Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, Destino said:

In a league where Elfrid Payton grew himself a hat,

I mourned for several days when I found out Orlando had traded him simply I because knew it would reduce the opportunities for Buck and Kara to go in on his *** about that.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I mourned for several days when I found out Orlando had traded him simply I because knew it would reduce the opportunities for Buck and Kara to go in on his *** about that.

Kara asked buck whether or not he would need he visor down when he's driving directly into the sun, or if the hair was enough protection. Buck never answered. 

Wizards are likely to get a very good team in the first round no matter how it shakes out and at this point it's not even an issue of tanking.  Otto and Beal look exhausted.  This has been a long grueling season for the both of them, in new roles, and the team needs them to be great for the playoffs.  Porter injured an ankle a few days ago, why would he even on the court today? 

Of the big three the only one that should be playing significant minutes is Wall because he needs to get closer to game shape.  Wouldn't hurt for him to find his shot again either. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wizards are likely to get a very good team in the first round no matter how it shakes out and at this point it's not even an issue of tanking.  Otto and Beal look exhausted.  This has been a long grueling season for the both of them, in new roles, and the team needs them to be great for the playoffs.  Porter injured an ankle a few days ago, why would he even on the court today? 

Of the big three the only one that should be playing significant minutes is Wall because he needs to get closer to game shape.  Wouldn't hurt for him to find his shot again either. 

The goal needs to be to face Boston in round 1. Irving is likely out and we match up well with them anyway.

58 minutes ago, Destino said:

Wall shouldn't play the back to backs.  Either play him the first or second night, but not both.  Too fresh off the knee injury.  He only started practicing again a week or two ago.  There is no way he's got game legs yet.  Sitting him today was the right move.  Health concerns supersede those about rust.

That goes for all of our key players.  Oubre and Sato both could use some time off too.  They're young players who have never ground their way through having a big role on a playoff team for an entire season before.  Kelly played true sixth man minutes this season and Sato has already more than doubled his minutes played from last year.  They're not going to be good in the playoffs if they don't recharge their batteries.

• Like 1