Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Miller with the "get off me" shoulder followed by the assist. Beautiful.

Gortat is allergic to angry dunks isn't he? Even when he does "slam" he usually just drops it in. Dude blew an easy lob because he tries to find a way to gently put it through the cylinder.

Edited by Destino

As Coach Gibbs would say "UP HERE you gotta win ugly sometimes"

A win is a win. And the Pelicans are at .500 but they'd be a top-4 team in the East.

And we're still second in the East but with Derozan going out with a tendon tear in his leg, we got a good opportunity to make a move for that top spot. Early as **** or not, that would really feel nice.

Miller with the "get off me" shoulder followed by the assist. Beautiful.

Gortat is allergic to angry dunks isn't he? Even when he does "slam" he usually just drops it in. Dude blew an easy lob because he tries to find a way to gently put it through the cylinder.

he a soft player, and it annoys me to no end.

THere are moments he needs to go in and just bang on a defender, and he decides to fadeaway. Its so frustrating.

The jig is up with this offense and we know Wittless cant change it up.

Ugly W but a W is a W.

Edited by JoeWolf990

Another close game, another win. Definitely glad that we can win the squeakers now. Interestingly enough, with the exception of the first Miami game, all of our losses have been decisive. Considerable reversal from last year. I thought our improved depth would allow us to more effectively endure the adverse effects of the inevitable stretch where Nene would get hurt, but the early indications are that we'll still have a hard time winning without him. That's worrisome.

Another close game, another win. Definitely glad that we can win the squeakers now. Interestingly enough, with the exception of the first Miami game, all of our losses have been decisive. Considerable reversal from last year. I thought our improved depth would allow us to more effectively endure the adverse effects of the inevitable stretch where Nene would get hurt, but the early indications are that we'll still have a hard time winning without him. That's worrisome.

Not really. The Mavs game was really close, basically came down to a possession or two late. The Hawks game was close for the most part, score got out of hand late.

Missed all the games over the holiday. Glad I missed the Cleveland game, wish I had seen the New Orleans game.

Sounds like this team is still searching for it's offensive identity without Nene, but at least they played some defense in the NO game.

I want to see Otto take a more assertive role in the offense moving forward.

It's not Nene that's the offenses problem, it's this teams lack of shooting IMO. Nenes absence has made this issue more apparent but we saw it with him in earlier losses to good teams. There is just no easy way to get around it without him in there passing the ball and occupying defenders.

• Like 1

It's not Nene that's the offenses problem, it's this teams lack of shooting IMO. Nenes absence has made this issue more apparent but we saw it with him in earlier losses to good teams. There is just no easy way to get around it without him in there passing the ball and occupying defenders.

yeah, this is what illuminated to me in the Atlanta game.

Atlanta defended the way they did because they didnt fear outside shooting.

Also teams are packing in the paint as well.

Of course Wittless thinks we just need to have runners with Wall while in transition, but that Ariza corner and wing 3 were huge last year.

We really need Martell Webster back.