Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Thoughts:

Glad our max player can get schooled by George Hill.

Joey Crawford ****ing sucks. Hibbert travels so much and get away with so may fouls because of "verticality"

I wouldnt resign Gortat or Ariza

Dumb turnovers. Energy level was up in the first half, but nothing in the second. Tough, tough loss. Wall too scared to take that 3 even tho he hit one right before it.

This sucks man, its the same feeling i had watching the skins all year.

If I am going to go down supporting the team I want my superstar giving it his all and having no fear. I can handle losing in that situation this entire playoffs it seems as this is Bradley Beal's team not John Wall's. This traditional point guard crap is not winning anymore you have to break the defense not only to get your teammates involved but to look to score Tony P, Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook. Wall is very capable he can score we seen it the jumper is a struggle but he is not doing it when we need it.

• Like 1

This team needs a better coach and player that can make clutch shots.

I missed the first quarter so I'm not sure why Gortat wasn't playing at all.  I like Gooden and Harrington but....

Guys missed everything.  Nene had like three drives and awkward layup attempts.  Beal missed shots.  Webster was non-existant, what happened he used to be balling earlier in the season?  Wall was mediocre, he hit that 3 late but that is pretty much all he did.  He had a lot of jump passes that failed.  Basically this team isn't ready.  Ariza is good but he can't be the guy.

Fixed that for you.

Good news is we play better on the road anyway.

Bad news is we cant win without wall being a factor. not sure what to tell wall to do when he's not hitting shots. indiana kept smoothering him when he drove in the paint, had to keep getting balls to his shooters.

Reality is if he's going to be getting max player money, he needs to shoot better. game 2 and 4 we're both winnable where if he just hits 2 or more of his jumpshoots we probably win.

Game 3 was jus depressing. its like there's no more hiding everything that gets cried about in this thread or warned about by the talking heads this deep in the playoffs. this series isnt over until its over, but im gonna have to reevaluate how emotional i get over these wins and losses. need distractions to help deal with stuff in my life, but game 3 sucked the life out of me watching millionaires play like they didnt give a ****. why should i care if you don't?

Dumb turnovers. Energy level was up in the first half, but nothing in the second. Tough, tough loss. Wall too scared to take that 3 even tho he hit one right before it.

This sucks man, its the same feeling i had watching the skins all year.

He needs to see a psychologist too.  He has issues with confidence and body language that I thought were behind him, that have shown up again.  

Growing, learning, struggling.  I still like my guys and I can't wait to play game 5 with no pressure...

That said, I'm ready for Porter all year next year.  I've had enough of Ariza.

Heck, I'm ready for Porter now.

Might as well give him a little run.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Man, Wall played scared as heck. I am completely disappointed in dude's performance this entire playoffs. Just awful stuff. I would get on Marcin Gortat being hte worst starter than in this series for both teams, but Wall's no show and scared has made me re-think how I feel about dude. Absolutely disgusted in his play.

I gave Wittman credit for putting Beal off the ball and having George run through screens to cover, but he was also culpable. Just awful choke job but this is what I expect from the Wizards so it does not really hurt.

Wall needs to shoot thousands of shots a day this offseason.  Over and over and over.  That FG% needs to come up to at least 45%.

he needs to correct his form. I thought he found something last season, and now its gone away. He is still fading on his shots and is still shooting on the way down instead at its highest point. He about to get time off now.
  • Like 1

Man, Wall played scared as heck. I am completely disappointed in dude's performance this entire playoffs. Just awful stuff. I would get on Marcin Gortat being hte worst starter than in this series for both teams, but Wall's no show and scared has made me re-think how I feel about dude. Absolutely disgusted in his play.

I gave Wittman credit for putting Beal off the ball and having George run through screens to cover, but he was also culpable. Just awful choke job but this is what I expect from the Wizards so it does not really hurt.

he needs to correct his form. I thought he found something last season, and now its gone away. He is still fading on his shots and is still shooting on the way down instead at its highest point. He about to get time off now.

Wall is 23.  Beal is 20.  They will be ready soon.

Was watching via the TNT Overtime backboard angle on my phone through Wi-Fi (able to do stuff with kids).  Had the sound muted but it seemed like the Wizards were aggressive and getting hacked but not the calls; just my observation from the backboard angle.  Also missed a bunch of layups it seemed like as well.

Seemed like last jump shot that was made was Wall 3 pointer... just hope they keep fighting. 

Besides MBoyd... Seems like some of you have completely given up.

I don't expect the Bullets to win the series, but I still think they can win another game or maybe stretch it to 7.

Wall is not a natural scorer... it hurts his game. The fact that the team (besides Beal) are all horrible at the charity stripe hurts the team.

And if you guys want to go with conspiracy...you have to knock out the favorite to win...same as boxing.

This is a young team that is building. Experience is only a benefit for them at this point. All that is needed now is for the front office to make good moves in the upcoming weeks.

I may be in the minority, but I think Wall was great in the first series. Yeah he didnt shoot well, but he did everything else great, especially defense. This series I feel he is still playing well on defense but man, no offensive game, bad/ too many turnovers etc. I had a bad feeling that a good defensive team like the Pacers would exploit John's lack of ability to shoot consistently. Nene and Gortat are no where near what they were against the bulls. Thats our biggest issue IMO. But Game 4 was mainly on Wall.

In the NBA if you want to earn a big paycheck you have to score well (not necessarily great) in the post season with one exception, 7 foot ferocious defenders.  Unless Wall plans on going through one hell of a growth spurt he has to do his part.  He can't be the guy on the team that terribly underachieves and sees his post season averages come in way below his regular season numbers.  

11.5ppg .314fg% is unacceptable.  (numbers against the pacers)

Edited by Destino

Barkley had a nice quote last night. Basically:

"All NCAA tournament we waited for Kentucky to play like the bunch if 18 year olds they were and they never did until the championship game. Washington is now playing like a bunch of 18 year olds"

I'm tired of the "young team" excuse.  John Wall is completing his 3rd season.  Stop with this nonsense.  I was saying it even when he was playing well, I just don't trust him when it matters most.  Never trusted him to make a play in the final minutes.  And last night mattered most, it was our season.  After playing very poorly he needed a bounce back game, instead he regressed.   I am afraid he will be fool's gold his entire career.  I really hope I'm wrong. 

It's not a question of being young in terms of years in the NBA, it's a question of being young in terms of playoff experience. It's incredibly rare for guys that are new to the playoffs to make really deep runs. Normally it take a few times getting there before they break through to a finals appearance and even than it's tough to get back for some. 

Having said all that I'm not sure Wall's game is suited for a deep playoff run if he is expected to be one of the top two players on the team. The only other similar PG that I can think of that won a championship is Rondo, but he was surrounded by Pierce, Garnett and Allen and was considered the 4th option offensively.

Regardless of what happens the rest of the series, it's been a success for Wall and Beal cause they needed some kind of playoff experience in order to grow as players.