Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

They also said he would never win a title because he was soft and didn't play defense.... until he did and then all of the sudden OMG Dirk.

BTW - How come the Mavs owner/GM aren't getting more **** for wasting his career by breaking up the title team?  Tyson Chandler is back and surprise the Mavs defense is a billion times better.  They let him walk on a pipe dream of getting Howard or Lebron and basically wasted Dirk and a team that could have been retooled and remained a contender. 

“@bballbreakdown: Last yr, the #Mavs ranked 25th in DREB% and 24th in REB%

This year, with Tyson Chandler, they’re 30th in DREB% and 26th in REB%

Hmmm”

I think the rebounding is gonna be their achillies heel come playoff time. 

Any of you all ever spent time in Dallas? And I don't mean the seemingly universally-true layover at their DFW airport that everyone seems to experience at least once in their life. So yeah, real time: multiple days, experienced the city, the people, the local culture, sights, sounds , etc

Any of you all ever spent time in Dallas? And I don't mean the seemingly universally-true layover at their DFW airport that everyone seems to experience at least once in their life. So yeah, real time: multiple days, experienced the city, the people, the local culture, sights, sounds , etc

I did a three-day weekend there last year for the Redskins game.  We had a blast except the damn game.  Great mexican cuisine, really great strip clubs - The Lodge, nicest one Ive ever seen and I get around! - and some serious pub-crawling in Deep Ellum.  Plus, it was the same weekend as UT vs OU so the town was just on fire.

Highly recommended!

Lol had the opposite experience. Was stationed at Fort Hood a couple of years so spent time all over Texas. I've always said, remove all the things that make DC special (the people, the history, monuments, seat of power, local culture, so on) and that's Dallas. Just a boring, lame **** hole.

(Loved Austin, really dug San Antonio and idk why, but I just liked being in El Paso)

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Looking at the schedule,

- December starts out a lot easier than it ends but it's a very home heavy month. 10-6 home vs road split, and only 6 of the games are against tough teams.

- January will be the hardest month by a good deal probably. 7-10 home vs road split with some tough west coast trips in there. Eleven of those games are against teams that range from solid to excellent.

- February looks very soft. 6-6 home vs road split and we're only playing three good teams the whole month, two of them at home.

- March looks rough. 7-8 home vs road split with a lot of games against playoff teams.

- April looks soft. 3-5 home vs road split, but only three of the games are against good teams and we get Philly twice.

We won 10 games in October/November. I think we can win another 10 in December. We'll be doing very well if we win nine games in January. I think we should expect to win 10 in February. Eight wins would be really good work in March. And we should expect to win at least five, probably six in April. That's 52 or 53 wins. I think that's realistic so long as Wall doesn't get hurt.

I have never listened to Chad. Ever. Not once. I love Tony for who he has been to this area for so long but I absolutely get everything you're saying about him. He's not really a "sports" guy even though he does sports. 

As for satellite- I LOVE Sirius NFL and NBA radio. You should try it. Not a lot of home team coverage but the shows are good and content is constant. I even have the iPhone app so I can listen anywhere.

Yes, NBA radio is awesome. They are very well-informed and you will listen to former players and people who know the game get into some real in depth conversations. Most local and national radio shows don't know anything about basketball outside of Lebron, Kobe, and the ball goes in the hoop. 

• Like 1

Didn't JLin light up Wall when he was with the Knicks?  I seem to remember him blowing by Wall a few times and driving right down the middle of the lane.  Luckily Wall has improved, I don't see Lin having an easy time doing much of anything this time around. 

Is Swaggy P playing tonight?  If he is I wonder how the home crowd will treat him. 

Those were very different Wizards teams. Crawford, NY, Blatche, Shard, and Pierre... They couldn't defend anybody. We had a lot of guys with "good potential" as defenders. Nobody was actually a good defensive player and the team defense was a complete mess.

Getting Nene, Ariza, and Okafor and swapping Crawford/Young with Beal completely changed us defensively. Now minus Okafor and Ariza, we're just as good. Gortat and Pierce are lesser defenders, but they're both pretty good and the system is now fairly entrenched to where we play good team defense most nights.

Didn't JLin light up Wall when he was with the Knicks? I seem to remember him blowing by Wall a few times and driving right down the middle of the lane. Luckily Wall has improved, I don't see Lin having an easy time doing much of anything this time around.

The game that first put Lin on the NBA radar screen was actually him getting the best of Wall in Summer League their rookie years.

Didn't JLin light up Wall when he was with the Knicks?  I seem to remember him blowing by Wall a few times and driving right down the middle of the lane.  Luckily Wall has improved, I don't see Lin having an easy time doing much of anything this time around. 

This is true but JW took a couple years to adapt to the league and now he's in the top 5 PGs. Lin came in strong and got weaker every season. 

However, won't Wall be guarding Kobe while on defense? I seem to notice that most situations these days dictate that the PG guards the opposing SG and the SG guards the opposing PG. So Beal might be on Lin for defense. (No? Yes? Bueller? Anyone?)

Edited by Chachie

Wall actually torched dude, but the Knicks had a better team.

Wall's vision is insane, how he sees some of our guys camping at the 3pt line is beyond me. Him & Beal took control late to get us this lead.

9 first half assists for Wall, easily could have been double figures if Pierce could hit an open 3 tonight.

Can't imagine the Lakers shooting that well in the 2nd half.

Edited by StillUnknown