payback on Friday.

It's time to let the ****ing about the refs go. I've been guilty of it all series and the reality is it's just not going to be called fairly. The out of bounds calls last night that were going to Atlanta was the tipping point for me. Anybody who thinks this league doesn't have an issue is kidding themselves.

Game 6s so far in this playoffs where home team has a chance to send the series to a 7th game:

April 30: Bulls 120 at Bucks 66

May 1:   Hawks 111 at Nets 87

May 14: Cavs 94 at Bulls 73

Absolutely need the Wiz to win tomorrow and not lay down like the home team did in those games.

Game 6s so far in this playoffs where home team has a chance to send the series to a 7th game:

May 1:   Hawks 111 at Nets 87

Absolutely need the Wiz to win tomorrow and not lay down like the home team did in those games.

So what you're saying is that tomorrow is a must win game?

May 1: Hawks 111 at Nets 87

Those teams weren't the Wizards.

Heh - according to the Leagues Last 2 minute report, Pierce was not fouled on his 2nd to last possession and Gortat set a moving pick on his 3 pointer. Also, Pierce traveled around the 1 min mark.

They only release evaluations of the last 2 minutes. Nothing on weather Horford traveled on the final putback.

Heh - according to the Leagues Last 2 minute report, Pierce was not fouled on his 2nd to last possession and Gortat set a moving pick on his 3 pointer. Also, Pierce traveled around the 1 min mark.

They only release evaluations of the last 2 minutes. Nothing on weather Horford traveled on the final putback.

Apparently Korver didn't travel in Game 4 either.

Yeah ok league office.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

This is a league who's officials knowingly bet on and fixed playoff games. While I love the Wizards, the integrity of the NBA went out the window a long time ago.

• Like 2