Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Just got home, on media blackout, watching the game. So I'll read comments/comment myself when I'm done with it (3rd quarter, Wiz down 2).

Just wanted to say though, is it just me or is JR Smith like an obvious idiot? Like just something about him. And a special case of idiot. Almost reminds me of an East Coast Nick Young. If that makes sense. I don't think you can win with folks like them. Ever.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Just got home, on media blackout, watching the game. So I'll read comments/comment myself when I'm done with it (3rd quarter, Wiz down 2).

Just wanted to say though, is it just me or is JR Smith like an obvious idiot? Like just something about him. And a special case of idiot. Almost reminds me of an East Coast Nick Young. If that makes sense. I don't think you can win with folks like them. Ever.

No he is absolutely a Nick Young.  His highest ambition is the same as Young's--making money and ****ing groupies.  Except add in possible gang ties and a drug problem.  He's definitely an idiot.  If I were a coach I would hate coaching him.  You can't win anything of substance with him being one of your top guys.  Look at the game he had tonight.  Made an inordinate and unsustainable amount of crap and actually kept the Knicks in it.  Totally crapped the bed when it mattered with that dumb ass (should have been flagrant) foul on Beal + all the late defensive breakdowns and crappy shot choices.  And he used up his makes for the next couple games in the process.  He's a waste of talent.  Always has been.

The Knicks have such a ****ed up construction.  Melo and Stat and JR Smith and Ray Felton and too much money for Chandler (though he is good and a championship caliber role playing big).  Ugh.  If I were Melo, I would absolutely leave this summer and never look back.  Take the first train to Dallas or Chicago.

Lol yeah reading the comments here. Glad to see (though not surprised) I wasn't the only one thinking about how much an idiot Smith is even though he was seemingly having a good game. And totally agree about the Knicks being ****ed up beyond belief. Reading other boards, seems like a lot of Knicks fans think their problems start and stop with Woodsen. I think they got an ugly awakening coming up. Especially if Phil goes hard and goes full tank.

But yeah, great game. Such a fun win. So happy to see Beal stepping up. I got full faith we're gonna see similar growth with him that we saw with Wall the last four years. And I think I've said it before but goddamn it's been a long time since we didn't have a single player on the team that I didn't absolutely despise. Or really despise on any level. A joy to root for.

No joke...there were two separate occasions when JR Smith pulled up and I said "what is he doing?  He's a ****ing idiot!!" and he made the shots LOL.  One of those nights for him.

Can't get over how terribly coached the Knicks are.  Yall clown Wittman, but be thankful we have him and not Woodson.  How predictable was their final play?  Melo ISO hahahahaha.  No creativity.  Melo had a terrible night shooting, but they decide (as always) to let him be the hero. Common sense would say use him as a decoy and get JR an open look.  But, noooooo.  I couldn't care less because we got the win, but I'd be frustrated as hell if I was a player on this squad.  Those ****ing CAA ties, man.  SMH. 

• Like 1

Any word on Nene's return? Don't want to see any Trevor Booker in the playoffs.

When did you start liking the Wizards again? lol

I mean i don't like the wizards but i do like john wall and would like to experience a NBA playoff game

No joke...there were two separate occasions when JR Smith pulled up and I said "what is he doing?  He's a ****ing idiot!!" and he made the shots LOL.  One of those nights for him.

Can't get over how terribly coached the Knicks are.  Yall clown Wittman, but be thankful we have him and not Woodson.  How predictable was their final play?  Melo ISO hahahahaha.  No creativity.  Melo had a terrible night shooting, but they decide (as always) to let him be the hero. Common sense would say use him as a decoy and get JR an open look.  But, noooooo.  I couldn't care less because we got the win, but I'd be frustrated as hell if I was a player on this squad.  Those ****ing CAA ties, man.  SMH. 

Not only that, Melo was clearly injured and couldn't raise his shooting arm without pain.

We're going to get killed in the playoffs.

This offense can be badly disrupted by a good motivated defensive team. Sadly, there is no path in which we don't face one in the first round. Things might get ugly.

Sixth seed is up for grabs on Wednesday when the bobcats come to town. I think the wizards will finish 7th.

Edited by Destino

Big night at MSG last night. I expected a letdown tonight. The Bulls are better than we are, especially w/o Nene.

Charlotte is playing lights-out desperation basketball right now. We are on the ropes and covering up in the 6th spot. I actually don't think there's a team in the first 9 spots that we could beat in a series.

Especially w/o Nene. And coaching. 

Big night at MSG last night. I expected a letdown tonight. The Bulls are better than we are, especially w/o Nene.

Charlotte is playing lights-out desperation basketball right now. We are on the ropes and covering up in the 6th spot. I actually don't think there's a team in the first 9 spots that we could beat in a series.

Especially w/o Nene. And coaching. 

I don't think we could beat one of the first four seeds.  But I absolutely think we could beat Brooklyn, Charlotte, Atlanta, or New York in a series.  Those teams are not that good.

Hopefully there is still some way we can end up playing Brooklyn.

And Nene comes back against Charlotte I think.  That'll be huge.

Trevor Booker is god awful. Guy does absolutely nothing on either side of the ball. We need Nene for the simple things like being able to hit a mid range jumper, boxing out and defending pick and rolls.

You would think someone who played 4 years of college ball would have a better grasp of fundamentals, but Booker is clueless.