Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

if 5th year player Otto Porter could dribble like rookie Jayson Tatum, he'd be an allstar.  I'm still trying to understand how the hell he could be a wing in the NBA for 5 damn years and not be able to dribble.  Who the hell is running this team?  

3 hours ago, Destino said:

if 5th year player Otto Porter could dribble like rookie Jayson Tatum, he'd be an allstar.  I'm still trying to understand how the hell he could be a wing in the NBA for 5 damn years and not be able to dribble.  Who the hell is running this team?  

Two wings. Beal still dribbles like a deer some time. I always feels like he's going to get plucked. The step back hessi is lethal, but when he tries to go throw some traffic, it gets very awkward. The closer to the basket, the worse it is. 

Yea there's not much of a drop off between a top 3 most efficient shooter in the nba the past 2/3 years, and Kelly oubre who hasn't made more than 3 triple in a month, and Scott the role playing gunner. 

This is the same kind of foolishness we heard about how this team would be better without wall. 

The way Porter has been playing in this series I don’t think it hurts too much. If we lose tonight it definitely won’t be because Porter didn’t play. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Yea there's not much of a drop off between a top 3 most efficient shooter in the nba the past 2/3 years, and Kelly oubre who hasn't made more than 3 triple in a month, and Scott the role playing gunner. 

This is the same kind of foolishness we heard about how this team would be better without wall. 

But Porter hasn’t been worth a **** in this series outside of the second half of game 4. If he was playing like he has the past couple of Postseasons I’d agree with your points.

23 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

He's not doing that in this series, that's his point, and he's right.  You're right, too (outside of calling him out), but not in the context of this series.

When I defend Oubre after game 2, I said we needed the good Kelly and not to bench him even though bad Kelly was hurting the team.  Same can be said for Otto, he just kept starting him and we never got what we needed from him or expected from him.  It's why I'm done with him now.

I wasn't calling Anyone in particular out, although destino and trythebeal have also been quite adamant about his uselessness. The point is, he's a high quality player, and our "system" is doing nothing to help anyone other than beal have "good" stats. It's not winning basketball. 

We have 3 high quality combo forwards that excel in movement and cutting. All the have been great from deep all year. And yet every play in the 4th is a double screen for beal on the perimeter, ISO, or pick and roll with Gortat. 

I don't have a good feeling about this game.  The fan base is distracted by the draft.  I know this because I am a passionate Wizards fan and even I feel tempted to watch the draft instead of this game.  I know it's dumb and the game is way more entertaining and important but it is what it is.

2 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I wasn't calling Anyone in particular out, although destino and trythebeal have also been quite adamant about his uselessness. The point is, he's a high quality player, and our "system" is doing nothing to help anyone other than beal have "good" stats. It's not winning basketball. 

We have 3 high quality combo forwards that excel in movement and cutting. All the have been great from deep all year. And yet every play in the 4th is a double screen for beal on the perimeter, ISO, or pick and roll with Gortat. 

Could we run a better system, sure but saying you need one to even be effective is not a compliment. Our PG should not be our leading scorer and Porter makes more them him this year.

Since we're doing hot takes, we shoulda let Nets take him.  The conversation about potential was different with Wall and Beal before we gave them max because we saw more when it mattered more first.

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I don't have a good feeling about this game.  The fan base is distracted by the draft.  I know this because I am a passionate Wizards fan and even I feel tempted to watch the draft instead of this game.  I know it's dumb and the game is way more entertaining and important but it is what it is.

The draft can't compete with NBA playoffs.  What's wrong with you?   Last night I turned to the NFL draft to see the skins pick, then right back to Bucks Celtics.  Just leave the draft cast up on you tablet, all of the updates without having to listen to three guys at a desk try to sound much more excited than they feel.  

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

all of the updates without having to listen to three guys at a desk try to sound much more excited than they feel.  

It's truly amazing how the NFL has become a year round league even though they only have a 16 game regular season.  The freaking schedule release is a holiday now : /

1 minute ago, Gamebreaker said:

Unfortunately ESPN has pushed the wizards game to a channel I don’t have to accommodate the draft. Guess I’ll be just watching the draft then. 

You cable package doesn't have NBC Sports Washington?  That blows, I hate cable, it's gross the package I had to get just to watch two teams and the science channel.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's truly amazing how the NFL has become a year round league even though they only have a 16 game regular season.  The freaking schedule release is a holiday now : /

You cable package doesn't have NBC Sports Washington?  That blows, I hate cable, it's gross the package I had to get just to watch two teams and the science channel.

I do! Completely forgot I had it. Thanks dude! 

• Haha 2