Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

If this team doesn't win 50 games, its going to be a really disappointing regular season. 50 wins has to be a lock for a team with this much talent in the East.

I believe we can also, but we haven't done it in 35 years. Let's actually get there before we can tack on extras. I called 52-30 before the season.

Greek Freak is as tall as Gortat, you could see it when they stood next to each other. His arms are longer than Gortat's.

Between him, Middleton, Sanders, and John Henson, that is the longest armed team I've ever seen. Good Lord. They've hoarded so much young length.

Everybody is always looking for young, athletic length too. Milwaukee has a bunch of appealing trade chips + two blue chip talents in Parker and Greek Freak. Think of how much we could use some of that. Or a team like Cleveland.

If they had a better big-bodied big man than Pachulia and a better PG, I think they'd be good.

They're in a nice position moving forward. I would hate to see their FO blow it all up in the fire sale they were supposedly considering this summer.

About to watch 2nd half, how are we looking??

Pretty bad early on. Bad defense and a lot of turnovers, bad fouls, and misses on good shots. For a while there, it was looking pretty bad. But Pierce and Wall came back in the last 7 minutes of the second quarter and really sparked the team with a nice run to get back into the game.

Milwaukee has definitely been the better team so far tonight, but we've still got a good chance to win.

Pretty bad early on. Bad defense and a lot of turnovers, bad fouls, and misses on good shots. For a while there, it was looking pretty bad. But Pierce and Wall came back in the last 7 minutes of the second quarter and really sparked the team with a nice run to get back into the game.Milwaukee has definitely been the better team so far tonight, but we've still got a good chance to win.

Nice. Its been fun watching Pierce, such a vet. Wall is bonafide, took over last night superstar style.

They gave Beal the flopper chant. Good to see Milwaukee fans still engaged enough to give us ****. They've suffered a long time... and I hope they suffer some more in the second half.

I don't think Beal flopped. Sanders reached in and got him on the face I think. They've been doing a lot of reaching, Sanders fouled him. I think that floor might be messy too, because both Wall and Gortat fell over on the next possession.

Nene is hurt? Crap, that hurts us. He was our best chance at taking advantage of a pretty slender Bucks front court.

Temple needs to make an impact somehow.

Nice got them out of rhythm. Good defense!

Jesus Wall! He is playing sooo hard!

Four fouls on Sanders is huge.

Look at that hustle!! That was a thing of beauty. Great rotations. Great defense. Great hustle to come away with the loose ball. And a great fast break to finish the sequence.

Washington Wizards ‏@WashWizards  9m9 minutes ago

Injury Update: Nene (right plantar fascia) OUT for the rest of tonight's #WizBucks game

Crap. If that's flaring back up, that sounds like the kind of thing that could linger for a long time.

Gooden and/or Blair are going to have to step up.

Nice, Beal skied for that oop.

Skied? Skyed? Did I just completely make that word up?