Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Gawd that was awful basketball... How the hell do they come in without energy or urgency... Ughh not sure why I even watch...

And why did Jason smith get so much play, botched multiple defensive sets, threw the ball away twice, wtf...

Edited by dcdiscokid

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Or stop him.  Trey Burke isn't special, Oubre was back in time to defend that shot.  

Oubre constantly puts himself at a disadvantage by not getting in front of his man but choosing to set up at an angle for no reason.  His man takes the opening he creates and Oubre either fouls or gives up a drive.  

But youre right, he's young and he'll improve.  I'm just frustrated because seeing the same mistakes show up in big moments.

Ya, you're not wrong at all.  I keep telling myself that he's still coachable and blossoming with potential, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's low IQ (not saying you're saying that, either, just putting that out there).  I'd be more concerned if Brooks wasn't the head coach, homie seems pretty decent at developing players and only had two years with Kelly so far.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yes he can.

Bro, you've been watching us play all year, too, how does this game look any different then the games we had no business losing earlier in the year other then Wall not playing?  

This whole team needs to get a hold of itself, we've all seen games where it seems the only one that gives a **** is Wall, and still lose.  If I remember correctly, we lost the game where he had his career high in scoring, and that was at home, too. We'll win more with him being healthy, but we'll never reach our final form if that's the way the rest of the team wants to carry itself.  

They looked checked out.  Why? I don't, I don't care.  This cannot keep happening.

9 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Can someone tell me why Mahinmi sits behind Marcin?

Porbably because of fouls.  What I don't know is why Brooks has stopped playing Mahinmi very much in the second half.  There was a period where the Wizards where closing games with Gortat on the bench and the defense seemed better late.  What changed?

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It'll work to get us to fall out of the sixth seed.  Seven or eight >>> better than six.  Cleveland is rolling now and they're pulling away at three.

We go in there dry we risk losing to whoever we go up against anyway, can't agree with you this one.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

We go in there dry we risk losing to whoever we go up against anyway, can't agree with you this one.

We backslide into the playoffs every time.  The start of the playoffs is a new season.

The only thing that really matters is not getting Cleveland in round one.  If we don't, we can make an ECF run.  If we do, we're going to be out in five or, at most 6 games and it's going to put the cherry on top of an all around **** season.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

We backslide into the playoffs every time.  The start of the playoffs is a new season.

The only thing that really matters is not getting Cleveland in round one.  If we don't, we can make an ECF run.  If we do, we're going to be out in five or, at most 6 games and it's going to put the cherry on top of an all around **** season.

I get where you're coming from, but in previous examples we didn't have Wall coming in out of nowhere after being out for 2 months.  This is different.  I'm looking at the fact we just lost to Knicks at home, and honestly, Cleveland is the last thing on my mind right now.  In context, this is one of the worst loses of the season.  

Are you looking at it from the perspective that even if we lose out we're still likely getting a playoff berth because of how far behind Detroit is?  Combining that with Wall not playing playing a single game before the start of the first round sounds like a recipe for disaster no matter who we draw.

John is going to come back and we're going to win enough games to stay at six.  Our only hope is for Philly to keep winning and Cleveland to stop playing well.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Are you looking at it from the perspective that even if we lose out we're still likely getting a playoff berth because of how far behind Detroit is?  Combining that with Wall not playing playing a single game before the start of the first round sounds like a recipe for disaster no matter who we draw.

Detroit is done.  We're going to make the playoffs.  The only question is how healthy are we going to be, and who are we going to draw in the first round?

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

John is going to come back and we're going to win enough games to stay at six.  Our only hope is for Philly to keep winning and Cleveland to stop playing well.

If any team is going to rest late in the season it's the 76ers.  They won't catch the Cavs unless it happens very soon.

• Like 1