Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Good win, but let's not get carried away. Cleveland in their current form isn't a good team, and we slumped for much of the 4th: we were stuck at 86 points for an eternity. Fortunately for us they slumped too, and I think that had more to do with them than us. If it hadn't been for their late slump, they could've turned a comfortable win for us into a nailbiter.

We were turning it over and that led to all kinds of offensive problems, but it's a testament to playing good defense to keep that from sparking a run for them. We held them scoreless for 9 minutes. They were definitely not in rhythm, but bottom line, that doesn't happen without playing hard D.

That game was never really in doubt after the first. The only time they got into range was when Temple played, but them Wall and Beal absolutely shut it down. Cleveland is a talented team that can definitely blitz you if you let them get comfortable. It was a good win. We took care of our business and played like a top two or three seed should.

Damn, Seraphin missed to gimmes. Not as hot as he was last night.

Team that crushed last night vs a team that got crushed. I expected a rough first but hopefully our guys will weather the storm and settle down.

Yeah so long as we hang around, we should be alright. I like our chances to finish a close game strong over Milwaukee's.

We look like we're trying to get into it but we're just off.

We're committing bad fouls.

Lot of hands in the passing lanes, the Bucks are making us pay for risky passes.

Ugh, another bad foul.

I love Paul Pierce. The quintessential guy you hate playing against but you love if he's on your side.

Jesus Greek Freak is enormous.

WTF? Slipping all over the place.

Dang, two good shots at the end of the half but couldn't get them to drop.