Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ariza has to go because of Otto. Its that simple.

If Ariza and Gortat are not re-signed, I would make a serious run at Bosh.

Oh...man.  Bosh would be an AWESOME fit.  He can stretch the floor and defend.  He'd solve a lot of problems. 

PJ's post got me thinking...it's probably safe to say that the season is nearing it's end for the Wizards.  Where do we go from here? 

Here are the Wizards salaries/contracts going forward. 

If the Gilbert Arenas/Rashard Lewis trade proves anything, it's that just about ANY contract can be moved.  That should be our one glimmer of hope that somone would bite on a potential deal for Nene.  Obviously, we'd have to take back a terrible contract, but it's just something to consider. 

Would you be up for trading Nene for Amare?  I think the deal would potentially work if we don't pick up the QOs of guys like Singleton and Seraphin.  I'm just thinking off hand here....

Anyways, here's the current roster:

*Nene

Ariza

Gortat

*Beal

*Wall

Temple

*Miller

Harrington

Rice Jr. 

*Webster

*Porter

Temple

Gooden

Singleton

Seraphin

Booker

* = under contract for 2014/15 (not counting QOs)

All in all, this team could look COMPLETELY different to start the season next year.  I'd rather go all in on someone like Bosh who could help on both ends of the floor than to give a max deal to someone like Greg Monroe, who will never be on CB's level. 

In the draft, I think we need to focus on a PG in the 2nd round. 

We hit the wall in game two and Indy started playing well again very suddenly in game two. That was the turning point. Damn.

Our guys are worn out IMO. We've got the talent to hang with Indy but we're done. Ariza is basically the only one who ever made it this deep into a season and it shows. I think it's really shown with Wall, his shot has fallen apart.

I really really wanted to make it to the ECF, and we would have if we had gotten Atlanta IMO. And I think we could have possibly taken two off Miami too. But winning a series is a huge positive. We got our first taste of being a good team. Started to believe in ourselves.

We hit the wall in game two and Indy started playing well again very suddenly in game two. That was the turning point. Damn.

Our guys are worn out IMO. We've got the talent to hang with Indy but we're done. Ariza is basically the only one who ever made it this deep into a season and it shows. I think it's really shown with Wall, his shot has fallen apart.

I really really wanted to make it to the ECF, and we would have if we had gotten Atlanta IMO. And I think we could have possibly taken two off Miami too. But winning a series is a huge positive. We got our first taste of being a good team. Started to believe in ourselves.

Bingo.  Regardless of the outcome tonight, there is a lot to look forward to w/ this franchise. 

**** the bandwagon fans who CONTINUE to trash this team w/o looking at the big picture. We sure as hell didn't need you before the playoff run, and we sure as hell don't need you now.  This squad deserves better than some of the fickle *** people who come out of the woodwork ONLY when things are going good. 

Edited by RonArtest15
  • Like 3

This season, after how it started and the recent history, has already been a ringing success.  I personally want to see them force a game 7, just so DC fans can see a home win in round 2 for the first time since 1979. But after they clinched, I was satisfied with progress. Winning round 1 and game 1 of round 2 is all gravy. Wall and Beal gotta take their playoff lumps like everybody else.

• Like 3

Need to dump Nene on someone. Old, injured, expensive, and frankly not very productive. Doubt anyone is willing to take him though.

Need to find a contract that's equally worse but perhaps for a player who is more useful to us. Ilyasova from the Bucks is one player. His contract is cheaper than Nene but runs an extra year so maybe we can take him on. He would be really useful for this team as a stretch 4 who shoots >40% from 3 and can rebound.

Man you guys are amazing. One week everybody's awesome. Then we play the #1 seed and now everyone sucks.

We knew going in that this team was not championship material. I think making the 2nd round has us all looking at the Wiz as better than they are.

Are you talking about the Wizards or the Nationals? lmao. Possibly interchangeable at this point.

Competent coaching and we win last night.

LOL Competent coaching as in, "Leave the starters on the pine for the entire 2nd half?"

I knew down to my bones that the starters were completely beaten in game 4. I kept screaming, "They'll blow this lead! Put the bench back in!" What happened? The starters blew TWO significant leads. Oy vey.

We'll win tonight because the Pacers don't need this game. They are way better than us but they don't have the killer instinct of the Heat or the west coast teams. They'll never go all the way.

LOL Competent coaching as in, "Leave the starters on the pine for the entire 2nd half?"

I knew down to my bones that the starters were completely beaten in game 4. I kept screaming, "They'll blow this lead! Put the bench back in!" What happened? The starters blew TWO significant leads. Oy vey.

We'll win tonight because the Pacers don't need this game. They are way better than us but they don't have the killer instinct of the Heat or the west coast teams. They'll never go all the way.

How about not sitting the most productive lineup the entire 3rd quarter or not calling a SINGLE TIMEOUT in the entire time that our 19 point lead eroded.

Roster management killed us.

Anyway, I hope Wittman has learned we are not going to win by playing Indy how we played Chicago.  Gotta go small and make Hibbert irrelevant like ATL did.

• Like 1

Looks like Wall is going to play like a little boy again.  Alright, someone else will have to make up.  Hope Andre Miller came ready to play.

How many times is he going to let George Hill strip him?  It's George Hill, not Gary Payton.

Edited by Sticksboi05