Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Not a hot take: Brad fouling out last game was a blessing in disguise. He has been the worst plying in the 4th in the entire league this year. 

He's gassed, rely'ed to much on him while wall out.. First year he played every game since in the league, so I'd like to see him sit a bit more at this point.

14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Not a hot take: Brad fouling out last game was a blessing in disguise. He has been the worst plying in the 4th in the entire league this year. 

Two "Not a hot take" posts in the last couple of days... Can't say I disagreed with either of them though. It probably was a blessing. Lol

17 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

This one wasn't as bad as the last, but he had 31 points when he fouled out.  You can't make the argument he was hurting us more then helping us up that point, even if he was making mistakes here and there.  He fouled out with 5 minutes left and still ended the game as our leading scorer.  We don't win that game without him.  

Not a hot take:  We're not even in the playoffs this year if it wasn't for Beal.

• Like 1

I mean even if he is the anti clutch in the 4th, he's still our best option in terms of generating offense. He's gotta make open shots. I know he missed at least two open ones during the key stretch in the 4th. That's why he's an all star but not a superstar. Superstars make the big shots in the 4th to win road playoff games.

Still, this series is going 7.

• Like 2

We've seen the Wizards become suddenly unable to hit shots in the 4th all season long.  You can't be surprised when it happen in the playoffs on the road, and its happened in each game to Toronto.  This is who they are this season.  I'm not even going to post the 4th quarter stats because they're ugly and it just feels like piling on.  

• Like 1

Not completely true. We have seen Morris, Sato, and wall hit shots at the end of games this year. Brad played magnificently the entire game, much like he has the season. But the 4th comes around he then he's got the yips. I don't understand it. But you can't deny it. He presses, and almost forgets how to play. 

6 hours ago, dcdiscokid said:

He's gassed, rely'ed to much on him while wall out.. First year he played every game since in the league, so I'd like to see him sit a bit more at this point.

We seem to have all the players that cant make it through a 7 game series, stamina-wise.

Honestly, I'm not even tripping off of Beal missing shots. That's acceptable...

Those two turnovers aren't. Especially since that's been a problem for years and this time it may have caused us a series in a year the East is finally wide open.

He better drop 50 tomorrow night. 

29 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Tell me is a 9 / 4 / 2 slash line and a -12 OK for a max player in a crucial game? 

He wasn't even playing late in the game. THAT pissed me off... And not because I think it was a bad decision, bu the fact that I had no problem with it pissed me off even more. I don't know what's up with him. He just has moments where he disappears. That's terrible for a max player. How the hell can I laugh at Whiteside and the Heat when Otto has been almost as ineffective?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

How the hell can I laugh at Whiteside and the Heat when Otto has been almost as ineffective?

They both averaged 14 ppg.  Whiteside obviously had a tremendous impact defensively that Otto didn’t.

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Dunno. Ian and March say hi. 

I dont wanna talk to you guys today I wanna be happy. 

Nothing wrong at all with Gortat’s contract.

• Like 1