Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

They looked distracted and thrown by the Nene injury. Played really poorly and the Hawks second string took it to us in the fourth. They wanted it more and played a lot better than us. Just killed us on their offensive glass. They got every big rebound, made every big stop, and executed far better on offense down the stretch.

We need to settle in if Nene is going to miss any sort of time. Probably a good thing that there isn't any time to linger over this one. Hopefully we get back to playing smart basketball against tomorrow night.

Wish this one was the game I had to miss.

We've been going under ball screens all season long and opposing PGs have just been killing us for doing it. But whatever we were trying to do by switching off on their ball handlers didn't work at all. Nene is the only big man we've got that can play on the ball on the perimeter and effectively cover PnRs. Between the bad on ball defense leading to easy drives to the rim and the terrible defensive rebounding leading to lots of second chances, we sure as hell felt Nene's loss tonight.

Amazing how much more goes into playing winning basketball than scoring points at a high FG% and getting rebounds :).

I'm done with the Redskins. I can't bring myself to care about a trash organization in whom I have zero confidence. They had their shot with RGIII and they ****ed it up. True to form. RGIII's the best QB prospect this team is ever going to get. And it's a pretty spectacular.

Gruden is in so far over his head. But even he can't be such a dumbass that he doesn't realize he has zero chance of succeeding here beyond next season without making it work with RGIII. Apparently not...

Whatever, I know you guys aren't suckers and you're fed up with the team. Just wanted to share that I won't be watching the Redskins any more nor spending any money on them. Maybe once Dan Snyder dies or sells the team. Until then, go Nats and Wizards.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

Atlanta has a winning record, I don't necessarily think they were looking past them. But Atlanta definitely outplayed us, and over the course of the night, played with more aggression and desire.

I really think the Nene injury threw them off and was the root cause of how discombobulated we looked. The offense just completely ground to a halt and the defense was a mess. Nene anchors our D. And a defense big is one of the only things our bench completely lacks. I love what Humphries brings to the table and he competes hard on D. And Seraphin has been playing like a man in the paint. But neither of them are good defensive bigs that can cover a bunch of space. And Gooden and Blair certainly aren't either.

I wish we had some of Milwaukee's length. They aren't even using John Henson, I wish we could get him from them.

Any progress this offense appeared to have made in the past week came to a screeching halt tonight. And you have to wonder what exactly the game plan was. Without Nene, and with Randy Wittman's insistence on having Beal come off the bench, the Wiz dug themselves an early hole and had to claw their way back. It's one thing if Beal was on a minutes limit or if he was still on the mend, but he isn't, and the starters desperately needed that extra jolt of offense. 

Randy Wittman refuses to go small for long stretches, and when he finally relents, it's in a last-ditch attempt at the end of a game that's likely already out of reach.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/11/25/7290241/wizards-vs-hawks-final-score-turnovers-loss/in/7053592

Milsap is a beast and Horford is really good too. No shame in losing to Atlanta but there is shame to be found in the way we played last night.

On tbe flipside to that, it took us playing like complete **** and being without arguably our best big to lose to a likely-playoff-bound Hawks by 5 points. I think that actually says something positive about our team.

On tbe flipside to that, it took us playing like complete **** and being without arguably our best big to lose to a likely-playoff-bound Hawks by 5 points. I think that actually says something positive about our team.

We're still losing to the better teams though. Atlanta is a low seed east playoff team, we lost at home. They are a division team too and we can't find ways to lose to the and Miami. Never know when an injury or a losing stretch will show up, wizards fans know all about digging early holes and trying to get out. We need to put the hawks and heat in a big early hole.