Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Does anyone really believe the story Buck always tells about Howard wanting Gortat out of Orlando cause he'd beat him up in practice?

Dwight's a pretty mentally weak dude, but it just seems hard to believe. Lol

Lol. Dwight owns gortat even at 40% spinal capacity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Look here's where I'm at. We need to do whatever we can to avoid the cavs in the first. If that means tanking or going super nova, whatever. I haven't checked, but Do whatever it takes. Because it's playoffs time and Lebron is not losing in the 1st round. Here's a stat line from last night:

We're going to get Cleveland.  We're going to win just enough games to stay in sixth and Philly and Indy will keep winning just enough to stay ahead of us.

• Like 1

Hmm... I just got back in the house like 5-10 minutes ago, and it looks like we're running the same offense we were before Wall went out where he's coming down the court and everyone is standing around checking their Twitter account.  Am I wrong, did I just come in at a bad time?  

10 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hmm... I just got back in the house like 5-10 minutes ago, and it looks like we're running the same offense we were before Wall went out where he's coming down the court and everyone is standing around checking their Twitter account.  Am I wrong, did I just come in at a bad time?  

It does look like they've reverted.  Only two starters have assists.  I haven't seen bigs getting the ball above the elbow and looking to pass to cutters.  I'm not even seeing much off ball movement.  

Its weird because Wall isn't holding the ball very long.  He's been decisive and fast when he's had it.  Can't blame him at all.  

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

It does look like they've reverted.  Only two starters have assists.  I haven't seen bigs getting the ball above the elbow and looking to pass to cutters.  I'm not even seeing much off ball movement.  

Its weird because Wall isn't holding the ball very long.  He's been decisive and fast when he's had it.  Can't blame him at all.  

Ya, that's at least one positive development in the sense of getting the ball out of his hand quicker, like he's trying to give them all a chance to do something similar to what they were doing while he was out.  

I hope they understand they won't beat Cleveland in a series if they give up on the everybody eats thing all together.  They have to combine the two.

At least we're beating Charlotte for a change, but that is not a compliment.

Edited by Renegade7

5 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Dwight Howard completely owns Gortat lol

He does, but Gortat is making him take some tough shots.  Problem is Howard is making the tough ones as often a step the easy.

The new slimmer version of Wall looks fast.  He hasn't looked fast all season, and I mean John Wall type fast,  but today he's had a few flashes of what's been missing.  Welcome back Wallstar.

Havent seen the shot blocking though.  He's defintaley playing cautiously, which is good.

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

Havent seen the shot blocking though.  He's defintaley playing cautiously, which is good.

Definetly faster then before he went out (Thank God, that worried me more then anything else about this whole thing).  Seen him gunning for a couple of Howard's shots, it's only a matter of time before he gets back into the groove on that as well.

Edited by Renegade7

*Sigh, that makes sense, and you're right that's probably exactly whats going to happen.  I love 'em, but I swear it feels like we run races backwards sometimes and keep wondering why we trippin over ****.

Edited by Renegade7