Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Hello 7th seed.  I know there's been a lot of talk about the Pacer struggles and how maybe this may be a favorable matchup in the first round.  I'm going to respectfully disagree.  The Wizards are the "get-right" team.  How many times we've played a team that was on a losing streak or lost 7 of 9 games only to have them beat the Wizards like they stole something?  I can easily see the Pacers sweeping the Wizards and watch the pundits talk about how Indiana was able to right the ship.

Another likely scenario given the Wizards misfortunes: Miami falls to the #2 spot.   :(     

This is the kind of loss I can live with. Charlotte made lots of 3s, including tough ones, yet we held them to under 95 points despite the game going to OT. Our execution was fine; we just didn't make shots that we normally hit. If our execution and intensity are like that in the playoffs, we'll be fine: over time, the shots will take care of themselves if we execute. No way will Ariza and Beal combine for 8 points despite good looks in another game. In fact everyone aside from Wall, Gortat, Booker, & Nene combined for 21 points.

Edited by TheItalianStallion
  • Like 1

Seems like the Bobcats have been playing in overtime an awful lot recently...and winning those games.

The thing about this game I did not understand, is how the Bullets/W didn't get off a play before it went to OT.

That's terrible.

I'm still stuck on Al Jefferson being wide open under the basket for the game tying basket.

Yeah, I'd take dantoni in a heartbeat. I would take any real coach with an ounce of leadership. Clearly Wittman doesn't have leadership or strategy. It's ridiculous and pathetic. The team is almost never ready to play and when the the games are played out wittman seems to have no impact in what happens. Never takes a timeout to break up the flow, never changes the team strategy, doesn't do anything. And the wiz are never ready to play.

Also we consistently miss SO many free throws as a team. That's unacceptable.

We have an ok roster but nothing will ever come of it with a terrible coach. And that's exactly what we have. God bless wizards fans, I think we have a very very rough road ahead....

Edited by sherrardsd

I'm still stuck on Al Jefferson being wide open under the basket for the game tying basket.

I said a few days ago that Jefferson has been pretty amazing all season. Even Nene can't stop him.

Yeah, I'd take dantoni in a heartbeat.

And I'll take some of what you are smoking. As a Lakers fan, I can't wait to see the door hit him on the way out. Same can be said for Steve Nash. That idiot let Nash play just to allow him to get his assists. It annoys me that they are basically tanking now and Mitch got a new deal. ...Sorry for venting in the wrong thread.

Playoffs are at least a start. You never know. No one expected the Giants to beat the Pats the first go round, the second time was just history repeating itself.