Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Detroit is done.  We're going to make the playoffs.  The only question is how healthy are we going to be, and who are we going to draw in the first round?

I figured that's what you're thinking, and I agree with this.  I still believe we need to do what we can to hit the ground running come that first round series, regardless of who we draw.   We're totally getting Cavs first round at this rate, it just feels like destiny now.  Sixers and Pacers aren't catching them.

Lol, take advantage? This team lost to trey Burke. This is the same team it's been all season. Marc is no better than a chair left on the court that one has to avoid tripping over, and Brad is the most unclutch player in the league. And somehow Brooks doesn't make a change to our strategy during crucial moments of the game knowing these facts. 

It it reminds me of Kendrick Perkins, and why I thought Brooks was a joke prior to coming to DC. 

7 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Lol, take advantage? This team lost to trey Burke. This is the same team it's been all season. Marc is no better than a chair left on the court that one has to avoid tripping over, and Brad is the most unclutch player in the league. And somehow Brooks doesn't make a change to our strategy during crucial moments of the game knowing these facts. 

It it reminds me of Kendrick Perkins, and why I thought Brooks was a joke prior to coming to DC. 

You're going to get no arguments from me about Brooks...

All I know is this team is different in the playoffs. That's all I have to cling on for this season. Let me have it. Lol

Edited by CrypticVillain
  • Haha 1

You absolutely can't lose to a Knicks team at home that you are favored to beat by 10 frickin' points when you're fighting for playoff position, OK?

The Wizards looked gassed as **** at the end of that game last night.  Why oh why didn't Brooks sub out some of the ice cold guys in the last 4 minutes or so?  

The Knicks game is an example of why this team doesn't win 50 games.  At least that's why I don't go into a season thinking they'll do it.  This organization lacks the sort of culture that demands consistent effort.  There's no sense of professionalism with the Wizards that you get from the better teams.  They talk about being the best team in the East and show up to play good teams... but then jog their way too a loss against the Mavs, Nets, Hawks, or Knicks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 hours ago, Destino said:

The Knicks game is an example of why this team doesn't win 50 games.  At least that's why I don't go into a season thinking they'll do it.  This organization lacks the sort of culture that demands consistent effort.  There's no sense of professionalism with the Wizards that you get from the better teams.  They talk about being the best team in the East and show up to play good teams... but then jog their way too a loss against the Mavs, Nets, Hawks, or Knicks.

It starts at the top. Grunfeld and Leonsis are soft pushovers. This organization needs a Pat Riley type at the top.

Look at the Jacksonville Jaguars. Once they hired Tom Coughlin to run the ship, their talent started playing up to their potential.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Brad is playing like ass again. Maybe he needs rest or something. 

He was critical of the way the team played after the New York game too.  He was right to say it, but I hate for him to follow up public criticism with a bad game.  

1 hour ago, Destino said:

He was critical of the way the team played after the New York game too.  He was right to say it, but I hate for him to follow up public criticism with a bad game.  

I think Beal will only have a problem if he's off base in his criticism, and if he's playing passive and mailing it in.  His makes and misses aren't that relevant to the situation.  You need to be getting it right when you criticize, and you need to be leading by example with your individual effort.  Beal is playing hard, he's just missing shots.

I think the team was definitely on board with his message.  They know they need to do better.