Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

GET BUCKETS!

Who would have thought, that at the beginning of their respective seasons, the Wiz would have been the only team of the big four to make the playoffs in the 2013-2014 season.

Talked about that with folks before. Before the year, the Wizards were the one team that folks weren't expecting to make the playoffs. Big picture, it's kind of depressing to be honest. Look for a minute like we might be entering a golden age of DC sports. Instead all we have are the Wiz a few games over .500 and a 6 seed in the East.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/wp/2014/04/03/wizards-otto-porter-jr-hears-chants-gets-rare-chance-to-contribute/

Wizards’ Otto Porter Jr. hears chants, gets rare chance to contribute

“He’s going to play,” Wittman said. “Otto has been great.  It has been a tough year in terms of playing time. Otto is going to be fine.  I am excited about what Otto is going to be in this league. The opportunity with being hurt early and not playing for the first 20 games and not stepping on the floor was a lot for him. We had good play with guys ahead of him, but I love what I’m going to be able to do in coaching this kid. He’s going to be a player in this league.”

• Like 1

Wittman sounding like he already knows he'll be back next year

Yeah it does. He's coming back. We've all known it was going to happen for a while. But making the playoffs clinched it IMO.

Wittman was safe the day Wall endorsed him IMO. I don't blame Wall in this, I'm glad he's not a coach killer.

Porter is Wittman's guy. I remember how glowing Wittman was about Otto at his introductory press conference. Otto was definitely the one Wittman wanted in the draft IMO, you could tell he was genuinely excited. I think, in particular, Randy liked Otto on a personal level.

Randy will play Otto more after he gets a multi-year extension.

My top 5 coaches:

1.Pops (duh)

2.Doc (See Blake Griffin. He has him playing like a different player imo.)

3.Carlise (All his teams do is win. He did it with the Pacers, he's still doing it with the Mavs)

4.Thibs (Without their star player for two straight years, his teams still are a handful to deal with) 

5.Spo (I know people don't like him, but his team has won back to back rings. They could have quit in game 6 last year, but they kept fighting. People says he is overrated, but I don't think so.)

That top 5 just makes it even harder to stomach Witman. He seems like a real cool dude. So it's not that I don't like him, I just don't think he should be coaching my favorite basketball team and all. 

I just saw the ESPN list, can't believe they got Vogel over Carlise. I also can't believe they have Spo so high. But the n again, they do slurp on the Heat, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. It just seems to me that most people say he isn't as good as he is because he has Lebron.