Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That was the easiest win against San Antonio you're ever going to get.

That win helped soothe my inferiority complex about San Antonio.  Even they sometimes play soft and quit.

I've never seen them play like that, either.  I'm used to them being a measuring stick for us, that was weird to say the least, but I'll take it.

You think they in trouble if Pop all the sudden retires?  He's 69 and already been there 20 years, what's left for him to prove?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You think they in trouble if Pop all the sudden retires?  He's 69 and already been there 20 years, what's left for him to prove?

Yes.  They probably won't fall apart.  They've still got a lot of pieces of a great organization in place, and they need not ever truly lose their winning culture.  But I would expect a steady decline.  They'll have lottery seasons and be mortal.  They've already taken a step back this season.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Yes.  They probably won't fall apart.  They've still got a lot of pieces of a great organization in place, and they need not ever truly lose their winning culture.  But I would expect a steady decline.  They'll have lottery seasons and be mortal.  They've already taken a step back this season.

I agree, he's the straw that stirs that drink more then anything else, and he's so good, anything less will have to be a step back.

Sometimes I feel embarrassed by how little I know about our franchise Pre-Jordan compared to how well I know the Redskins for instance.  I didn't know that until 89-90 we were in the playoffs almost every year, too, same as the Spurs.  It wasn't until the 40th Anniversary celebration the other day I really looked at the time period, dude, we went to the Finals four times in the 70s.  That really sucks that we didn't make the playoffs a single season with Unseld as HC : (

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Sometimes I feel embarrassed by how little I know about our franchise Pre-Jordan compared to how well I know the Redskins for instance.  I didn't know that until 89-90 we were in the playoffs almost every year, too, same as the Spurs.  It wasn't until the 40th Anniversary celebration the other day I really looked at the time period, dude, we went to the Finals four times in the 70s.  That really sucks that we didn't make the playoffs a single season with Unseld as HC : (

It was the greatest era in Franchise history by far.  Spurred by getting lucky in the '67 and '68 drafts.  Pearl and Unseld back to back.  If we'd kept Pearl and Gus Johnson, we probably would have won multiple championships during the decade.  Especially if we still had made the Elvin Hayes trade.  Three HoFers in their prime and a fourth coming off the bench as a sixth man.  C'est la vie.

The 70's is the forgotten decade in NBA history.  Which is a shame because it was the most dynamic and competitive era in league history.  The competition with the ABA and the subsequent merger made it a time of drastic and rapid change.  It made player movement so much more fluid than it had been in the 60's.

• Like 1

Umm... is it just me, or is Christy Winters-Scott getting hotter?  

She on OT right now, I must just be horny, but she's looked at the camera a couple times now and my head has just been twisting from side to side like a confused dog or something.  I think she flirts with the camera crew now like Gwen Ifill used to.  

She could pick me up and take me away like some Amazon if she wanted to and I'd be fine with it.

#DeathBySnuSnu

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Back to our old ways from earlier in the season.  Losing to the bad teams and beating the good teams. 

Great game from the bench last night plus we rebounded the **** out of the ball ( and a lame LaMarcus Aldridge didn't hurt.)  

• Sad 1

Of course this team just just well enough to face Lebron in the first round. If we even come close to making that a competitive series, I full expect Lebron getting around 15 ft/game and an average of 1 foul called per game. It will be the most ridiculous foul discrepancy since D-wade's championship run. 

29 minutes ago, Llevron said:

We are gonna run dead into the Cavs unless we tank it 

I came to grips with this last week.  It's the fitting end to this lousy season.

That said, the situation is still very fluid.  The standings could change a ton in these final 8-10 games.

If we do match up with the Cavs, then I hope we go down fighting.  Our regular season games against the Cavs have been entertaining, I think playing LeBron brings out the best in us.  I hope that would translate into a good series, even if we lose.

And the fact of the matter is that, if we ever want to realize our goal of at least playing in a Finals, we're going to have to beat LeBron.  That's probably going to take several tries, so might as well start now.

Cavs remaining schedule

at Charlotte

New Orleans

Dallas

Toronto

Washington

at Philly

at Knicks

Knicks

76ers remaining schedule:

New York

at Atlanta

at Charlotte

Brooklyn

at Detroit

Cleveland

Dallas

at Atlanta

Milwaukee

Pacers remaining schedule

at Sacramento

at LA Clippers

at Denver

Golden State

at Toronto

at Charlotte

Charlotte

Wizards remaining schedule

at Detroit

Charlotte

at Chicago

at Houston

at Cleveland

Atlanta

Boston

at Orlando

Heat remaining schedule

Chicago

Brooklyn

Atlanta

at Atlanta

at New York

OKC

Toronto

Based on this I could see the Cavs falling if some of the eastern conference teams give them a good fight.  76ers have a pretty easy schedule.  I don't see the Wizards making up any ground and climbing into the 5th spot, though it's possible they fall to 7th if Miami wins their next 5 winnable games they could make up the game and a half difference between them and the Wizards.