Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Glad this dysfunctional season is coming to a close.  Changes need to be made.  Hopefully it starts in the front office and trickles down.  I think we're stuck with Brooks b/c of his salary, but if a new GM does come on, I hope they can get creative with a trade proposal to SA for Kawhi or figure a way to get Boogie out of NO.  Bottom line, can't go into next season with the same starting group. 

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

If you can’t defend the pick and roll, and constantly switch to put bigs on guards and guards on bigs, you don’t deserve to advance. Scott Brooks gotta go. 

Brooks is straight up garbage.  He's a fraud that owes his OKC roster a share of his salary.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kara and Buck, please STFU with this "Wall being hurt during the regular season" BS.  Why are you reading Ted's script for him, **** this ****, we were losing with him, he went off in the playoffs, and we got bounced in the first round anyway.

Ted has to look at the fact that we straight underachieved and weren't given the talent to overachieve, but I'd be shocked if he did.  Ernie built a team that couldn't get past the first round with that frontcourt (and that includes Otto now).  Him and Scott should be fired for going backwards.

7 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Ernie is going to survive this again. 

There is always an excuse. 

I said in the NBA thread the "Wall got injured excuse" will be a blog post within a week.  MF he wasn't injured during the playoffs, **** from way with me with that nonsense.

What did it take for Ted to get rid of that GM in the middle of the Ovi era?  Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

Jesus, does NBC Sports Washington work for Ted or some ****?  How dare they with a straight face talk about Otto as the third option, we never treated him like that, he was just our third max player.  Otto wasn't doing ****, why are we acting like we lost because of missing his offense?

Swear, man, our offense looked pointless in this game, especially in the 4th quarter.  I had no idea what they were doing or why they were doing, and they were playing like they didn't either.  No wonder OKC never won anything, blame the injuries if you want, Scott wouldn't of pulled it off with them healthy anyway. He's THAT bad.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jesus, does NBC Sports Washington work for Ted or some ****?  How dare they with a straight face talk about Otto as the third option, we never treated him like that, he was just our third max player.  Otto wasn't doing ****, why are we acting like we lost because of missing his offense?

Swear, man, our offense looked pointless in this game, especially in the 4th quarter.  I had no idea what they were doing or why they were doing, and they were playing like they didn't either.  No wonder OKC never won anything, blame the injuries if you want, Scott wouldn't of pulled it off with them healthy anyway. He's THAT bad.

OKC was only as good as they were because Brooks had the LUXURY of "coaching" two of the best talents in the league on the same roster.  He's following that same blueprint w/ Wall and Beal and it's clearly not working.  Wall has been asking for another star player for the past 2 years, and look at what's been given to him.  I don't care how efficient Otto is, he's not that player. He disappears and has zero dog in him.  Advanced stats don't mean **** if dude refuses to get aggressive on the offensive end.  He's our most valuable trade chip and I wouldn't be sad to see him go. 

14 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

OKC was only as good as they were because Brooks had the LUXURY of "coaching" two of the best talents in the league on the same roster. 

Three.  It's likely he had three NBA MVPs.  

Just now, Destino said:

Three.  It's likely he had three NBA MVPs.  

Totally forgot about Harden....man. 

Just to think that EG gave Brooks 5/35 because he thought we'd have the advantage in signing KD.  Everything about the summer of '16 set this team back beyond belief. 

• Like 1

Just now, RonArtest15 said:

Totally forgot about Harden....man. 

Just to think that EG gave Brooks 5/35 because he thought we'd have the advantage in signing KD.  Everything about the summer of '16 set this team back beyond belief. 

Agreed.  He had the chance to create a contender and instead he torpedoed his franchise.  Signed the wrong coach.  Signed Mahinmi.  Signed a bench so bad that he panicked and traded a 1st we desperately needed to rent Bogs for 35 games.  Other teams in the east have improved and the Wizards continue spinning their wheels because Ernie made so many significant mistakes.  Mistakes that can't be easily undone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebluefood said:

Hey I know the "Wizards" nickname is still not popular but it fits! I mean look at the way they made that lead disappear!

Stop it, 8th seeds don't choke, they suck.

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

Agreed.  He had the chance to create a contender and instead he torpedoed his franchise.  

I will never forgive him for that.  

Feel like there was at some point a debate on whether we stopped trying to do what we needed to do to compete without KD because the plan was to get KD to compete. We tanked our chances to compete to get him and didn't have a backup plan, and then Ted had the nerve to get mad at KD for that not working.

I don't see how Ted can look at this team and say it did anything but underachieve.  If he doesn't acknowledge that, Wall won't get a ring here, book it.  He doesn't even have to take action per say, just say you noticed and everyone is on notice at least.

Edited by Renegade7