Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And the fact of the matter is that, if we ever want to realize our goal of at least playing in a Finals, we're going to have to beat LeBron.  That's probably going to take several tries, so might as well start now.

: )

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

God, you guys are up and down. It's a basketball season for God's sake. Sometimes you beat good teams. Sometimes you lose to bad teams.

Wizards are 20-10 against teams under .500.  Is losing a third of games against bad times rare enough to describe as "sometimes?"  Six of those 10 losses were by double digits:

- 14 point loss to an awful tanking Hawks team.

- 35 point loss to the Nets.

- 23 and 14 point losses to the Mavericks, a team fined by the league for admitting they were tanking.

- 24 and 17 point losses to the Hornets.  These games were not as close as the margin of victory.

Wizards fans know this team is dreadfully inconsistent.  They have a Jekyll and Hide personality that goes beyond the make or miss nature of the sport. 

• Like 1

God damn I love when Warriors and Rockets fans tell us lowly Wizards fans how to feel.

I mean, pretty easy when your team wins 50+ games a year, wins multiple titles and competes for trophies every year. 

Walk a a mile in my past 40 years and tell me how you might feel. And don’t tell me about the hard times your teams used to have, because there’s no hard times now.

FORTY YEARS man!! Try and keep faith with that.

14 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

God damn I love when Warriors and Rockets fans tell us lowly Wizards fans how to feel.

I mean, pretty easy when your team wins 50+ games a year, wins multiple titles and competes for trophies every year. 

Walk a a mile in my past 40 years and tell me how you might feel. And don’t tell me about the hard times your teams used to have, because there’s no hard times now.

FORTY YEARS man!! Try and keep faith with that.

Uh, 40 years ago, Bullets (Wizards) were NBA Champs. Just sayin...

22 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Uh, 40 years ago, Bullets (Wizards) were NBA Champs. Just sayin...

That’s my point. Nothing but mediocre to misery since then, while others have had their teams raise trophies within the last 10-20 years. It’s easy when your winning to have a great attitude. 

I was 10 when we won the NBA title. I just turned 50. 

Edited by pjfootballer
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Yo.. We need that five seed badly now. Embid is out indefinitely? 

I wouldn't bank on a concussion now mattering much by the time the first round starts.

Edit:  i'm confused, ESPN has article saying x-rays were negative, yet Buck just said he was getting facial surgery?

Edited by Renegade7

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I wouldn't bank on a concussion now mattering much by the time the first round starts.

Edit:  i'm confused, ESPN has article saying x-rays were negative, yet Buck just said he was getting facial surgery?

SB Nation was reporting him out indefinitely. I didn't even know what happened yet. 

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Annnnd Otto rolls his ankle. No pressure on it as he's helped off.

Yeah... Right on cue it seems. Smh.