Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

57 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Brooks has run Beal into the ground. He hasn't had any legs under him for like 2 weeks now..

Yep. I really hate seeing the stamina thing come up again.  There are players ahead of him in terms of minutes that aren't completely falling apart right now.  He's actually dropped to 9 now, last time I was curious and checked a month or two ago he was 7.

I like Drew, but I miss Kara.

Edited by Renegade7

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yep. I really hate seeing the stamina thing come up again.  There are players ahead of him in terms of minutes that aren't completely falling apart right now.  He's actually dropped to 9 now, last time I was curious and checked a month or two ago he was 7.

I like Drew, but I miss Kara.

This team is poorly conditioned.  It's an organization thing.  

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

This team is poorly conditioned.  It's an organization thing.  

Reminds me of the Redskins.  Even when we have good players, it seems like we screw so much else up as a basketball franchise that we cap how far we can get with them.  

Julie Donaldson agrees with me on not losing games to avoid the Cavs.

Edited by Renegade7

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Well jokes on both of you then because we're going to lose games regardless of intent :ols:

Only .5 game over miami now. 

: ) 1 more game to clinch.  You think he's coming back before start of the playoffs?  7 games left now : /

I really don't care who we play if we have a healthy Wall.  Everybody in the East is suspect right now.  Unfortunately so are we, lolz

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

How’d we do?!?

Like you're not missing anything.  We're going to the playoffs, if you have better things to do, don't watch them keep struggling against teams with losing records.  They won't play that way against teams that are winning with a healthy Wall, but until then, its actually pretty tough to watch most nights.  I have to multitask.

Otto Porter has a "mild" ankle sprain, according to coach Scott Brooks.
Good news here, X-rays were negative and it confirms what it looked like in the third quarter. Porter is likely going to be a game-time call on Saturday, but maybe he is held out in a back-to-back set. It's not a bad idea to roll with some Kelly Oubre this weekend even if Otto is OK. Mar 29 - 9:47 PM

Doesn't sound that bad. Lucky because the playoffs start in like 2 weeks. 

Wizards need to land that 7th seed, don't see them beating CLE or PHI round 1. 
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Win one more then start resting guys.  Beal needs a break big time.  Sato could use one too.

Get healthy and get out of the sixth spot and I'll be satisfied 

Beat Charlotte, for God's sake. They have really owned us.

I just want Wall healthy and in form going to the playoffs and to avoid the Cavs. We do that, we'll advance to the 2nd round I don't care what our seed and opponent is. And yes that includes an 8/1 matchup vs. the Raptors, that team are paper tigers until proven otherwise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

"No minutes restrictions" for Wall today seems very strange...

We've learned nothing. 

Look here's where I'm at. We need to do whatever we can to avoid the cavs in the first. If that means tanking or going super nova, whatever. I haven't checked, but Do whatever it takes. Because it's playoffs time and Lebron is not losing in the 1st round. Here's a stat line from last night:

Lebron: 42 minutes - 0 fouls

Playoff Lebron can literally lower his shoulder, run you over, and then go for the tombstone and get the call every time. You can't defend that which doesn't get called for a foul.