Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I just watched the play again... really they have owned the paint all series.

Horford picks Beal while Korver goes to the corner which causes the seperation between Nene and Horford. Nene took a couple steps out of the paint to the corner. He has to choose between staying at home or leaving Korver open in the corner.

Meanwhile Pierce cheats on Milsap to strip Schroeder which frees Milsap. Nene boxes out Milsap... no idea how he doesnt back tap it or do something with the ball.

Guys Nene boxes out, he doesn't rebound. There is a reason he has like 3 double doubles all season. He doesn't attack the ball. He puts his body one someone and he waits, and that little habit of his lost game 5.

Or you could ask why he was in at all being that Gortat is the better rim protector and rebounder. Nene is awful at both and can barely jump over a pile of loose change.

• Like 2

Guys Nene boxes out, he doesn't rebound. There is a reason he has like 3 double doubles all season. He doesn't attack the ball. He puts his body one someone and he waits, and that little habit of his lost game 5.

Or you could ask why he was in at all being that Gortat is the better rim protector and rebounder. Nene is awful at both and can barely jump over a pile of loose change.

You don't have to ask why when Randy Wittman has been making poor decisions like this since the day he replaced Flip.

Nene was in because Gortat was getting killed from the perimeter by the Horford jumper. Nene successfuly took away his jumper, but ceded the size for the rebound. Horford just made a great play. Sigh....

Nene and Gortat are not the only bigs on this team although Witt would have you believe so.

Everyone focuses on the last play because it ultimately is the one we remember that cost fhe game. Porter, Gooden, and Sessions shot 3-21. Beal and Wall had 11 turnovers between them. Seemed like Carrol was bothering Wall on defense.

Everyone wants to discount the Hawks, but holding them to 82 points is a great defensive effort.

When Wizard were inbounding at end (when Pierce got stripped) I was just thinking about some random game where Bullets played Toronto and threw directly to them on a GW inbounds attempt... maybe 1997 to 1999 somewhere in there.

Everyone focuses on the last play because it ultimately is the one we remember that cost fhe game. Porter, Gooden, and Sessions shot 3-21. Beal and Wall had 11 turnovers between them. Seemed like Carrol was bothering Wall on defense.

Everyone wants to discount the Hawks, but holding them to 82 points is a great defensive effort.

When Wizard were inbounding at end (when Pierce got stripped) I was just thinking about some random game where Bullets played Toronto and threw directly to them on a GW inbounds attempt... maybe 1997 to 1999 somewhere in there.

Technically Pierce didn't get stripped, he got fouled.

• Like 1

I am going to be so pissed if we lose this series.

After this, Nene cannot be allowed to comeback. Trade his expiring contract next season for another expiring contract. Ship him off for a bag of Swedish fish. Just move him.

Nene boxed out but just didnt grab that rebound like he gave two ****s about it. 

BUT WHAT WAS WORSE, was after he got the ball snatched from him he still had a chance to Defend the put back but instead HE FELL BACK ON THE GROUND LIKE A FLOPPING ****. 

Watch the replay, as soon as he gave up the rebound and regained his footing he just fell back like he was expecting to draw some over the back foul instead of staying with the ball and going up for the block.  The least he could have done was foul the **** out of him and hope he goes one for two at the line.   WEAK ASS ****.  Finally we see how his nonchalant attitude out there translates to the most important fails of his time here in washington.   I officially now hate this dude. 

Edited by CurseReversed

I woke up more salty about the officiating. Multiple out of bounds plays, Wall offensive foul on Carroll early in 2nd half, hack on Pierce, loose ball not called on Porter, blocks where. another play or blocker made strong. contact on the body, aggressive moves to the rim with contact and no foul, Milsap getting a foul on Pierce for contact that happened thw whole game to Gortat and Nene, Korver slipping and getting a foul on Gortat.

Sure a couple went Wiz way - out of bounds off Gortat called jump, Teague getting wall in the air, and Korver swiping at Beal. Thats it... they treat Gortat and Nene like Shaq... but even Shaq got fouls called.

The officiating last night was obscene and I'm quite salty about it. I mean, this is a fairly rare feeling for a Bullets fan...seeing an overmatched playoff opponent grind out wins via injury and lop-sided refs. I'm having a little trouble processing it.

I expect more than a little payback on Friday.