Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Cmon fellas. Destiny is calling! Warriors/Wiz championship series - the two worst teams of the modern era finally return to the top of the mountain to recreate the 1975 finals.

Make it happen!

I don't see anyway we get passed Cleveland if we move on to the next round....

I don't see anyway we get passed Cleveland if we move on to the next round....

Ye of little faith.

Cleveland is broken.  Love is gone, Kyrie is hobbled, they play bad defense.   Sure, that Lebron fellow is pretty good, but you can take him out.

in the parking lot before the game

Cleveland IS LeBron.  They're getting the odd big game from a marginal role player or two but that's nothing to bank on.  One man--even LeBron--usually isn't enough to get far, but the Celtics were the worst team in the postseason, by far.  And that Bulls team was dreck.  We could have beaten them without Wall and probably would have won in 4 or 5 again with Wall.  Atlanta would have crushed them too.

The winner of this ATL-WAS series will be the first real team he's going to face.  But Atlanta isn't great and we're even worse with an injured Wall.  We could have given the Cavs a real series if Wall doesn't go down.  Probably beaten them TBH.  But it happened and we're hanging on by the skin of our teeth now.  We'll probably get eliminated by the Hawks.

I'm really curious to see if LeBron can beat Atlanta by himself.  There is no one on the Hawks that is close to as good as him, but Horford and Millsap are also way, WAY better than Cleveland's bigs.  I could see them beating up Cleveland inside like they've done to us.  And if LeBron has to play PF and guard Millsap he's going to get worn out like Pierce and Nene have.

I think this healthy Atlanta team can beat Cleveland.  But if we knock out the Hawks, I don't know if we can beat them with a Wall at 65%.

To be clear though, any of the four remaining teams in the West would beat any EC team in a Final.

I have no feeling for how this game is going to go and that terrifies me. By this point, I usually have a feeling, for better or for worse, about how the game is going to go.

I'm in the same mental place. No clue what to expect because this series hasn't made much sense to me. I am terrified that this will be a repeat of last season though. Great first round and a second round we should have won ending in six.

That said, wizards win by an uncomfortable 3 points after losing a double digit lead in the 3rd. That's my prediction.

Idk, i have a good feeling about this one. Hopefully the fellas can give me a reason for feeling as such lol

We really have to come out focused and locked in. We've always gotten off to bad starts.

I wonder if ATL is feeling relaxed that it's a win-win for them: win and it's over, lose and they have another game. At least we know the level desperation and expectations on our end.